Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682798 times)

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4530 on: April 27, 2020, 02:50:01 pm »

Is it possible to have the game assign a variation of a race's name, based on the Entity they are under? For example, if I added goblins as an available race for the PLAINS entity, can I have the game call those specific goblins "Hobgoblins", and have the goblins living under the EVIL entity remain as "Goblins"?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: April 27, 2020, 03:35:17 pm »

I don't think so no. Can't think of anything that would work, anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: April 27, 2020, 05:35:35 pm »

If you have to maybe you could copy the goblin creature and rename the copy to hobgoblin?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4533 on: April 28, 2020, 07:53:21 am »

Is it possible to have the game assign a variation of a race's name, based on the Entity they are under? For example, if I added goblins as an available race for the PLAINS entity, can I have the game call those specific goblins "Hobgoblins", and have the goblins living under the EVIL entity remain as "Goblins"?

What if entity X had a spell/syndrome that transformed from goblin creature to hobgoblin different hair color creature,
would worldgen use the creature transformation, I guess it would not.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: April 28, 2020, 09:27:50 am »

1. Is it possible to change the body over age? say, let the catterpillar grow into a butterfly?

2. can I do something with gelding and bodyparts? I know I can set it to the lowerbody,. but can i attach some sort of effect to it? like chane their personallity, or really let them loose some bodypart after beeing gelded?

3. can I somehow let interactions or syndromes change the body? so a syndrome for growing wings, or an interaction which removes a bodypart?

4. can I attach syndromes to some diet? Let say, my animals behave differently, when given some kind of food? I guess I already know this one: by ingested-syndrome-things. well, no need to answer this question. Or maybe you have some tips for me.

5. can I attach some effect to being milked, or being sheared?

I want to see if i can manage my domesticated animals on more ways, to influence their behaviour

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4535 on: April 28, 2020, 11:40:39 am »

1. Is it possible to change the body over age? say, let the catterpillar grow into a butterfly?

2. can I do something with gelding and bodyparts? I know I can set it to the lowerbody,. but can i attach some sort of effect to it? like chane their personallity, or really let them loose some bodypart after beeing gelded?

3. can I somehow let interactions or syndromes change the body? so a syndrome for growing wings, or an interaction which removes a bodypart?

4. can I attach syndromes to some diet? Let say, my animals behave differently, when given some kind of food? I guess I already know this one: by ingested-syndrome-things. well, no need to answer this question. Or maybe you have some tips for me.

5. can I attach some effect to being milked, or being sheared?

I want to see if i can manage my domesticated animals on more ways, to influence their behaviour

1, 2, 3. Nope.

4. It would mostly just be ingested syndromes causing personality changes, yes. Higher bravery would make them more likely to stay and fight instead of run, or less anxiety and stress vulnerability would probably make them less likely to collapse in terror during combat.

5. Also nope.

Most of these functions are hardcoded so cant edit much on that front. Maybe dfhack could do something atleast on the milking/shearing front but it's not my area so I don't know how feasible it is.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: April 28, 2020, 02:30:35 pm »

You probably can accomplish 1 & 3, actually.

For 1, you could probably add an secretion of substance that has a non-stacking syndrome which affects only that creature, that has a delayed body transformation effect, to another caste of the same creature (with pop ratio 0 or nigh 0 to prevent creatures being born that way). That way the body transformation happens a certain amount of time after birth. There's probably also other ways that you could add a syndrome from birth.

You can definitely do 3, you just have to have another caste with pop ratio 0 with the added wings or removed body part, and use the syndrome to transform to that.

Note that body transformations heal the creature completely.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: April 28, 2020, 03:30:42 pm »

For 3, syndromes can also change the relative size of bodyparts. For 5, you could apply a syndrome that only takes affect when the MILK_COUNTER counter trigger is above a given value, i.e. only for a while after being milked.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: April 28, 2020, 04:50:55 pm »

For 3, syndromes can also change the relative size of bodyparts. For 5, you could apply a syndrome that only takes affect when the MILK_COUNTER counter trigger is above a given value, i.e. only for a while after being milked.
I have idea about 5. I add second gender castes to monogendered humanoids, who looks like fully different creatures (sylfide for satyr, horror for harpy and black widow for blendec). Black widow is dwarf-sized spider-woman with web attack and dangerous venom. They rare and may be trained like gremlins, their venom are usable in alchemy, but currently unobtainable due to ability to learn prevent creatures for being milked. How code them to become dumb temporary when they may give venom and come back after venom-milking?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: April 28, 2020, 06:23:15 pm »

Creature's own tears give it a Boost Syndrome? Or sweat slowly accumulates War Rage Syndrome?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: April 28, 2020, 11:23:10 pm »

How add non-existent orchads? They may be traded and are assigned to subterranean trees, but not grow on tree in both game modes.

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: April 29, 2020, 07:34:40 pm »

I was under the impression that in the current version there is no way to make a creature automatically use an interaction but the wiki says if there is no USAGE_HINT "the interaction will be used whenever a valid target is available". Which is true?
If I make an interaction that only targets itself (i.e. TARGET:X:SELF_ONLY) and leave off the usage hint will that creature use it automatically?
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: April 30, 2020, 03:19:49 am »

I was under the impression that in the current version there is no way to make a creature automatically use an interaction but the wiki says if there is no USAGE_HINT "the interaction will be used whenever a valid target is available". Which is true?
If I make an interaction that only targets itself (i.e. TARGET:X:SELF_ONLY) and leave off the usage hint will that creature use it automatically?

And what kind of interaction are you trying to do?

You see, if it's some sort of attack, ATTACK usage hint does just fine. Now in 47 there is new usage hint DEFEND, for combat interactions that target the user (for AI, in older versions there was no way to do that, bless you Toady), GREETING when approaching friendly creature...

You need the usage hint for AI to use the interaction. That's exactly what that token's for, for AI, player can use the interaction at will, but not your foes. So go check the available usage hints at wiki and pick one that suits your interaction at most, I guess.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: April 30, 2020, 07:31:31 am »

I've read somewere on this forum, that the lack of a usage-hint is only used, when in combat. I haven't tested is out, but to my knowledge, the GREETING is best used in a non -combat situation for interactions.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: April 30, 2020, 07:41:34 pm »

I've read somewere on this forum, that the lack of a usage-hint is only used, when in combat. I haven't tested is out, but to my knowledge, the GREETING is best used in a non -combat situation for interactions.
Hello! *shoots webs*
spray-web greeting by ViolinAnon:
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
      [CDI:ADV_NAME:Spray web]
      [CDI:USAGE_HINT:GREETING]  [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_TOKEN:LB]
      [CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SILK:WEB_SPRAY]
      [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
      [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:2]  [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]  [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:300]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 06:44:50 pm by TomiTapio »
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 372