Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683036 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4380 on: February 25, 2020, 11:44:36 pm »

Is it possible to spawn goblins without demon intercession?  What tag controls that?

Well, yes. You could make them spawn naturally and they would exist regardless of civilizations, but if you want to make civ without HFS involved you need to change the site type. Dark fortresses and pits are tied to this, you can't have them without HFS.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: February 26, 2020, 03:52:00 pm »

Someone claimed that megabeasts "are totally harmless to everyone else but your fortress in fortress mode the moment that world-gen ends."
Is this true?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: February 26, 2020, 03:58:00 pm »

Someone claimed that megabeasts "are totally harmless to everyone else but your fortress in fortress mode the moment that world-gen ends."
Is this true?
they cannot attack other sites that are not player-observed when the world is not in worldgen.  So yes?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: February 26, 2020, 03:59:49 pm »

Is this true?
they cannot attack other sites that are not player-observed when the world is not in worldgen.  So yes?
Huh. Did not know that. Why?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: February 26, 2020, 04:02:19 pm »

how would the game simulate the outside world, in all its vastness, while you ran a fort?  The game already has to pause to generate the outside world every year.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: February 26, 2020, 04:11:25 pm »

how would the game simulate the outside world, in all its vastness, while you ran a fort?  The game already has to pause to generate the outside world every year.
But, I know armies will attack each other after world gen. Why would they still attack, but megabeasts not?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: February 26, 2020, 04:55:02 pm »

It's kind of the point of turning on the living world back in 2014. Armies are attacking each other, sites are being reclaimed, sites are being founded. The world updates a lot more than once per year.

There are things which don't happen during background worldgen though. Forgotten Beasts for example aren't moving around and attacking other sites as tracking of underground stuff just doesn't work right now (a reason for the upcoming map rewrite ).

Megabeasts are perhaps on hold until then. Werebeasts, titans and merchants are also not moving about the map like regular armies.

Armies, mercenaries, performance troupes, reclaim expeditions, and of course villains are all operating as you play though and populations are being tracked.

You could perhaps ask Toady in fotf if megabeasts are moving about like armies. I think he gave a summary of what's actually being tracked and what "teleports" to your fortress a month or so back.

--edit
Oh, there we go:
Toady:
migrants teleport, diplomats/liaisons teleport, merchant caravans coming to the fort teleport - the oldest calendar events.  Are those the only ones left?  All of the 'heroic' and religious and scholarly professions move as armies do (to the fort and otherwise), as do siegers/thieves now.  Ah, beast attacks (mega/forgotten/etc.) are still world map teleporters -- mainly because the FBs live underground and underground travel is still annoying.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 04:58:06 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: February 28, 2020, 02:32:01 am »

Is it possible to make subterranean animal-people playable without being outsiders? [ALL_MAIN_POPS_CONTROLLABLE] on their entity doesn't seem to do it.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: February 28, 2020, 07:55:32 am »

They dont have any sites, so you cannot choose to spawn from an anumal person site.  Unless a significant population lives on a surface site.

So not especially.
PKs DF Mod!

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: February 28, 2020, 10:16:52 am »

What do the [NO_WINTER] tags do to civilised creatures?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: February 28, 2020, 10:40:01 am »

Two more questions.

What makes an underground creature rampage in sites? The normal tags for that don't seem to do it. And plump helmet men have those tags and yet they can civilize.

What makes an underground creature join dwarven/other underground civs? Again, the normal tags don't seem to work.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 11:21:24 pm by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: February 29, 2020, 07:47:59 pm »

What makes an underground creature join dwarven/other underground civs? Again, the normal tags don't seem to work.
[Local_pops_produce_heroes].
It's on gorlaks and plump helmet people, plus all the aboveground, non-aquatic animal people.

This causes events during worldgen where local populations of wild animal people, plump helmet men and gorlaks join civs in varying numbers. These events don't happen every time though, and only a handful of groups make it in each world. So it can be hard to test.

It's also hard-coded to ignore some critters even if they have the tag. Aquatic ones I recall Toady mentioning specifically in fotf (as I realized all that testing I'd done to get merpeople to join coastal civs was just wasted time...).

Your large_predator tags (of critter you asked about in the other thread) may be the cause of it not working. Don't think gorlaks and plump helmet people have those. Besides, you don't want playable races with large_predator, it never ends well:

"Hi, what do you think of me?"
"You are a pleasure to speak with. However, you are also a dangerous animal" *draws carving knife
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 08:02:37 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4392 on: February 29, 2020, 08:19:53 pm »

Your large_predator tags (of critter you asked about in the other thread) may be the cause of it not working. Don't think gorlaks and plump helmet people have those. Besides, you don't want playable races with large_predator, it never ends well:

I have yeti (civ joiner) poets with BUILDINGDESTROYER tag. It is fun. Sometimes we whack the yeti poets for being so clumsy.
LARGE_PREDATOR ain't no hindrance.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: February 29, 2020, 09:23:54 pm »

What does prone to rage do exactly?

The wiki didnt specify when the percentage to raqe out rolls.  is it when spotting an enemy, when attacking or being attacked, or each tick or?
PKs DF Mod!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: February 29, 2020, 10:17:10 pm »

I have yeti (civ joiner) poets with BUILDINGDESTROYER tag. It is fun. Sometimes we whack the yeti poets for being so clumsy.
LARGE_PREDATOR ain't no hindrance.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In Adventurer. It's very much an issue. But apparently not stopping them joining civs, so that's good.
While Building destroyer is annoying in Fortress, but not an issue in Adventurer.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 372