Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683147 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4245 on: December 03, 2019, 12:21:07 pm »

I imagine it still needs some surface biome defined - there shouldn't be subterranean chasms on the surface.
Yeah. I meant if you left the surface biome tags alone. So the creature has both surface and underground biomes would it spawn in both?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: December 03, 2019, 01:11:51 pm »

Yeah, they will appear both above and below ground just fine. I used this on witch lights, they show up both in caverns and swamps.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: December 03, 2019, 01:35:02 pm »

Yeah, they will appear both above and below ground just fine. I used this on witch lights, they show up both in caverns and swamps.
Awesome thanks!

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: December 03, 2019, 02:33:51 pm »

Is it possible to make an entity build underground cities?
pug

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: December 03, 2019, 03:06:37 pm »

Depends on what would suit you. The closest thing are dwarf fortresses, it's just a surface entrance to underground chaotic complex...

The thing is that when it comes to sites, we modders can't do much. The types are all hardcoded, so all you can do is to make an entity build human-like hamlets and towns, goblin-like dark pits and fortresses (generating an unique HFS master per entity and stuff around that in order to work), dwarf-like fortresses and hillocks, and kobold-like sites... These patterns. You can set them to be playable in fort mode regardless on their site type.

I think best think that would suit you is dwarf fortress. What I know from my testing, it seems terrain also plays role when it comes to site building, having a fortress-entity that didn't settle in mountains made them start with one single fortress (capital) in starting biomes, and build just hillocks afterwards. Setting [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE_DETAILED] makes them also do hillocks, maybe if you restricted the biomes only to mountains they wouldn't.

By giving them [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:DARK_FORTRESS] may give 'em sort of underground settlements as well, but it would come with the goblin civ traits, and you probably don't want that.

Give it a shot.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: December 07, 2019, 04:35:04 am »

On the wiki it says that you need to have your fort made into a barony before the other civs start sending their diplomats to you. Does that mean that customs civs need to have a land holder position with the [RECEIVE_DIPLOMATS] responsibility too? 

Right now I have a non land holder with that responsibility but I haven't receive any diplomats in any of my test runs, though that might be due starting new forts frequently.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: December 07, 2019, 01:58:43 pm »

Is it possible to make a race that settles in all deserts, regardless of good/evil/savagery, WITHOUT making them at peace with wildlife?
pug

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: December 13, 2019, 07:36:26 am »

Is it possible to make a race that settles in all deserts, regardless of good/evil/savagery, WITHOUT making them at peace with wildlife?

Yes, if you make a custom civ, you can change the biomes they settle in, not sure if you can specify alignment though. (no clue what at peace with wildlife has to do with it, however, it's never been a problem for me.)
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4253 on: December 13, 2019, 01:33:49 pm »

You'd just omit the peace with wildlife token from either their entity or creature file (I don't remember if it still does anything when put in the entity file).

CheeznWhine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: December 14, 2019, 02:34:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Could you try

[CV_CONVERT_TAG]
  [CVCT_MASTER:FREQUENCY]
  [CVCT_TARGET:XX]
  [CVCT_REPLACEMENT:0]

I cannot seem to even get convert tags to work... or I don't understand them

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: December 15, 2019, 02:02:04 pm »

How can you make a tissue layer group with multiple types of tissue?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: December 16, 2019, 06:48:34 pm »

Im looking at my old 40.xx mod files, and Im wondering how compatible they are with the new version....

Are they any new or obsoleted tags, and have any major changes been made to the core lineup [i.e changes to dwarf weight or the hardness of steel or farming mechanics or civ defs or interactions]?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4257 on: December 17, 2019, 08:39:55 am »

Im looking at my old 40.xx mod files, and Im wondering how compatible they are with the new version....

Are they any new or obsoleted tags, and have any major changes been made to the core lineup [i.e changes to dwarf weight or the hardness of steel or farming mechanics or civ defs or interactions]?
The actual creatures/metals havent changed much (I think the STRANGE_MOODS token was added to dwarves and can be assigned to other races) - OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE is now a creature-level token rather than a civ thing. Some animals also got typos in their descriptions fixed IIRC.
For civs, the instrument types are gone, replaced with procgenned ones, ADVENTURER_TIER stuff is gone, replaced with [ALL_MAIN_POPS_CONTROLLABLE] (CIV_CONTROLLABLE is also renamed to SITE_CONTROLLABLE), some new jobs were added (bookbinder, etc.) and some new tool types (pedestals, display cases). I'd recommend looking through the vanilla 44.12 civ files for how stuff looks like now.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4258 on: December 17, 2019, 06:04:28 pm »

Edit: Oops, wasn't DF 2012.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ps. size of a tile is: "I think for the purposes of the minecarts it turned out to be 2m x 2m x 3m with 10 clicks / second" -Toady One
pps. use WinMerge or other "source code comparing tool" to visually inspect vanilla DF raws changes between 40.xx and 44.12.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 06:59:09 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: December 17, 2019, 06:19:40 pm »

40.xx is DF 2014, the final 2012 version was 34.11.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 372