Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683146 times)

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4230 on: November 30, 2019, 07:40:17 pm »

Having yet another error which I cannot seem to figure out, and to think I had custom body parts all figured out.
Spoiler: Creature Error (click to show/hide)

and heres the actual body parts and the creature itself for reference.

Spoiler: Creature RAWs (click to show/hide)

and now the body parts.
Spoiler: Creature Body parts (click to show/hide)

Not exactly sure why its specifically the wing and tail spikes that don't seem to be connecting.
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods

CheeznWhine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: November 30, 2019, 08:50:08 pm »

[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK_FRONT_GRASP:NERG_SPIKES:WING_SPIKES:TAIL_SPIKES:2WINGS:2HEAD_HORN:WYVERN_TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_REG:4TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
   [TISSUE:BONE]

Try moving WING_SPIKES and TAIL_SPIKES to be behind 2WINGS and WYVERN_TAIL? ...that is a big tail you have there

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: November 30, 2019, 10:38:22 pm »

I like big tails and I cannot lie.

Will alcohol dependent creature have their alcohol needs satisfied by eating solidified alcohol?
You could try it and find out, no idea honestly.

Is there a way to influence the chance of multiple births in each pregnancy?
[MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] favors single births and [LITTERSIZE] only controls the minimum/maximum births and doesn't take any arguments for probability.

Those are really the only controls you have. I think littersize will tend towards the middle of the total range, so if you set it to like 1:30, the average/mean litter size would end up being 15. Maybe.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: November 30, 2019, 11:30:48 pm »

Try moving WING_SPIKES and TAIL_SPIKES to be behind 2WINGS

Thanks, that ended up fixing the problem. Didn't really think it mattered what order you put body parts in when it comes to actually calling them in a creatures RAWs. Thought it only applied to just the body RAWs themselves.

and WYVERN_TAIL? ...that is a big tail you have there
Yeah, that's supposed to be intentional since not only are default tails a bit too small but also I wanted them to be at least as big as their upper bodies. Hopefully the size it's currently set to isn't TOO much.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 11:40:28 pm by Abyssmo »
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: December 01, 2019, 03:44:01 am »

Thanks Eric
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

CheeznWhine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: December 01, 2019, 09:42:06 am »

Yw Abyssmo

I typed this out twice and refrained but you *could* emulate the breeding outcomes if you were willing to put up with side effects (like sadness at the loss of a child off the top of my head) by making POP_RATIO 0 for all but a single caste and giving that cast a syndrome.... I didn't type out my other two messages because this answer requires so many steps to achieve the effect you desire

Once you have the designated caste you can set [LITTERSIZE:100:100] and give that caste survivability to reflect the littersize median you desire (and a follow up syndrome to make them back into the breeding caste, leave off [MALE|FEMALE]) probably.

You could use existing syndromes to emulate just about any population ratios you wanted if you were gifted at math and extraordinarily patient but the supposed outcome median is not *according to notes in the raws** the outcome of [LITTERSIZE1:30] as the multiple birth rates are based on real world numbers :/ I would *guess* that means your litters will remain on the low end of the quantity spectrum

edit: I should not write before coffee
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 11:07:03 am by CheeznWhine »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4236 on: December 01, 2019, 05:45:38 pm »

Yeah, that's supposed to be intentional since not only are default tails a bit too small but also I wanted them to be at least as big as their upper bodies. Hopefully the size it's currently set to isn't TOO much.
You can change that with [RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL:number] in the creature itself, doesn't require a new body plan.
That token always go below things like HUMANOID_RELSIZES and the like by the way - it'd reset the changes if you put the RELSIZE token above the HUMANOID_RELSIZES detail plan.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: December 02, 2019, 04:02:28 pm »

Can OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE be added to a creature with DOES_NOT_EXIST and be played in adventure mode?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: December 02, 2019, 04:37:45 pm »

What are you trying to do? I don't know if that works, but a player-only race is definitely possible.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: December 02, 2019, 04:40:11 pm »

Can OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE be added to a creature with DOES_NOT_EXIST and be played in adventure mode?
The creatures that don't exist don't have anything except a name, a colour, a gender and a preferring. The bare minimum to get them engraved on walls. So, no.
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:GRIFFON]
[NAME:griffon:griffons:griffon]
[CREATURE_TILE:'G']
[COLOR:7:0:1]
[FANCIFUL]
[DOES_NOT_EXIST]
[PREFSTRING:strength]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[CASTE:MALE]

[MALE]
--
Edit
But, worth testing if you can add does_not_exist to a player race and see if it works in Adventurer.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 04:51:45 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: December 02, 2019, 04:49:36 pm »

What are you trying to do? I don't know if that works, but a player-only race is definitely possible.

The creatures that don't exist don't have anything except a name, a colour, a gender and a preferring. The bare minimum to get them engraved on walls.

I am planning on making a new creature (for every non intelligent creature in my mod) that COPY_TAGS from the non intelligent creature and adds CAN_LEARN, OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE and DOES_NOT_EXIST to it.

Basically an easy way to make all of my non intelligent creatures playable in adventure mode (and able to gain skills) without having these new creatures show up in the world. The alternative being to remove POPULATION_NUMBER, FREQUENCY, BIOME, etc.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: December 02, 2019, 05:22:45 pm »

No way to find out without testing, although you might be able to use your creature variations to remove BIOME tags and such if that doesn't work.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: December 02, 2019, 05:36:22 pm »

No way to find out without testing, although you might be able to use your creature variations to remove BIOME tags and such if that doesn't work.
Alright thanks. I'll test it out when I get to my computer. I just want to make sure I know it works before I make 50 of them lol

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: December 03, 2019, 06:11:04 am »

Will adding [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM] and [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:3] to a surface creature (like a deer) make it spawn both on the surface and in caverns underground or do underground creatures need their own creature raws? Has anyone successfully done this with a creature? I tried testing it, but it didn't seem to work. I csn do more controlled/extensive testing if I need to though.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #4244 on: December 03, 2019, 09:59:49 am »

Will adding [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM] and [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:3] to a surface creature (like a deer) make it spawn both on the surface and in caverns underground or do underground creatures need their own creature raws? Has anyone successfully done this with a creature? I tried testing it, but it didn't seem to work. I csn do more controlled/extensive testing if I need to though.

I imagine it still needs some surface biome defined - there shouldn't be subterranean chasms on the surface.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 372