Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683371 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3975 on: September 05, 2019, 02:11:36 pm »

They still should be hardcoded I think.
Also if you wanted them to actually spawn in worldgen I think they either need to have both male and female castes or have NO_GENDER - if they only have males or females then they dont seem to spawn. It may have been just a weird fluke but when I made the hags for my DD mod they didn't seem to spawn in worldgen until I added a male caste.

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: September 05, 2019, 02:12:25 pm »

Are the first two waves of migration no longer hardcoded?

I think they are, but (if I understand well) timed events can be erased.
Even if you can't remove the first two waves from appearing, you could run a script in loop (in the same way of emigration.lua) that looks for active units of "knockers", and kills them. You will still receiving the announcement of "Some migrants have arrived", but it will have no impact on your playthrough.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3977 on: September 05, 2019, 02:28:25 pm »

Sounds like everything is as I remember. Two hardcoded migrant waves, no way to get a male/female civ to die; unless the orientation idea works.

I'd really prefer to keep males and/or females in the race, I wouldn't want "it" in the unit descriptions.

Killing/transforming units in fort mode is too unclean, not something I would end up using.

Edit: found this little information:
I removed all animals from my civ. Aside from not getting a caravan from my home civ ( which was the end goal) I wasn’t getting any other migrants after the second wave. Home civ was definitely not dead or struggling.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 02:30:56 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3978 on: September 05, 2019, 02:38:39 pm »

Orientation changes would most likely work I think - I've more or less set up every race to have "heterosexual, will marry" as their orientations and it at the very least helps with gaining population to begin with or regaining lost population after worldgen wars - so I would assume it'd work the other way as well if you went with the "entire/vast majority of race is asexual/homosexual".

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: September 05, 2019, 07:08:17 pm »

After thinking about that for my own idea, I had the thought of deactivating the [CHILD] until game start, when the DFHack system then permanently adds it back to the raws. I don't think the script exists yet but it shouldn't be difficult.
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: September 07, 2019, 03:12:32 am »

Sapient creatures cannot be milked. But can be sheared. Can creature have shearable milk?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3981 on: September 07, 2019, 06:27:22 am »

Sapient creatures cannot be milked. But can be sheared. Can creature have shearable milk?
A: I love that question.
B: No, but you can make a custom reaction that uses the sheared hair and a bucket to fill it with milk.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: September 07, 2019, 08:06:53 am »

A: I love that question.
B: No, but you can make a custom reaction that uses the sheared hair and a bucket to fill it with milk.
No other way?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: September 07, 2019, 04:12:35 pm »

An on-self only cleaning interaction that makes them unintelligent for a week or so once every six months or something. The remove intelligence tag should only last couple weeks or whatever time frame will be necessary, but a second attached component like a small attribute bonus can be added that lasts the full six or so months. If the interaction has cannot_target_if_already_affected, then they won't be eligible again until the longer syndrome effect times out. This way they can be occasionally milked, but spend most of their time working as normal. Not sure if there would be any other side effects to this. They'll probably cancel, but not suspend, any job they were working on whenever they used the interaction on themselves.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:14:28 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: September 08, 2019, 12:41:57 am »

An on-self only cleaning interaction that makes them unintelligent for a week or so once every six months or something. The remove intelligence tag should only last couple weeks or whatever time frame will be necessary, but a second attached component like a small attribute bonus can be added that lasts the full six or so months. If the interaction has cannot_target_if_already_affected, then they won't be eligible again until the longer syndrome effect times out. This way they can be occasionally milked, but spend most of their time working as normal. Not sure if there would be any other side effects to this. They'll probably cancel, but not suspend, any job they were working on whenever they used the interaction on themselves.
What about skills?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: September 08, 2019, 10:24:20 am »

They'll develop skills normally except when under the influence of the intelligence removing interaction. Not sure what else you could mean regarding skills here...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: September 08, 2019, 01:51:50 pm »

They'll develop skills normally except when under the influence of the intelligence removing interaction. Not sure what else you could mean regarding skills here...
After unintelligence period they have skills from period before interaction?

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: September 09, 2019, 08:00:33 pm »

After unintelligence period they have skills from period before interaction?
Murders have been using transformation as a regeneration mechanism for years without inherent trouble. If you're really worried about them suffering from mundane skill loss over short term regeneration give them [SKILL_RATES:100:NONE:NONE:NONE], which will also have the side effect of making it impossible for them to lose skills at all.
Back on the topic of self destructing entities, are carnivorism tags still bugged where having them makes a civilization starve to death?
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: September 09, 2019, 08:02:01 pm »

Yes. They don't lose skills (except to rust counter, but a couple weeks of rust is nothing) they just won't gain skills. Transformations won't be necessary I think, just a syndrome removing can_learn and can_speak for a month should work fine

P.S haven't murdered anybody using this method so far
I make Spellcrafts!

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: September 09, 2019, 09:36:31 pm »

Yes. They don't lose skills (except to rust counter, but a couple weeks of rust is nothing) they just won't gain skills. Transformations won't be necessary I think, just a syndrome removing can_learn and can_speak for a month should work fine

P.S haven't murdered anybody using this method so far
Add an interaction that transforms people into a modified blood man with a temperature higher than blood's boiling point. You can now murder people by transforming them.
pug
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 372