Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 685482 times)

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3675 on: June 04, 2019, 01:42:38 pm »

Yup, that should do it.

:'(

Oi, I was talking specifically about the POP_RATIO tags for the purposes of them working. Not the actual end ratio.  :(

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: June 04, 2019, 01:49:38 pm »

No, not at all, demons aren't a selectable (at all typically) demons are by default the leaders of the dark fortress sites irregardless of what you put in, which can be overwritten and edited by a [POSITION:MONARCH] role in the civ to give you a little bit of control over them.

It wouldn't make a difference to use population weight until the demon is dead from the remaining population to find a successor. Without demons in worldgen (number of demons can be edited though they are in fortress mode innumerable wilderness populations) dark sites and the underworld won't generate.

That's also a improper use of creature ratio for application.

Code: ("example creature code") [Select]
creature file .txt
creature standard.txt

[CREATURE:DWARF]

[CASTE:MALE]
[POP_RATIO:498]

[CASTE:FEMALE]

[CASTE:UGLY_MALE]
[POP_RATIO:2] <- it adds up but for equal % they shouldn't be uneven, if this was cleanly 1/2 chance it would be 500 and 500

Code: ("example position code") [Select]
[POSITION:MONARCH] // if a dark site like i said, it will always start with a demon but someone can be the successor if the civ dies in a format like the below tag.
[ALLOWED_CREATURE:DWARF:FEMALE] // <-example, creature (mandatory for this token) and caste (optional)

I had no idea you were using it for that purpose from the outset of your original question.

Yup, that should do it.

:'(

Thanks. It doesnt have to an actual in game demon. I can just use "demon" in the description... but if a demon is already automatically in charge of a dark fortress I dont know if it matters much. I could just let the game assign a demon then

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: June 04, 2019, 02:19:49 pm »

If add to gremlin or other sapient creature hunts_vermin, will it works?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: June 04, 2019, 02:41:54 pm »

As far as im aware it will not work, you will have to try it personally because they will be more concerned doing intelligent sentient things like drinking in the tavern or praying.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: June 04, 2019, 03:06:02 pm »

As far as im aware it will not work, you will have to try it personally because they will be more concerned doing intelligent sentient things like drinking in the tavern or praying.
Will creatures with gobble_vermin really eat them or just kill like normal hunts_vermin? Can these creatures eat remains?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: June 04, 2019, 06:10:19 pm »

If creature attack have skill MINING, will creature mine without digger (pick)?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: June 04, 2019, 07:21:56 pm »

No, and in fact skill has nothing to do with whether mining is possible, only the DIGGER token in the entity.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: June 04, 2019, 08:34:44 pm »

So, using this as an example:

Code: [Select]

[DESCRIPTION:A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.]
[NAME:dwarf:dwarves:dwarven]
[CASTE_NAME:dwarf:dwarves:dwarven]
[CREATURE_TILE:d][COLOR:3:0:0]

[BODY_SIZE:0:0:3000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:15000]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:60000]

[POP_RATIO:2]

[DESCRIPTION:An ugly dwarf.]
[NAME:ugly dwarf:ugly dwarves:ugly dwarven]
[CASTE_NAME:ugly dwarf:ugly dwarves:ugly dwarven]
[CREATURE_TILE:U][COLOR:4:0:0]

[BODY_SIZE:0:0:100000000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:230000000]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:9000000000]

Will this work? Will tags in a caste replace the general creature tags or do I have to convert the tags somehow?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: June 05, 2019, 02:04:01 am »

So, using this as an example:

Code: [Select]

[DESCRIPTION:A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.]
[NAME:dwarf:dwarves:dwarven]
[CASTE_NAME:dwarf:dwarves:dwarven]
[CREATURE_TILE:d][COLOR:3:0:0]

[BODY_SIZE:0:0:3000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:15000]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:60000]

[POP_RATIO:2]

[DESCRIPTION:An ugly dwarf.]
[NAME:ugly dwarf:ugly dwarves:ugly dwarven]
[CASTE_NAME:ugly dwarf:ugly dwarves:ugly dwarven]
[CREATURE_TILE:U][COLOR:4:0:0]

[BODY_SIZE:0:0:100000000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:230000000]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:9000000000]

Will this work? Will tags in a caste replace the general creature tags or do I have to convert the tags somehow?

Roughly yeah, but at the caste level it partially overwrites the original creature for deviations (with some notable boundaries like you can't set mega beasts within a caste etc), normal examples involve geldables on male creatures and how female cows/sheep do not have additional horn BP's & milk
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:06:01 am by FantasticDorf »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: June 05, 2019, 06:16:58 am »

Thanks. Based on the horn example it sounds like I can change the body detail plan and add wings to a caste as well?

Edit: what about physical attributes and natural skills?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 06:42:13 am by brolol.404 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: June 05, 2019, 03:28:03 pm »

Individual castes can have all these things, yes.

Keep in mind if you add wings and the creature can fly, that could turn into a huge problem, if it's a sapient or playable race, because pathing for flyers isn't properly implemented and only works for meandering animals. So a sapient flier trying to reach a specific destination for a job or something could end up stuck hovering in the air, and in fortress mode will need stairs built next to it to figure out how to get back to the ground.

Your adventurer when starting a game, also won't inherit natural skills granted their race/caste, consider using improved skill learn rates instead or in addition to natural skills, which will allow an adventurer to quickly acquire skills they're supposed to have an advantage in.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 03:30:15 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Emperor Sheev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: June 05, 2019, 06:02:05 pm »

I've started to mod in genies, and the current idea (stolen from the Mythical Monsters Mod's leprechauns) is to attach a syndrome to the magic lamp creature's blood that turns it into a genie. However, it doesn't bleed, and I don't really want to go through the work of adding an interior tissue if I don't have to. Here are the raws:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: June 05, 2019, 06:43:37 pm »

Individual castes can have all these things, yes.

Keep in mind if you add wings and the creature can fly, that could turn into a huge problem, if it's a sapient or playable race, because pathing for flyers isn't properly implemented and only works for meandering animals. So a sapient flier trying to reach a specific destination for a job or something could end up stuck hovering in the air, and in fortress mode will need stairs built next to it to figure out how to get back to the ground.

Your adventurer when starting a game, also won't inherit natural skills granted their race/caste, consider using improved skill learn rates instead or in addition to natural skills, which will allow an adventurer to quickly acquire skills they're supposed to have an advantage in.

Thanks this is really useful. I'm not sure my mod will allow for players to use the race so I'm not sure flying matter though

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: June 05, 2019, 06:48:31 pm »

I've started to mod in genies, and the current idea (stolen from the Mythical Monsters Mod's leprechauns) is to attach a syndrome to the magic lamp creature's blood that turns it into a genie. However, it doesn't bleed, and I don't really want to go through the work of adding an interior tissue if I don't have to. Here are the raws:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Very cool idea. I would just give it an "attack" though as a can do interaction. Also I dont think you need can learn if you have intelligent

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: June 05, 2019, 07:23:40 pm »

Very cool idea. I would just give it an "attack" though as a can do interaction. Also I dont think you need can learn if you have intelligent

According to the wiki, INTELLIGENT implies both CAN_LEARN and CAN_SPEAK. So yeah, you don't need both.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 372