Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 685504 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3660 on: June 03, 2019, 04:32:50 pm »

Can a megabeast without a biome be assigned to an entity with the ANIMAL tag and show up in raids and such? If this creature is also given the POWER tag will it become the civilizations leader?

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: June 03, 2019, 04:46:28 pm »

The intended leader creature will require at least CAN_SPEAK in order to make use of its POWER token, but I'm not sure what sort of effects it'll have if it's defined in an ANIMAL token for its intended civilization. Though if it lacks a BIOME token it may not spawn at all. Though the game may be able to force spawn them if the entity they're intended to rule has them required via ALLOWED_CLASS or ALLOWED_CREATURE for the ruler position. Sounds like something to test.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:51:02 pm by EternalCaveDragon »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: June 03, 2019, 04:50:18 pm »

How make reaction of make bone porridge and vermin bread? I want remake habits for civs and make remains useful.

You can only really "pretend" to make food out of bones and vermin using the ways we already have of perhaps making a foodstuff in a reaction , 'habits' (the coded nightbeast behaviours) can't be picked up by civilized people as they are megabeast/night-creature lair only activities.
I will just pretend. So how make this reactions?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: June 03, 2019, 05:47:21 pm »

The intended leader creature will require at least CAN_SPEAK in order to make use of its POWER token, but I'm not sure what sort of effects it'll have if it's defined in an ANIMAL token for its intended civilization. Though if it lacks a BIOME token it may not spawn at all. Though the game may be able to force spawn them if the entity they're intended to rule has them required via ALLOWED_CLASS or ALLOWED_CREATURE for the ruler position. Sounds like something to test.

I could give it an underground biome but I would prefer if it only took rulership in my entity. The wiki says that ALLOWED_CREATURE only works with a caste of the entity's current race. So does that mean that it wouldnt work for a megabeast in an ANIMAL tag? I will try the ALLOWED_CLASS though and see what happens. Can I see if it works using legends?

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: June 03, 2019, 06:03:41 pm »

I could give it an underground biome but I would prefer if it only took rulership in my entity. The wiki says that ALLOWED_CREATURE only works with a caste of the entity's current race. So does that mean that it wouldnt work for a megabeast in an ANIMAL tag? I will try the ALLOWED_CLASS though and see what happens. Can I see if it works using legends?

Should work as far as the creature class goes provided you give the intended megabeast the required creature class. However, the wiki says an underground biome will not work with the megabeast token. And I have no idea how it interacts with the ANIMAL token.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: June 03, 2019, 06:18:12 pm »

[ANIMAL] definition by token, [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT] and it will work. Just not make this creature megabests, they can eat they own army, use only POWER.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: June 03, 2019, 07:48:50 pm »

Does setting ETHIC:TREASON to JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON allow entity members to kill vampire nobles?
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: June 04, 2019, 05:43:25 am »

I want it to be a megabeast so that the creature is unique or very rare.

Edit: is there another way to make a creature extremely rare or unique when it belongs to a civ using the animal tag?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 06:34:59 am by brolol.404 »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: June 04, 2019, 07:32:32 am »

Edit: is there another way to make a creature extremely rare or unique when it belongs to a civ using the animal tag?

Pop ratio on the caste level of the creature can do that for you, by making that caste especially rarer than most, though positions will typically generate one example for purpose if its in the allowed category. EI someone did a warhammer fantasy lizardpeople mod out there and put a exceptionally rare caste 'Slann' (big toad creature) in as a leader.

Requires at least to be the same token species and caste derived as the creature currently selected as being part of the civ.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: June 04, 2019, 08:49:00 am »

Pop ratio on the caste level of the creature can do that for you, by making that caste especially rarer than most, though positions will typically generate one example for purpose if its in the allowed category. EI someone did a warhammer fantasy lizardpeople mod out there and put a exceptionally rare caste 'Slann' (big toad creature) in as a leader.

Requires at least to be the same token species and caste derived as the creature currently selected as being part of the civ.

So would a [POP_RATIO:1] make 1% of the creatures that caste? I will try this and give it the POWER, SHPERE and FANCIFUL tags along with the ALLOWED_CREATURE. my plan is to give the civ a demon overlord

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: June 04, 2019, 08:59:19 am »

So would a [POP_RATIO:1] make 1% of the creatures that caste? I will try this and give it the POWER, SHPERE and FANCIFUL tags along with the ALLOWED_CREATURE. my plan is to give the civ a demon overlord

The 1 will work, but will only work the way you want it to if all of the other castes of the creature have their POP_RATIO set to a high number. So that for every one of the creature you want, you'll have such and such number of the other castes.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: June 04, 2019, 11:17:17 am »

The 1 will work, but will only work the way you want it to if all of the other castes of the creature have their POP_RATIO set to a high number. So that for every one of the creature you want, you'll have such and such number of the other castes.

So I need to do:

[CASTE:MALE]
[POP_RATIO:500]

[CASTE:FEMALE]
[POP_RATIO:500]

[CASTE:DEMON]
[POP_RATIO:1]

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: June 04, 2019, 12:42:10 pm »

Yup, that should do it.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: June 04, 2019, 12:48:33 pm »

No, not at all, demons aren't a selectable (at all typically) demons are by default the leaders of the dark fortress sites irregardless of what you put in, which can be overwritten and edited by a [POSITION:MONARCH] role in the civ to give you a little bit of control over them.

It wouldn't make a difference to use population weight until the demon is dead from the remaining population to find a successor. Without demons in worldgen (number of demons can be edited though they are in fortress mode innumerable wilderness populations) dark sites and the underworld won't generate.

That's also a improper use of creature ratio for application.

Code: ("example creature code") [Select]
creature file .txt
creature standard.txt

[CREATURE:DWARF]

[CASTE:MALE]
[POP_RATIO:498]

[CASTE:FEMALE]
[POP_RATIO:498]

[CASTE:UGLY_MALE]
[POP_RATIO:2] <- it adds up but for equal % they shouldn't be uneven, if this was cleanly 1/2 chance it would be 500 and 500

Code: ("example position code") [Select]
[POSITION:MONARCH] // if a dark site like i said, it will always start with a demon but someone can be the successor if the civ dies in a format like the below tag.
[ALLOWED_CREATURE:DWARF:FEMALE] // <-example, creature (mandatory for this token) and caste (optional)

I had no idea you were using it for that purpose from the outset of your original question.

Yup, that should do it.

:'(
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 12:56:32 pm by FantasticDorf »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: June 04, 2019, 01:30:39 pm »

If add to gremlin or other sapient creature hunts_vermin, will it works?
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 372