Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 685493 times)

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3645 on: June 02, 2019, 11:00:50 pm »

How can I attack with a TAIL_STINGER?

I tried copying the bite attack, but got the following error:

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_hordes_blood.txt"
hordes_BLOOD_RIPPER:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added

Spoiler: code (click to show/hide)

The error message is giving you a huge clue as to the problem:

"Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added"

It can't find the proper body parts, which means your attack definition line is calling out a bad combination of body parts.  Like Putnam suggested, base it off a punch or kick type attack, which have a much more simple structure.  Something like:

Code: [Select]
[ATTACK:STING:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL_STINGER]
should work. Then add the rest of your attack tags (skill, contact, flag_edge, inject_extract, etc).

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: June 03, 2019, 06:39:25 am »

Thanks I'll test it out

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: June 03, 2019, 06:41:02 am »

Why do kobolds have [ANIMAL_FORBIDDEN_CLASS:MAMMAL]? Would removing this do anything?

Edit: same question about [ANIMAL_NEVER_MOUNT]?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 06:56:04 am by brolol.404 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3648 on: June 03, 2019, 07:12:34 am »

IIRC it means they wont have pets with the POISONOUS creature class that also have the MAMMAL creature class. The latter means they wont use any of the pets as mounts, even if the creature normally does have a mount token.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: June 03, 2019, 07:30:58 am »

IIRC it means they wont have pets with the POISONOUS creature class that also have the MAMMAL creature class. The latter means they wont use any of the pets as mounts, even if the creature normally does have a mount token.

I guess what I am asking is: are there currently any creatures in game with the POISONOUS creature class and the MAMMAL creature class? Do any POISONOUS creature class creatures have the MOUNT tag? If not, I assume that removing these wouldn't do anything. And if that is the case, does anyone know why they are there?

I ask because I am thinking about removing them for a mod.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: June 03, 2019, 07:56:55 am »

I guess what I am asking is: are there currently any creatures in game with the POISONOUS creature class and the MAMMAL creature class? Do any POISONOUS creature class creatures have the MOUNT tag? If not, I assume that removing these wouldn't do anything. And if that is the case, does anyone know why they are there?

I ask because I am thinking about removing them for a mod.

You can remove them autonomously using creature variation templates for derived creatures like adder people etc which also have the POISONOUS class or add new ones in, you might still have to hunt down individual creatures in file though. I did a complete clean out of elves and this is what i got.

I had to go through my file and allocate [REPTILE] (doesn't exist on file) and [INSECT] (ditto to former) manually like i said, and good/evil classes were ones also of my own making to flesh out other civs but now elves only bring mammals as primary and reptiles as secondary creatures and im really happy with the result (apart from places i occasionally missed)

A more on-topic shorthand explanation since i realise i went a bit over the top is that you can per civ disable the use of a function like mount without removing it at the creature level with ANIMAL -> Arguement [CREATURE_CLASS] or [CREATURE_TOKEN:*animal*] -> [CREATURE_NEVER_MOUNT]

For my elf example, i could in theory have cave crocodiles, or surface alligators, but elves would never ride them because the civ ANIMAL tokens forbid them to.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 08:02:59 am by FantasticDorf »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: June 03, 2019, 08:55:59 am »

Why do kobolds have [ANIMAL_FORBIDDEN_CLASS:MAMMAL]? Would removing this do anything?

Edit: same question about [ANIMAL_NEVER_MOUNT]?
Kobolds are reptiles, they not understand milk and cannot tame mammal.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: June 03, 2019, 09:11:10 am »

I guess what I am asking is: are there currently any creatures in game with the POISONOUS creature class and the MAMMAL creature class? ...

IIRC, the only vanilla POISONOUS & MAMMAL creature is the platypus.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: June 03, 2019, 09:15:18 am »

If creature lay unusual eggs, it will breed?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: June 03, 2019, 10:11:41 am »

I will leave kobolds alone then so I dont get war platypus lol

So, if I understand correctly, you can modify and remove entity tokens from a creature variations using these?

[CVCT_MASTER:ANIMAL_CLASS]
[CVCT_TARGET:REPTILE]
[CVCT_REPLACEMENT

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: June 03, 2019, 11:49:12 am »

What if add more types of coins (platinum, lead)? What if make different coins for different civs (dwarves with aluminium and adamantine, elves with only wood coins, kobolds and/or animalmen with pearl, shell and ivory coins etc).

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: June 03, 2019, 01:17:07 pm »

What if make civ with forest retrat sites and underground biome? Will they live on undreground trees? Will this trees shaped like in elven site?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: June 03, 2019, 01:21:57 pm »

What if make civ with forest retrat sites and underground biome? Will they live on undreground trees? Will this trees shaped like in elven site?

There are no underground civilizations besides the tribals, and they do not live in real settlement. Underground places is a development goal for the future but not immediately any time soon.

They'll not spawn or/and cause a error because its not a real biome for the entity.txt
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 02:20:35 pm by FantasticDorf »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: June 03, 2019, 03:15:46 pm »

How make reaction of make bone porridge and vermin bread? I want remake habits for civs and make remains useful. 

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: June 03, 2019, 03:47:35 pm »

How make reaction of make bone porridge and vermin bread? I want remake habits for civs and make remains useful.

You can only really "pretend" to make food out of bones and vermin using the ways we already have of perhaps making a foodstuff in a reaction , 'habits' (the coded nightbeast behaviours) can't be picked up by civilized people as they are megabeast/night-creature lair only activities.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 372