Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 685805 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3075 on: January 25, 2018, 04:41:34 am »

This post has a full list of emotions from the string dump.

Also, I don't think stress vulnerability affects how likely they are to tantrum - makes them more likely to be catatonic though.

Another problem is with tears - they cry when they're happy as well. So if you add negative emotions to tears they'll get sad even if they're supposed to be happy.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:45:02 am by ZM5 »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3076 on: January 25, 2018, 07:04:51 am »

Another problem is with tears - they cry when they're happy as well. So if you add negative emotions to tears they'll get sad even if they're supposed to be happy.
post-happiness blues? brain overcorrecting after having "too much fun".
article
Might be good to add emotion stuff to blood.

Hmm... making alcohol cause acceptance,affection,gloom...  http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Emotion
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 07:08:15 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3077 on: January 25, 2018, 07:15:18 am »

This post has a full list of emotions from the string dump.

Also, I don't think stress vulnerability affects how likely they are to tantrum - makes them more likely to be catatonic though.

The intention would also be to offset happy thoughts so that the overall pervasive "interested in x" thoughts would be offset. Albeit, it'd be ugly since dwarves would feel glum with nothing to feel glum about.
There was a big problem I ran into, though. Apparently, glumness provokes tears, and dwarves do not run out of the stuff. This basically causes a slow continuous backslide of bad thoughts that I don't think can be fended off by good thoughts, by the looks. It still takes a REALLY long time, which gives me botheration just about the sheer scale of the stress system. Dwarves can bank way too much good vibes, and take way too much to tear down. There's no great feeling way to balance it, as it's extremely delicately placed between "will ultimately, eventually, go crazy, no matter what." and "never experiences and barely acknowledges pain." It doesn't help that it's heavily based on happiness and unhappiness from things falling off on scale, with that scale and just how strong a lot of thoughts are being almost completely enigmatic because the system isn't tested by normal live playing aside from "it doesn't work."
I do hope toad will consider some logarithmic scaling or something, like that one person mentioned. Perhaps some stress-level related cues too.
post-happiness blues? brain overcorrecting after having "too much fun".
article
Might be good to add emotion stuff to blood.

Hmm... making alcohol cause acceptance,affection,gloom...  http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Emotion
I've actually got some syndromes for blood, already, and pus too!
Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:being soaked in blood]
[SYN_IDENTIFIER:GROSSMAT]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:ANNOYANCE:SEV:75:PROB:100:START:10:PEAK:60:END:120:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:infectious spillage]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:100:400]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:DISGUST:SEV:25:PROB:100:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:gagging on pus]
[SYN_IDENTIFIER:GROSSDRINK]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:100:1000]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:MORTIFICATION:SEV:100:PROB:100:START:10:PEAK:120:END:480:DWF_STRETCH:4]
One for spit, too.
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:being spat on] Should work fine until toady implements drooling.
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:HUMILIATION:SEV:45:PROB:100:START:10:PEAK:40:END:380:DWF_STRETCH:4]

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3078 on: January 25, 2018, 10:04:08 pm »

Hmm.. I'll try in next 2x2-area fort the following:
do the syn identifiers need to be unique?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe an alcohol on contact embarrassment syndrome (spilled vodka or stepping in wine puddle)?
And remember to copy alcohol syndrome changes to both plant and creature alcohol.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 10:09:30 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3079 on: January 26, 2018, 02:41:15 am »

Quick warning, the tears based emotion will cause problems where dwarves seem to be eventually doomed to to be increasingly stressed until insanity no matter what, as tears cause strong emotions which cause more tears, and dwarves don't run out of tears. It will take a hecking long time, but it seems to constantly outrun any sane level of care, unfortunately.

I believe that the SYN_IDENTIFIER means that creatures can have set resilience to syndromes with a shared SYN_IDENTIFIER, as you can see between mead and plant alcohol.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: January 26, 2018, 02:47:22 am »

Quick warning, the tears based emotion will cause problems where dwarves seem to be eventually doomed to to be increasingly stressed until insanity no matter what, as tears cause strong emotions which cause more tears, and dwarves don't run out of tears. It will take a hecking long time, but it seems to constantly outrun any sane level of care, unfortunately.

So it's like playing DF pre-2014? Cool.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: February 03, 2018, 02:21:41 pm »

Does anyone know if it is possible to make dragons spawned at world gen even older? Generally I see birth dates in legends for dragons -100 to -250, but, is there any way to make these numbers say somewhere around the -600 mark?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #3082 on: February 03, 2018, 03:42:53 pm »

Does anyone know if it is possible to make dragons spawned at world gen even older? Generally I see birth dates in legends for dragons -100 to -250, but, is there any way to make these numbers say somewhere around the -600 mark?

make their CHILD age in the 600s, since megas are spawned as adults. the 100-250 ranges is because I think a dragon matures in 100 years

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: February 03, 2018, 05:42:27 pm »

They dont have a child token by default iirc
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: February 03, 2018, 06:23:28 pm »

They dont have a child token by default iirc

I've added it to their raws but it doesn't seem to affect anything, neither does frequency.

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: February 04, 2018, 02:18:08 am »

I'd like to know more about how creatures spawn. For example, I'm trying to make some beach creatures (sandpipers, coconut crabs, etc.) which live near the ocean but don't go in the water. If I set their biome to oceans, but they are not marked as aquatic, will they only spawn on the shorelines?

Also, is there any way to make it so a creature can drink salt water? It makes sense that for example a crab man on land would have to drink, but since it is a saltwater creature, it should be able to drink saltwater.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 04:53:15 am by Galap »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: February 04, 2018, 10:58:54 am »

That saltwater thing if ever added should be given to cats, since they are capable of it

Madde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: February 06, 2018, 02:06:59 am »

I made a custom dwarven civ based on the dwarf creature and dwarven entity. I didn't change much in how they behave, but for some reason the dwarven caravan never visits my fort if I'm playing the custom civ. I'm 100% sure I'm not at war with them, so what could be the cause?

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: February 06, 2018, 03:05:08 am »

Does anyone know a way to make a certain caste of a species not able to be turned into a vampire? i know werebeasts cant, but i have no idea how to do that with a custom creature

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: February 06, 2018, 03:18:12 am »

I made a custom dwarven civ based on the dwarf creature and dwarven entity. I didn't change much in how they behave, but for some reason the dwarven caravan never visits my fort if I'm playing the custom civ. I'm 100% sure I'm not at war with them, so what could be the cause?

You might have to export/import significantly more stuff and grow your fort population more. Dwarves only trade with foreign sites if theyre already big on the market.

Does anyone know a way to make a certain caste of a species not able to be turned into a vampire? i know werebeasts cant, but i have no idea how to do that with a custom creature

You could make a custom vampire interaction that specifically forbids the caste/creature class of the caste. The generated vampire interaction only checks that theyre intelligent and not a werebeast or vampire already iirc, so theres not much else going on that could disqualify your caste besides making them unintelligent or ensuring they have another syndrome with the vampire or werebeast synclasses
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 372