Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686185 times)

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2865 on: September 02, 2017, 10:12:58 pm »

I'm trying to understand wild animal populations better. First thing, is dfhacks region-pops accurate? I set a number of test creatures to have [POPULATION_NUMBER:1000:1000] but dfhack was giving numbers closer to 60 depending on embark chosen. Although all the test animals showed the exact same number with no variation.

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: September 03, 2017, 04:44:02 pm »

Using [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:] with a creature made of standard materials does not work and I don't know why. If anyone here knows why I'd appreciate it. I'll also post the coding if it's not a simple fix.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: September 03, 2017, 05:07:50 pm »

You haven't given nearly enough info to tell. Just post the GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER token in question at first.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2868 on: September 05, 2017, 02:20:38 pm »

Coming across a weird issue.
This started showing up in my errorlog
Code: [Select]
undefined local creature material set to default: GILA_MONSTER_MAN PARCHMENT
undefined local creature material set to default: GILA_MONSTER_MAN LEATHER
after a round of vermin creatures I did. It went away after I removed the lines that removed leather and parchment from gila monsters but I find the fact this appeared at all to be odd.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: September 05, 2017, 06:29:34 pm »

Parchment and leather are both referenced in the SKIN mat, so you probably need to remove that too i think

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: September 05, 2017, 06:32:20 pm »

Thats what i was thinking too. Probably added skin mat somehow. Did you change any of the body detail plans they use?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2871 on: September 06, 2017, 05:13:32 am »

The thing that's bugging me about this is that I didn't change the default materials or body detail plans - I also didn't touch the gila monster raws at all, that error just appeared in my errorlog when I was running an arena test to see if anything would show up after I added some new vermin.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: September 06, 2017, 05:04:27 pm »

Question: is there currently any way to control which sites your entities construct: for example, is there a way to make a CAVE_DETAILED-based race live JUST in hillocks and never make fortresses? Because I think that would be ideal for the halfling civ that I'm working on.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 05:06:01 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: September 06, 2017, 05:56:42 pm »

fortress building and hillock building are two different tags
if you don't want them to build fortresses don't give them cave detailed
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: September 06, 2017, 06:42:06 pm »

Actually, just don't give them an affinity for mountains seems to do the trick. I've been trying to solve the opposite problem: some of my civs weren't building fortress (and more specifically, the tunnels that connect them which is what I was really after). It seems fortresses only get built on mountain edges? Even after removing any [SETTLEMENT_BIOME:X] tags, my plains dwelling cave detailed civs just wouldn't build additional fortresses after their first default one, just endless hillocks. If they build a second fortress in an area that isn't a mountain edge, I'd love to know how to get that to happen.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: September 06, 2017, 06:51:38 pm »

Alright, thanks.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: September 06, 2017, 10:17:00 pm »

You should update the wiki with whatever the hillocks tag is. Cave_Detailed produces fortresses and hillocks (with settlement_biome). Great to know there's another tag that only builds hillocks. What is it, by the way?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:18:52 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Hetsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: September 08, 2017, 05:12:51 pm »

I've rearranged the default humanoid body to be:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For some reason, trousers and leggings do not cover the thighs, but they do cover the shins. However, a shirt covers both the upper and lower arms, as well as the thighs for some reason. Is there something I missed in the definitions or is that standard behavior? If it matters, I can also start a grapple by grabbing with the thighs, which I found odd.

Apparently, STANCE parts only like being directly connected to LIMB parts, even though GRASP parts aren't affected by intervening non-LIMB parts. After reattaching the LIMBS without the JOINTS in between, everything is normal. Presumably, any LIMB part that isn't directly connected though LIMB parts to a STANCE part is assumed to be connected to a GRASP part.

FakeGamerCrow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: September 09, 2017, 04:29:34 am »

Hi!

I've been working on a mod based on the awesome Plump Helmet man Overgrowth mod.
I really wanted little mushroom friends for my fortress but I wanted them a little less murdery.
As I learn more from reading the wikis and stuff I wanted to make more changes and it spiraled into its own thing completely.

Currently I'm stuck and I'm not sure how to get myself out.
I seem to be having problems with my body plans, the Friendly Shrooms show up as having coloured teeth in their description. and the Greasy Shrooms are using the wrong material type for their harvestable material.
I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me some suggestions or advice.

Here are all the files that are part of it, some of it is stolen borrowed straight from the PHM mod V__V

Object:Creature
https://pastebin.com/2eMt1AHW

Interactions
https://pastebin.com/2ExaMiBc

Plant Materials
https://pastebin.com/YWhp7QJW

mradam5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: September 09, 2017, 11:44:26 am »

So i have a creature that is weak but they attack in a large cluster if i slap a [MEGABEAST] tag on it will it attack fortress as a horde
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 372