Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686180 times)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2850 on: August 24, 2017, 11:27:22 am »

How to inflict syndromes at a range using an interaction? I want to make a spell that makes every bodpart to explode into gore (or maybe only the head, neck, upper body and lower body for my glass cannon-ish cat god character.
Interaction on the creature:
Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
  [CDI:ADV_NAME:Breath custom material]
  [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
  [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
  [CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:CUSTOMMATERIAL:LIQUID_GLOB]
  [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
  [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
  [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
  [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:50]
Create a new material, give it a new syndrome that acts on contact and then get creative with the CE_ tokens. There isn't an explode one but you can do bleeding, blistering, pain, swelling, loss of function, etc... to achieve a similarly traumatic effect.
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: August 24, 2017, 03:42:06 pm »

Or you could make an all-new interaction that works at range using the example of necromancy or mummy curses

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #2852 on: August 24, 2017, 06:43:48 pm »

Is there a way for me to remove a tag using DFhack?
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: August 24, 2017, 11:02:59 pm »

Is it possible to have a caste have the innate ability to transform? I'm thinking of adding a caste to the Icedwellers of Culture Shock that can transform at will into "were ice wolves."

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #2854 on: August 25, 2017, 01:31:52 am »

Is it possible to have a caste have the innate ability to transform? I'm thinking of adding a caste to the Icedwellers of Culture Shock that can transform at will into "were ice wolves."
Create an interaction with SELF_ONLY as the target, then attach a syndrome to it and use CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION. The wiki explains both of these on the interaction and syndrome pages respectively. 
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: August 27, 2017, 08:09:13 am »

Legends Mode is calling some (but not all) of my tribal animal people (site building, animal-person variant) "nothing". As in "Kulber: Female nothing" > "Kulber was a nothing, she was one of the first of her kind". If I export, Legends Viewer is able to read her correctly "Kulber was a female tribal bear person".
There doesn't seem to be a pattern. Other tribal female bear people, including ones from the same civ, living in the same site read just fine in Legends Mode. Happens throughout my animal-person based tribes which read a variation template but not to any other tribes (or general civs). Nothing in the errorlog.
Any idea what's up?

Tribal Creatures:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Variant template:
Entity (bear people):

--edit
The third caste all seem to work OK too. It only happens to normal male and female tribal animal people.
Following up on this question. I've a bit more Science to add, but perhaps nothing useful.

First of all, it seems that this isn't just a Legends issue as my tribal villages are also full of 'nothings' happily co-existing with regular members with no real pattern as to who becomes a 'nothing'.

One thing I tried was to rename the "Male" and "Female" castes as something different ("Male_Beast", "Female_Beast"). Didn't work, but now the exported data is acting slightly differently.

Legends Viewer can still read the creatures OK, but now it's dividing the tribe into 5 castes "Male", "Female", "Male_Beast", "Female_Beast" and "Wiseone" (even though castes named "Male" and "Female" don't exist anymore). Every creature that Legends Viewer reads as standard "Male" or "Female" caste appears as a 'nothing' in-game.

So, will throw this question out again. Anyone know what's going on here?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2856 on: August 27, 2017, 10:19:55 am »

I think I figured out why - since the variation is using tokens from the wolves, it probably reads their MALE and FEMALE castes as well (given how now you have 5 different castes in legends viewer and MALE and FEMALE are still there despite not being in the raws) - but by default wolf castes do not have CASTE_NAME tokens assigned to them, which is probably why they show up as nothings.

The game doesn't seem to add the default CASTE_NAME that's at the top of the wolf file cause it would probably cause conflicts with the animal man variation caste names.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: August 27, 2017, 04:09:19 pm »

I think I figured out why - since the variation is using tokens from the wolves, it probably reads their MALE and FEMALE castes as well (given how now you have 5 different castes in legends viewer and MALE and FEMALE are still there despite not being in the raws) - but by default wolf castes do not have CASTE_NAME tokens assigned to them, which is probably why they show up as nothings.

The game doesn't seem to add the default CASTE_NAME that's at the top of the wolf file cause it would probably cause conflicts with the animal man variation caste names.
Ah, that sounds reasonable. Will look into that and try and work out a way around it.

--edit
Since male and female castes are already defined in the animal file and not removed by the variations template, I just added the new caste to the variations template then changed the tribal-creature CASTE tags to SELECT_CASTE tags and removed male, female and geldables (as they're already in the original animal file).

No time to check thoroughly right now, but removing all that duplication appears to have eliminated nothings from my monkeymen.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 05:16:29 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: August 27, 2017, 05:48:57 pm »

Can I make a creature shoot three fireballs as an attack? Or just one?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2859 on: August 27, 2017, 06:27:59 pm »

Can I make a creature shoot three fireballs as an attack? Or just one?
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
      [CDI:ADV_NAME:Hurl fireball]
      [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
      [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
      [CDI:FLOW:FIREBALL]
      [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
      [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
      [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
      [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
From the fire imp raws - you can change [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1] to have any number you want - IIRC they'll always throw multiple fireballs if it allows for it, even if there's only one target (if there's multiple I believe they'll select different targets for each fireball).

I've got one question - how would I go about adding a "syndrome" to a drink that makes the creature who drinks it immune to certain interaction classes? Similarly to how interactions have the IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS token?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: August 30, 2017, 06:19:56 pm »

What is the easiest way to get a non-combat syndrome onto a creature that does not breathe? I want to do the whole workshop-drops-a-rock-that-imparts-an-inorganic-syndrome thing but if the creature does not breathe what then?

I could have it drop a liquid that evaporates, but I'd rather not have a puddle on the ground that can be exploited for multiple effects from one job.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: August 30, 2017, 08:07:16 pm »

What is the easiest way to get a non-combat syndrome onto a creature that does not breathe? I want to do the whole workshop-drops-a-rock-that-imparts-an-inorganic-syndrome thing but if the creature does not breathe what then?

I could have it drop a liquid that evaporates, but I'd rather not have a puddle on the ground that can be exploited for multiple effects from one job.

have the syndrome activate on contact, rather than halation
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: August 30, 2017, 08:13:44 pm »

I thought that wouldn't work? Why did I think that doesn't work? Of course that works.

Thanks for the slap on the back of my head, as it were.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: August 30, 2017, 08:17:00 pm »

I thought that wouldn't work? Why did I think that doesn't work? Of course that works.

[whacks llama in skull]
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: August 30, 2017, 08:49:36 pm »

[whacks llama in skull]

Spoiler: What have you done (click to show/hide)

For reals thanks for the help :3
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 372