Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686227 times)

Urist MCtimestopper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2790 on: August 07, 2017, 03:29:45 am »

Even that's not right. It's [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:a:b:START:0].

What you probably want is the creature token [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:a:b]

None of them seem to work sadly.
Just to be sure, i'll show the syndrome:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And attack with attached syndrome:
I think that the game doesn't sees "CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER" at all, since i was using the wrong tag "CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:3:1" instead of "CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:3:1" and error log had nothing regarding it, not even after i fixed the tag. Everything else in poison seem to work properly.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: August 07, 2017, 09:07:08 pm »

Well, general multiplier definitely works, grabbed a regular dorf and used launch > seven cursor-jumps and they explode/get mangled mid-landing, grabbed another dorf with a 1/500 multiplier and they just get bruised up.

Urist MCtimestopper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: August 08, 2017, 02:07:36 am »

Well, general multiplier definitely works, grabbed a regular dorf and used launch > seven cursor-jumps and they explode/get mangled mid-landing, grabbed another dorf with a 1/500 multiplier and they just get bruised up.

I don't know if it doesn't work for me, or it is something else.
Anyway, i suppose general force multiplier work pernamently, while i want 3x force after an succsessful attack with wearing off after some time.
Example. If you played Borderlands 2, you know about slag and eridium. If i recall correctly, slagged enemies take more damage from all non-slag damage types. I wan't to do something like that, exept now creature spread "slag effect" with its attacks, and it doesnt matter from what damage types you take damage, it always will be 3x times more that usual (until effect wears off).

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: August 08, 2017, 07:43:54 am »

What are the implications of allowing a race to be shearable?
I'm asking because I'm working on my Kobolds and trying to figure out if I should allow them to be shearable, or just mod down the fur growth rate.
If I'm playing as dwarves there's no reason to shear my kobolds because I can't do anything with the hair, and it'd only be a liability in forts where undeath is a risk
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: August 08, 2017, 01:05:07 pm »

What are the implications of allowing a race to be shearable?
I'm asking because I'm working on my Kobolds and trying to figure out if I should allow them to be shearable, or just mod down the fur growth rate.
If I'm playing as dwarves there's no reason to shear my kobolds because I can't do anything with the hair, and it'd only be a liability in forts where undeath is a risk

Someone made a mod where elves were shearable. It resulted in them being able to make wool from elves. Recommend you add [PET] or some such so you can embark with your newfound fuzzy wuzzies.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #2795 on: August 08, 2017, 05:29:21 pm »

Is there a way to extract the raw from an already generated creature?
I have a demon that i really want to study its properties and how it works and it's attack that i am REALLY interested in.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: August 08, 2017, 05:34:25 pm »

Is there a way to extract the raw from an already generated creature?
I have a demon that i really want to study its properties and how it works and it's attack that i am REALLY interested in.
here you go

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #2797 on: August 08, 2017, 10:54:26 pm »

Apologies (and thank you) but I don't know how to use it.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: August 09, 2017, 01:32:21 am »

Apologies (and thank you) but I don't know how to use it.

You ise it with DFHack, it's a lua script
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: August 09, 2017, 01:39:37 am »

Someone made a mod where elves were shearable. It resulted in them being able to make wool from elves. Recommend you add [PET] or some such so you can embark with your newfound fuzzy wuzzies.

I've made them [PET]s before, and it's definitely tempting to ensure they can be there 'gain from the start.
Honestly I'm also tempted to make Satyrs exotic pets and allow them to breed.
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

CaveSpider

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: August 10, 2017, 03:34:03 pm »

I'm new to DF, and to this forum (so forgive me if I screw something up) and have a lot of questions about modding.
I am trying to casually add more races to the game to enhance variety over large worlds. 3 major questions on this;
1. How does one get a civ to naturally spawn in the tundra? Specifically with city pref, no matter what I try nothing seems to work.
2. I'm using the Phoebus pack, and love it to bits - is there possibly a way I can get the raws to use a certian tile from the Phoebus tileset rather then just have creatures show as ASCII? It seems to work sometimes, but not work other times, and it has me rather confused. For example; I have a second race of humans, and they do use the human tile rather then ASCII tile, but they all show as corpses with different colours and no job-specific icons... It looks awful.
3. Any way to give a civ a custom site? Like, build a new type of site from scratch?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: August 10, 2017, 04:45:21 pm »

1. Should just have its start biome as one of the tundra biomes
2. raw/graphics is where all that is
3. no, not at all

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: August 11, 2017, 05:55:48 am »

I'm writing a custom race. I'm currently generating a bunch of worlds, inspecting their histories, and tweaking the raws. Right now the most obvious problem is that my entity really likes to party, to the point where their festivals are seriously cluttering up their history. Notably, only civilizations have this problem - groups of my race don't do any festivals at all.

Other entities (such as humans) occasionally hold festivals, but maybe once or twice for the entire 50 years that I am generating history. My race's festivals account for more than two-thirds of the entries in their histories. Another thing is that they don't start immediately; the civ I'm looking at right now held two festivals (in 1 and 8) and it suddenly became a problem in 29.

How do I fix this problem? I can find no raw tag anywhere that has anything to do with festivals, and the wiki seems to pretend that they don't exist. I can find no difference between humans and my entity that indicates their likelyhood to party, either.

Here is the download link for the world, if anyone wants to take a look. The Autonomous Nations is the first civ in the list that has this problem.

Additionally, there is a nameless, iconless, unopenable civ right on top of the list, but I'm not sure if that's a problem with my mod or vanilla DF.

Edit: I just noticed that all the events that have taken place after 29 up until the end of worldgen in 57 are part of the same festival. That is definitely a bug. It seems that some of the festivals just don't end.

Edit 2: Some of the civs have multiple unending festivals going on at the same time.

Edit 3: Found at least one dwarven civ that also has this problem - therefore it's probably not a problem with my mod, but most of the civs I've inspected don't suffer this problem, while most (but not all) of my custom civs do.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 06:26:05 am by latias1290 »
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: August 11, 2017, 09:17:39 am »

I'm writing a custom race. I'm currently generating a bunch of worlds, inspecting their histories, and tweaking the raws. Right now the most obvious problem is that my entity really likes to party, to the point where their festivals are seriously cluttering up their history. Notably, only civilizations have this problem - groups of my race don't do any festivals at all.

Other entities (such as humans) occasionally hold festivals, but maybe once or twice for the entire 50 years that I am generating history. My race's festivals account for more than two-thirds of the entries in their histories. Another thing is that they don't start immediately; the civ I'm looking at right now held two festivals (in 1 and 8) and it suddenly became a problem in 29.

How do I fix this problem? I can find no raw tag anywhere that has anything to do with festivals, and the wiki seems to pretend that they don't exist. I can find no difference between humans and my entity that indicates their likelyhood to party, either.

Here is the download link for the world, if anyone wants to take a look. The Autonomous Nations is the first civ in the list that has this problem.

Additionally, there is a nameless, iconless, unopenable civ right on top of the list, but I'm not sure if that's a problem with my mod or vanilla DF.

Edit: I just noticed that all the events that have taken place after 29 up until the end of worldgen in 57 are part of the same festival. That is definitely a bug. It seems that some of the festivals just don't end.

Edit 2: Some of the civs have multiple unending festivals going on at the same time.

Edit 3: Found at least one dwarven civ that also has this problem - therefore it's probably not a problem with my mod, but most of the civs I've inspected don't suffer this problem, while most (but not all) of my custom civs do.

This happens with me too. I've noticed it is mostly two different races in my worlds. (who knew that Orcs like to party?)
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Ralkesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: August 11, 2017, 11:06:54 pm »

Keep running into an issue with my custom race for the since 0.43.03 and still don't know what the cause is... When creatures die they leave a corpse eg: Urist McDeadDwarf's corpse where as mine leave Urist McDeadMousefolk's nail (same name regardless of severed body part) Urist McDeadMousefolk's Left hand nail. Which is bugging me, tried doing the whole [REMAINS] tag to force a rename... but nothing. Everything else is fine with the race other than super minor tweaking like keeping hair length short-average instead of extremely long.

Race mod is this one: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159684.0

Spoiler is Mousefolk Raws
A small mouse-like humanoid with a long tail, short silky fur and a twitching nose.  He has a preference for cheese and requires coffee to get through the working day.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 372