Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686378 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2685 on: June 11, 2017, 12:11:21 am »

Give them [NOFEAR], or [NATURAL_SKILL:DISCIPLINE:7]. The first version will make it so they never run, the second should just make them brave, but not always willing to die.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2686 on: June 11, 2017, 12:19:39 am »

I have an unrelated question, is their a good way to make a creature undergo metamorphosis as it ages?

If you we able to have them get the syndrome to be applied the moment they are born you could reliably have them do the progressive transformation through the desired upgrade castes over your predefined age milestones. However I forgot if self applying interactions trigger through worldgen, Fish Preferred suggested making their blood have the syndrome, but that would only work if it was SYN_CONTACT and even then something would have to make them bleed (unless recent changes make blood be actually in the creature, rather than a creature has X amount of blood and only bleed when wounded)

but being that as it may worldgen would always spawn starting civ members at random ages as adults, Making the timed transformations seem odd (unless world gen would have them give themselves the syndrome, I know curses and that do so perhaps interactions would work?) I'm just dusting my modding resources off and haven't gotten to any live testing with the newest version.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: June 11, 2017, 01:46:25 am »

I have an unrelated question, is their a good way to make a creature undergo metamorphosis as it ages?

If you we able to have them get the syndrome to be applied the moment they are born you could reliably have them do the progressive transformation through the desired upgrade castes over your predefined age milestones.

And you can't Worldgen ain't got syndromes much.

OluapPlayer

• Bay Watcher
  • In a time before time, I attacked me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: June 18, 2017, 01:43:19 pm »

I'm trying to make a creature who is covered in basalt, but has the interior of a normal animal. Like, imagine a dragon with stone scales, but normal fleshy and bone insides.

I've tried the following:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But it doesn't seem to work, by the testing I've done in the arena. Seems like it just results in the creature having no skin at all.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2689 on: June 18, 2017, 06:16:21 pm »

What do you mean "results in having no skin at all"? like errorlog states could not apply ROCK tissue? Or you don't see the difference in combat. Since the relative thickness is 1 PLUS body_detail_plans tend to also apply tissue thicknesses as well. I suggest making a custom BDP, or leave skin on, but then use the TISSUE_LAYER tag to roll your stone over the primary external extremities

Aurum System

• Bay Watcher
  • (Gai, and others) (They/Them collectively)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: June 28, 2017, 10:29:56 pm »

So If I made Elves playable, how would I get the grown tag on the items they produce, so trader's from they're own civ don't get upset. I want to avoid just changing they're ethics.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: June 30, 2017, 09:49:26 am »

I can't seem to find any information on either adding inbuilt skill levels to s creature or limiting a creatures maximum skill gain, are those possible?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: June 30, 2017, 10:34:24 am »

I can't seem to find any information on either adding inbuilt skill levels to s creature or limiting a creatures maximum skill gain, are those possible?
For inbuilt skills there's the NATURAL_SKILL token, as for skill gain/skill caps I'm personally not aware of anything like that.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: June 30, 2017, 11:34:31 am »

So If I made Elves playable, how would I get the grown tag on the items they produce, so trader's from they're own civ don't get upset. I want to avoid just changing they're ethics.

Hardcoded stuff
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: June 30, 2017, 12:38:36 pm »

Has anyone else tried adding a 4th leg joint to digitigrade races such as pretty much most of the sentient animal-folk?

I recently decided to add that 4th joint but haven't tested it all that much, doesn't seem to have much of an impact on body relsizes, can usually tell away if something's off by placing two of my Ischrotaurs in the arena and using the skilled one to strangle the other to death. If the amount of times to strangle one to death is longer or faster means I have changed something I didn't intend to change and it seems adding the 4th joint had surprisingly no impact to that, most likely because I managed to add that extra body part as an extra feature somehow, unless leg strength adds arm strength which is probably highly unlikely but who knows, game has pulled off stranger things.

I added that part between shin and ankle of both left and right leg and connected them along with their own joints and named the extra parts as lowest right/left leg anything more fancy sounding makes it harder to understand what is what and where, so yeah, that and making sure that the new parts are covered by armor by adding the extra leg part under lower leg category which still makes sense because it basically is. Merely curious if anyone else has tried that, haven't yet tested if armor covers it or not but I know it should cover it due to that category thingy, again I'm not sure yet what witchcraft awaits for it in-game.

In case someone is interested, here is the info from the new raw files I made/added but haven't put into active use just yet due to its unknown grey area:

And RCP:

Only tested them about a week or two ago and didn't notice anything gone wrong as I was able to run, jump and even attack/target the body part with another Ischrotaur.
Guess I'm just curious to know what effects it has or doesn't have and if it is incomplete or not.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 12:50:30 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Morps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: June 30, 2017, 02:49:58 pm »

"ASSORTED_GIANT_LOBSTER_CAVE:Unrecognized Creature Copy (Order is important!): LOBSTER_CAVE"

What does the log mean by this? I'm sure I got it right.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: June 30, 2017, 04:05:04 pm »

Uh, does your spacing look correctly like this?:

If not then I recommend copying the empty space from default raws and pasting it before the rest of the data that starts with [, have had many failures myself and sometimes because of having something in wrong order or not in a proper place aka how many spaces are there under what. Other than that I have no further idea except keep trying what is possible and what is not.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:10:31 pm by Droggarth »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: June 30, 2017, 04:09:40 pm »

Usually I try not to do this, but ignore the above post completely, whitespace simply does not matter except that there must be a linebreak after the first line, do what you think looks good.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: June 30, 2017, 04:13:29 pm »

..except that there must be a linebreak after the first line, do what you think looks good.

Aye, that's exactly what I meant, couldn't put it into words that well, that and my thoughts are luring me into the game today big time so I couldn't help myself from thinking about some modding issue, 'scuse me.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:16:36 pm by Droggarth »

Morps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: June 30, 2017, 05:52:16 pm »

Uh, does your spacing look correctly like this?:

If not then I recommend copying the empty space from default raws and pasting it before the rest of the data that starts with [, have had many failures myself and sometimes because of having something in wrong order or not in a proper place aka how many spaces are there under what. Other than that I have no further idea except keep trying what is possible and what is not.

I've made sure to double-check I did everything right by copying the giant crab's raws and inserting cave lobster details in it yet the error persists. I guess making a giant cave lobster is a lost cause?
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 372