Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683803 times)

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2100 on: August 17, 2016, 12:29:38 am »

If I want to put CAN_LEARN on a pet, is there any way to limit which skills it can show up with?

SLOW_LEARNER might help ya out, but I don't know if there's a way to specify what skills they can and can not have.

But I do know it'll stop the pet from being butchered. Just thought I'd warn ya in case you didn't know.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Meurlorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: August 17, 2016, 03:14:06 am »

I know it says that in the wiki but I always thought that depending on certain parameters it could be bypassed by other creatures or at the very least in adventure mode?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: August 17, 2016, 08:25:15 am »

It can be bypassed in adventure mode though in my experience you can't eat sentients meat

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: August 17, 2016, 11:02:38 am »

Where can I find more information about tweaking attacks on creatures? The creature tokens page is a bit vague.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: August 17, 2016, 02:05:53 pm »

If I want to put CAN_LEARN on a pet, is there any way to limit which skills it can show up with?

SLOW_LEARNER might help ya out, but I don't know if there's a way to specify what skills they can and can not have.

But I do know it'll stop the pet from being butchered. Just thought I'd warn ya in case you didn't know.
you can butcher sentient pets(whether or not they have SLOW_LEARNER), unless they couldn't be butchered even if they were non-sentient. however you can't use the butchered parts of sentient creatures(Pet or not).
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Meurlorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: August 17, 2016, 02:23:58 pm »

guys I have a question a simple one at that, everything I generate a adventurer's characteristic I always keep getting a variation of extremely wrinkled skin, do you guys know a fix for this another thing while playing adventure mode I stumbled a corpse goat, wondering if its a bug or theirs an actual corpse goat?

by the way im also going to start working on a sentient weapon mod
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 02:36:04 pm by Meurlorg »

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: August 17, 2016, 02:59:42 pm »

guys I have a question a simple one at that, everything I generate a adventurer's characteristic I always keep getting a variation of extremely wrinkled skin, do you guys know a fix for this another thing while playing adventure mode I stumbled a corpse goat, wondering if its a bug or theirs an actual corpse goat?

by the way im also going to start working on a sentient weapon mod

Go down to the part where the skin colors are clarified and get rid of these:
         [TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:WRINKLY:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
            [APP_MOD_RATE:1:YEARLY:0:100:30:0:NO_END]
            [APP_MOD_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
            [APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:0:0:0:1:25:50]
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Meurlorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: August 17, 2016, 03:30:00 pm »

i c alright then ill give it a look and thanks for the info

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: August 17, 2016, 06:26:23 pm »

Is there any way to get a creature to ingest something? I'm making a Pokemon mod and wanted to have a way to have the Pokemon eat items that will heal them without using boiling stone reactions.

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: August 17, 2016, 06:34:49 pm »

Is there any way to get a creature to ingest something? I'm making a Pokemon mod and wanted to have a way to have the Pokemon eat items that will heal them without using boiling stone reactions.

Unfortunately there is no known way to make an creature eat inorganic substances, at least from what I've seen while going down the creature tokens list on the wiki, though I might be wrong.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2110 on: August 19, 2016, 04:26:29 pm »

So, I'm trying to create a race of incorporeal humanoids composed out of energy held together by wrappings, and I've got several questions regarding this:
1. In terms of materials - is it possible to have a tissue that does normal damage, i.e bruising muscle or chipping bones, but which attacks also pass right through?
2. Related to the above - is it possible for a tissue to be selectively resistant to one type of damage but damagable with another? So for example, the "wrappings" material would be very easily damagable by edged attacks, but also immune to blunt ones?
3. How would I go about making an incorporeal creature like this killable without it being overly difficult or overly easy? My current solution is to add solid gem "organs" inside it's head and chest, but I'm not sure how exactly that'd work out.

Meurlorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: August 19, 2016, 07:38:56 pm »

I'm not too familiar with this but if I remember correctly when dwarfs die without a grave of sort they become ghosts so maybe if you can find the raws for it, they might help you.

With a little bit of ingenuity you might be able to make creatures eat inorganic material, what I mean by this is what ways can inorganic material be processed in the raws and if you can somehow merge it or alter it in some way to workaround a creature. For example I earlier tried to mod in sentient weapons but I learn that you cant recreate it with the usual route with equips and whatnot meaning I ended up making them into pet creatures that are weapon like hence a workaround plus I tried to give them qualities like noeat but thinking of making it some kind of bloodsucking creature etc.. in the future, and yeah giving the one in masterwork a look for inspiration.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 07:52:59 pm by Meurlorg »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: August 19, 2016, 08:19:32 pm »

ZM5: The only way a materials can be passed through ineffectually is if it doesn't exist. However, then it can't cause harm either.
You can define the wrappings as the only tissue/material aside from the organs. The game will treat it like the creature is a solid block of that material, though. Make it a very low-density one. Give the wrappings a good edge and make the creature's attack primarily by scratching; a low density material won't do much for punching.

To make a material weak to edged attacks and resistant to blunt attacks, you can use its material properties. The shearing values define resistance to being cut; a low shearing strain at break value would do it. A high compressive yield will probably help it resist blunt attacks. Not sure how or if tensile, torsion, and bending actually come into play anywhere. Bending might be important to resisting blunt attacks, i dunno.

If the creature doesn't bleed, doesn't breathe, and is immune to basic effects like stunning, nausea etc. it will be tough to debilitate. If the attempt to make it resistant to blunt attacks works, punching it or using things like maces won't hurt it too much. Blades will cut through it like butter, though. I imagine these guys are going to be fragile no matter what you do, really. If the wrapping material does resist damage reasonably well they might stand a chance, but so long as you can eventually slash their head, upper or lower body to bits you can beat them.

Meurlorg: Ghosts are a hardcoded thing, there isn't a raw tag that controls it AFAIK. Don't think you can make them eat anything inorganic either.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: August 19, 2016, 09:35:15 pm »

IMPACT for blunt, SHEAR for cutting. BENDING is for breaking in a joint lock, TENSILE for latched edge attack parts shaking, TORSION for latched blunt attack parts twisting (e.g. octopus tentacles), COMPRESSIVE for pinching.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: August 20, 2016, 01:34:34 am »

Oh. Thanks. :v
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 372