Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683682 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2025 on: August 09, 2016, 12:40:19 am »

CAN_LEARN is implied in INTELLIGENT and SLOW_LEARNER, so it's actually more common than it shows up in a text search.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: August 09, 2016, 01:10:05 am »

CAN_LEARN is implied in INTELLIGENT and SLOW_LEARNER, so it's actually more common than it shows up in a text search.

No, I meant-
If any of the creatures in my "From Scratch" mod have the CAN_LEARN tag, including in the form of INTELLIGENT, the game crashes upon spawning them.
I've moved them over to other games and they work fine, so it has something to do with there only being four creatures in the raws.

I was wondering if there are a good way to keep creatures from reproducing.
Might try to start on a DF lore-extension-y mod, and I'd like something like Armokian angels in a civ. But I'd rather have them be immortal and never reproduce, for funzies.

Also, I hate to bring this up again, but does anybody have any idea why creatures can't have the CAN_LEARN tag if there are only a few in the raws? Cause that's really holding back my "From scratch" mod.

I think you can add the [ORIENTATION] tags to the castes.
The reason why so little creatures use [CAN_LEARN] is to make it so that your dwarves can butcher those creatures.

Also, thanks, I hadn't thought of using orientation. I hope it works in worldgen.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: August 09, 2016, 01:32:35 am »

I was wondering if there are a good way to keep creatures from reproducing.
Might try to start on a DF lore-extension-y mod, and I'd like something like Armokian angels in a civ. But I'd rather have them be immortal and never reproduce, for funzies.

Also, I hate to bring this up again, but does anybody have any idea why creatures can't have the CAN_LEARN tag if there are only a few in the raws? Cause that's really holding back my "From scratch" mod.

I think you can add the [ORIENTATION] tags to the castes.
The reason why so little creatures use [CAN_LEARN] is to make it so that your dwarves can butcher those creatures.

Also, thanks, I hadn't thought of using orientation. I hope it works in worldgen.

You're welcome.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: August 09, 2016, 03:54:25 pm »

Also, is it possible to make a creature have a rough gemstone as a butchering item? Like butchering a giant lizard and getting a bunch of crystals from its gizzard- I've tried to make this in game, although each time I butchered it the game crashed.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 04:03:09 pm by Z49000 »

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: August 10, 2016, 12:01:28 pm »

Is there a way to apply an increased healing rate to an entire creature with one or two tokens?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: August 10, 2016, 12:54:48 pm »

The recuperation physical attribute affects healing rate.
   [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:RECUPERATION:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000]
That would give them the maximum possible recuperation attribute and thus healing rate from that attribute.

You can also do
[SELECT_TISSUE:ALL]
[TL_HEALING_RATE:1]
will modify the tissues directly and set them all to heal as quickly as possible (smaller is better for tissue healing rate, but iirc zero implies it cannot heal.)

Also, is it possible to make a creature have a rough gemstone as a butchering item? Like butchering a giant lizard and getting a bunch of crystals from its gizzard- I've tried to make this in game, although each time I butchered it the game crashed.

What have you been using? I just tried this:
   [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:GIZZARD]
      [EBO_ITEM:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:RUBY]

It works fine, and ANY_HARD_STONE is also accepted. it just gives you rough gemstones made of quartzite or granite or whatever.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:06:51 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: August 10, 2016, 01:29:10 pm »

What have you been using? I just tried this:
   [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:GIZZARD]
      [EBO_ITEM:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:RUBY]

It works fine, and ANY_HARD_STONE is also accepted. it just gives you rough gemstones made of quartzite or granite or whatever.
Thanks a lot!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2032 on: August 10, 2016, 03:17:20 pm »

Is it possible to include more than 1 type of item for creatures with the ITEMCORPSE token?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: August 10, 2016, 11:23:07 pm »

Some mods have me add lines to the /raw/objects/entity_default.txt.

Will the game function without problems if I add those lines to entity_default.txt, but I don't add the rest of the mod? I'm hoping it's just like defining /raw/graphics/ for creatures that don't exist in that it doesn't do anything at all.

I'm currently trying to test this, but I'd appreciate any insight.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: August 10, 2016, 11:28:04 pm »

if those lines are referring to reactions or items the mod uses, you'll have to add the appropriate files. Otherwise they won't do anything besides throw errors at your errorlog.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: August 10, 2016, 11:47:46 pm »

if those lines are referring to reactions or items the mod uses, you'll have to add the appropriate files. Otherwise they won't do anything besides throw errors at your errorlog.

Thank you. I've got about 10 items and about 400 Permitted_Reactions added to my entity_default.txt for mods that I don't have installed. Are you saying the only problem I'll have is that it will throw errors at my errorlog?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: August 11, 2016, 12:33:05 am »

As far as I'm aware, yes.
Probably wont cause a crash.
I make Spellcrafts!

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: August 11, 2016, 12:41:09 am »

Okay, so this is the second time this has come up.
Is it a bad thing to have all of the body parts in the castes?
Because I just tried to do that, and there was some tissue problem that made it sound like the creature didn't exist. It might be related to my using the bronze colossus bit to replace all of the creature with adamantine, but I'm not so sure.

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: August 11, 2016, 01:26:24 am »

Because I just tried to do that, and there was some tissue problem that made it sound like the creature didn't exist. It might be related to my using the bronze colossus bit to replace all of the creature with adamantine, but I'm not so sure.

No, I think. The antmen have their tissue layers defined in the [SELECT_CASTE:ALL] . Just make castes named for the material type that that caste uses. But I might be wrong.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: August 11, 2016, 10:54:34 am »

No, I think. The antmen have their tissue layers defined in the [SELECT_CASTE:ALL] . Just make castes named for the material type that that caste uses. But I might be wrong.

I didn't put the tissues in the castes, sorry if I made it sound that way. I put the body parts in the caste. Here, I'll just put up the creature-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The plan is to have a bunch of castes with various body types- Tentacle monstrosities, serpents, the sort.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 372