Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683697 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1980 on: July 31, 2016, 06:11:28 pm »

Are you getting any error messages?  Based on this line:
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
it looks like your creature is putting muscle where fat should go, bone where muscle should go, cartilage in place of bone, and nothing where cartilage should be.  Since there's no ARG5 given, DF will probably default to using the first tissue it can find in the creature definition, which is going to be skin.

What you want to do is something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(You can adjust the thicknesses as needed, maybe by adding an extra 5 to all the ARG3 tokens.

Then put this in your creature definition:
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:PINKY_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]

I know there's FAT in there, but it's not actually used anywhere in the body plan.  it's just there to make sure all the references are correct.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: July 31, 2016, 06:20:45 pm »

Is there a way to make a caste be female without giving it the ability to bear children? Having my ant women be referred to as an 'it' in-game is annoying.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: July 31, 2016, 06:29:20 pm »

Are you getting any error messages?  Based on this line:
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
it looks like your creature is putting muscle where fat should go, bone where muscle should go, cartilage in place of bone, and nothing where cartilage should be.  Since there's no ARG5 given, DF will probably default to using the first tissue it can find in the creature definition, which is going to be skin.

(You can adjust the thicknesses as needed, maybe by adding an extra 5 to all the ARG3 tokens.

Then put this in your creature definition:
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:PINKY_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]

I know there's FAT in there, but it's not actually used anywhere in the body plan.  it's just there to make sure all the references are correct.

I've had BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE thing for months on end now and I know for sure that bone is working as I've tested it multiple times with various amounts of resistance values including the default values meaning that if it was a mere mortal without the FAT layer then the bones would be still broken. Because I've actually tested this again and again when I was modding with multiple amounts of testing against giant creatures or creatures with my ischronite weapons. Though I have a much simplier workaround for fat already:

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:35:24 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: July 31, 2016, 06:35:46 pm »

Is there a way to make a caste be female without giving it the ability to bear children? Having my ant women be referred to as an 'it' in-game is annoying.

[ORIENTATION:MALE:5:95:0] should work.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: July 31, 2016, 06:44:42 pm »

Ow. I think I need a painkiller for the headache. Thanks but.. I can't make heads and tails of it.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: July 31, 2016, 06:57:13 pm »

[ORIENTATION:MALE:5:95:0] should work.
That is genius. Thanks!
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: July 31, 2016, 07:06:26 pm »

I'm still baffled by my missing tissues.  The errorlog seems to be implying that nearly every single tissue layer in my creature is invalid, but it doesn't say that any specific tissue is missing.  Arena testing shows that my creatures definitely have skin and fat, but they seem to have had muscle, bone, and cartilage replaced with synthetic skin.  It's difficult to tell, since it's so hard to hurt them at all, but joint locks just give me multiple "tearing the synthetic skin" messages.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: July 31, 2016, 07:11:29 pm »

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SYNTH_SKIN:SYNTH_FAT:
SYNTH_MUSCLE:SYNTH_BONE:SYNTH_CARTILAGE]

Should that line break be there?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: July 31, 2016, 07:17:11 pm »

Welp, I'm an idiot.  I assumed that was just my text editor auto-formatting the line because it was too long.  Thanks.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: July 31, 2016, 08:06:52 pm »

Welp, I'm an idiot.  I assumed that was just my text editor auto-formatting the line because it was too long.  Thanks.

Hehe, it's okay. We've all had this sort of stupid happen. It's why I'm OCD now about double or triple checking the darn spacing while modding something in. It's good to know that the tissues can actually work like that! Didn't know that before so, thank you.

I added my ZFAT to the super pinky but still. I'm curious about the relsizes and perhaps some explanation as it can get quite confusing.
Wonder if I define a specific body plan for the pinky with relsizes for everything, would it work in keeping arm and leg sizes, well.. not small?

Also, I still can't get the broad tag to show up, what are the values for LENGTH, HEIGHT and BROADNESS exactly so "he/she has incredible muscles stretched over a broad body" description shows up?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 09:31:25 pm by Droggarth »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: August 01, 2016, 12:10:55 am »

The muscles description I bet depends on the strength value, and muscle tissue does thicken on strength increase. For broadness, try a forced value of 110. Since height and length aren't mentioned in that string, force their values to be a flat 100.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: August 01, 2016, 12:40:05 am »

The muscles description I bet depends on the strength value, and muscle tissue does thicken on strength increase. For broadness, try a forced value of 110. Since height and length aren't mentioned in that string, force their values to be a flat 100.

I know the muscle thing. It's the broadness description in the body I can't seem to figure out, just tried the values with LENGTH and HEIGHT at 100 and BROADNESS at 110, nope. No broad tag.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: August 01, 2016, 12:46:02 am »

Just keep increasing the broadness until it pops up. Unless the APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE has been set otherwise, it should be somewhere between there and, iirc, 130.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: August 01, 2016, 12:51:42 am »

I once set it at something insane like 190 and even with this:

...nothing. :-\ I can only so far get small, average or large but no broadness in the description.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:53:22 am by Droggarth »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: August 01, 2016, 01:39:16 am »

Pretty sure there has to be variation in the number range. If it is just one number, then it would be the average.

Could also toss in the [APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:X:X:X:X:X:X] to specify when a description occurs.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 372