Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683976 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1695 on: April 05, 2016, 08:56:52 am »

If two civilizations have conflicting cultural values, are they more likely to declare war? Or are the values there for flavor for most part?
They are more likely to go to war, AFAIK - you can have wars declared over disputes about the worth of nature or anything else. Atleast, I recall seeing those types of conflicts pop up in legends in addition to ones based off of animal treatment or other ethics-influenced ones.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 05, 2016, 09:00:55 am »

Could anyone help me interpret what I've done wrong for this to appear in the errorlog?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't get it. Why are the colors not being added? Or the sting?
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 05, 2016, 09:46:38 am »

Hell if I'm spooling through the entire set of problems right now, but what happens if you declare the [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:TAIL_STING_VENOM_ATTACK] bit after the BODY token? Like, move it right past [FLIER] or something.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 05, 2016, 11:01:10 am »

if I give a interaction that makes my adventurer turn rabbits into dragons permanently, will the rabbit/dragon seek a lair and attack hamlets?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 05, 2016, 11:06:17 am »

Not unless the rabbit is a historical figure.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: April 05, 2016, 11:10:39 am »

how do I make it historical?(without killing)
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: April 05, 2016, 11:50:52 am »

What the.. it just now occurred to me that my minothar being is basically an altered-on-steroids Hell Knight monster from the original Doom games (they used to be partially hairless minotaurs and not Doom 3's abomination that has no flesh on mouth/jaw area).

Means I won't have to create a new creature if I wanna go on a hardcore hellish mayhem as a 'Hell Knight' because I've already unknowingly have a similar creature in it's place.
The only problem with that is that I have no idea still how to make goblins and demons friendly and every other civ hostile as when I play this sort of thing I want NPCs on the good side running scared or be brave or stupid enough to try take my character down.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1702 on: April 05, 2016, 12:21:23 pm »

What the.. it just now occurred to me that my minothar being is basically an altered-on-steroids Hell Knight monster from the original Doom games (they used to be partially hairless minotaurs and not Doom 3's abomination that has no flesh on mouth/jaw area).

Means I won't have to create a new creature if I wanna go on a hardcore hellish mayhem as a 'Hell Knight' because I've already unknowingly have a similar creature in it's place.
The only problem with that is that I have no idea still how to make goblins and demons friendly and every other civ hostile as when I play this sort of thing I want NPCs on the good side running scared or be brave or stupid enough to try take my character down.
On an individual level I don't think you can atm - on a civ level you can just set KILL_NEUTRAL to REQUIRED and these civs will be hostile to everyone except other civs that share the same value.

Different question - is it possible to test custom plants and trees and such in arena mode? I pretty much went down into the depths of depravity and made organic flesh-trees - I don't see them anywhere after embarking on a 100% evil biome with wormy tendrils and such, so I don't know if I just got a crappy embark or if they will even spawn properly.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: April 05, 2016, 02:23:27 pm »

Check the errorlog. Also check that you gave them WET and/or DRY tags, biome tokens, and try setting frequency to 100. You'll want to embark in many different biomes, because they could as well get cluttered out by other species.

There's nothing in particular saying what materials can or cannot be used in trees, excepting possibly if they aren't solid at normal temperatures.

Don't know if its even possible to change the trees in the arena. I certainly didn't think it was.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ulsterexperimenter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: April 05, 2016, 07:20:41 pm »

Is it possible to modify dragons to be bipedal?
So, I was systematically ripping the teeth out of the mouth of an unconscious gnome with my bark scorpion man I named Dr. Scorpio when I thought, "Dentures should be a thing".

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: April 05, 2016, 07:26:33 pm »

Yeah, though you would have to redo their bodies.

The BODY token, which is followed by a large number of arguments, is what defines the body and its parts.

Atomisk

• Bay Watcher
  • Majora
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: April 05, 2016, 11:48:33 pm »

Are dark towers hard coded to have 600 inhabitants? Otherwise how do i make goblin towers less... annoyin. Also, can I change coins? change that civs use coins? Into something better. :D
Signatures are for people with things to show off. I'll show off something.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: April 06, 2016, 09:17:53 am »

Are dark towers hard coded to have 600 inhabitants? Otherwise how do i make goblin towers less... annoyin. Also, can I change coins? change that civs use coins? Into something better. :D
sorry for being grammar police-like but a tower is where necromancers or other secret-havers live, and dark spires are inside dark fortress and probably what you mean. I think there's some  tag that control maximum population in sites, but I don't remember
the name. if you really want to just explore a dark spire, you could just start the world at year 2. on the topic of goblin pops, giving [MAX_AGE:X:X] means they die of old age, and removing NOFOOD and NODRINK.
since I may have not adequately answered the question, please answer his question as well. my question is.. do secrets have goals other than IMMORTALITY yet?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: April 06, 2016, 12:16:57 pm »

Nope, no new goals for secrets.

Making goblins mortal helps with the problem, but there's also common_domestic_pet/mount/pull and use_evil_animals that can be removed from the entity. Goblins usually have hundreds of trolls around, which contributes a lot to the lagfest.
There's max population entity tags as well. They dont actually seem to work, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: April 06, 2016, 04:25:09 pm »

I want to have crowns be common clothing for a civilization, but cant seem to find them in the raws or any other crafts, am I missing something? or do I have to make a crown item in clothing
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 372