Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683994 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1650 on: March 22, 2016, 10:10:58 am »

The wiki says that BLOODSUCKER may (or may not) make the creature aggressive when you denounce it as a creature of the night, such as a vampire. Actual blood sucking is added in by modifying an attack to drain blood, or an interaction to make vampires.

You can make a creature immobile by giving it the [IMMOBILE] tag, but even if you remove all attacks, a creature is always capable of doing a simplistic 'push' type of attack.
Doesn't BLOODSUCKER also make a creature need to drink blood and allow it do so by pressing "e" near unconscious/sleeping targets? Looking in the example folder I don't see any unique blood-sucking attack added along with the syndrome.
You know, why are there "examples" of those interactions instead of just the interactions?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: March 22, 2016, 10:24:26 am »

Probably because the ones in-game are randomly generated, even though they are typically rather similar to the example versions. Except the werebeasts.

Individual interactions and creatures for each type of werebeast would probably require their own separate files, while the example is for a generic 'werebeast' creature.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1652 on: March 23, 2016, 06:51:42 am »

Is it possible to have a creature whose body evaporates immediately upon death?

EDIT: While I'm at it, I might as well ask - for creatures with multiple castes, how do I have a certain caste be less or more common than the other ones and only be able to occupy specific positions within the entity?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:30:55 am by ZM5 »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1653 on: March 23, 2016, 07:47:46 am »

The easiest way to make a creature evaporate upon death is to give it an ITEMCORPSE made of a material that boils at room temperature.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1654 on: March 23, 2016, 01:16:42 pm »

The easiest way to make a creature evaporate upon death is to give it an ITEMCORPSE made of a material that boils at room temperature.
Thanks, that worked.

Ok, in addition to my previous question about castes, is it also possible for different castes within the same species to have different descriptions?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: March 23, 2016, 01:52:27 pm »

Castes can have different descriptions. Castes can be radically different, if you wished.

You can give castes different ratios with the POP_RATIO tag, and you can restrict position eligibility by adding ALLOWED_CREATURE or REJECTED_CREATURE to the entity position definitions.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: March 24, 2016, 09:40:46 pm »

Is there a way to make a creature out of water without severed limbs remaining intact, teeth latching onto watery limbs, and the combat log saying things like "X scratches Y in the core and breaks off a piece of the water"?

I also get unexplained pools of water near the fight scene, which are probably the "pieces of water".

I understand that liquid water creature is going to be fairly fragile, but it will eventually have ranged interactions to keep it challenging.

Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: March 24, 2016, 09:53:20 pm »

Can't answer many of those, but I believe that [NOSTUCKINS] should prevent weapons from getting lodged in wounds, or bites from latching on.

Limbs should just melt when severed, though maybe it just takes a while, or I might just be mistaken.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: March 24, 2016, 10:08:06 pm »

Can't answer many of those, but I believe that [NOSTUCKINS] should prevent weapons from getting lodged in wounds, or bites from latching on.

Limbs should just melt when severed, though maybe it just takes a while, or I might just be mistaken.
Thanks, I'll add [NOSTUCKINS] to long list of [NO]s on this creature :)

Not sure if this is important, but the testing to date has been in the arena.  I know it has some wonkiness to it, but I'm not sure if that is to blame for anything I'm seeing.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

DwarfVsObsidianWall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: March 25, 2016, 09:03:29 pm »

How do I make an interaction change a creature's raws to include this ?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Trying a make a pyromancer secret, and the users keep setting themselves on fire and killing themselves.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: March 25, 2016, 09:13:23 pm »

Can't, as far as I know.

Closest thing I can think of is to have them transform into a fire-proof creature.

DwarfVsObsidianWall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: March 25, 2016, 09:30:25 pm »

Could I change the material of their skin, or would that be beyond the [CE_ADD_TAG] function?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: March 25, 2016, 09:36:07 pm »

If it's not listed under the IT_REQUIRES bit on the wiki, it cannot be added.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1663 on: March 26, 2016, 08:28:21 pm »

So, I've got a problem with a race I'm making - I want to make them immune to damage from fire, but for whatever reason when I give them the same material settings as the dragons, along with [FIREIMMUNE] and [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER], they still start burning out of nowhere when I'm doing arena testing. What exactly should I do to prevent that without changing HOMEOTHERM since I don't want them to be able to melt a creature simply by grabbing them?
Here's the raw file, incase there's something in there that I'm missing (the material settings aren't there, deleted them for now, but I put them at the very bottom before, after SELECT_CASTE:ALL, like in the dragon raw)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On a similar note, how do I apply material changes to only one caste?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: March 26, 2016, 10:53:35 pm »

Define burning, please. Are they actually catching fire, or are they just melting? Fire immunity only prevents them from catching fire.

Give the fire immune castes different body materials than the other castes. The fire castes should be given materials with no ignite, boiling, heat-damage, or melting point. Except liquid materials such as blood; you generally want blood to be liquid, not solid, so they should have a melting point.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 372