Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 684014 times)

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1620 on: March 03, 2016, 12:10:05 am »

How do I make a interaction transform a creature into a random caste of a specific creature?
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 03, 2016, 01:12:41 am »

my custom civ has special attacks that transforms  hit creatures into the custom civ's creature. mostly copied werebeast example. it kinda works in world gen. an elf got hit and then became that creature, however later that same creature defended it's original civ.
how do I make the transformed creatures join custom civ?
I believe the Succubus mod does something like this, which can also be found rolled up inside Masterwork.  No idea how it works, though.
IIR it requires certain DFHack scripts for it to work properly.
I don't think Masterwork can tie its shoes without DFHack.

Most mods that want to do anything real interesting can't.

At least, interesting by my reckoning. I'm a wizard obsessive, so you can see the issue I have there. Quite a mystery that I haven't made another wizard mod, now that I think of it, especially since 0.42 makes it actually feasible with the citizenry changes.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 03, 2016, 08:49:35 pm »

Is it possible to have only one incarnation of a given civilization in a world? I don't care how many sites they have, but I would like there to only be one group of, say, humans. I know there is TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER in the world gen options, but will simply setting that to the number of entities I have be enough? Or will I just have to settle with having two or more kingdoms of the same race?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 03, 2016, 09:40:35 pm »

Most mods that want to do anything real interesting can't.

At least, interesting by my reckoning. I'm a wizard obsessive, so you can see the issue I have there. Quite a mystery that I haven't made another wizard mod, now that I think of it, especially since 0.42 makes it actually feasible with the citizenry changes.
I most definitely was the pot calling the kettle black there.  Without DFHack, all that my primary mod would do is add a lot of things to be potential preferences with no way whatsoever to attain them.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 04, 2016, 01:44:29 am »

Is it possible to have only one incarnation of a given civilization in a world? I don't care how many sites they have, but I would like there to only be one group of, say, humans. I know there is TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER in the world gen options, but will simply setting that to the number of entities I have be enough? Or will I just have to settle with having two or more kingdoms of the same race?

Yeah, it should. The last we checked, entities are placed in the world in the order that they appear in entity_default.txt.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 07, 2016, 07:11:42 pm »

I'm pondering about the body modifiers as in if it says that my character is gigantic (with incredible muscles of course) does it take into the account the highest numbers set forth in LENGTH (highest: 115), HEIGHT (highest: 115) and BROADNESS (highest: 125). So if it just says that my character has "incredible muscles stretched over a broad body" does that mean that the LENGTH and HEIGHT is somewhere around a 100-115 and the broadness is the only thing at 125 or less? I'm asking this because I prefer having all the modifiers at the very max for my character and right now I'm a bit confused. Plus, I still don't know how to calculate how much the highest body modifier setting numbers affect the body size of my Drogoth. Made them broad on purpose (kinda like a Space Marine) and they resemble a lynx instead of a dingo now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 07:13:51 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 08, 2016, 05:04:54 am »

Yeah, that's the gist of it. Strength and fatness are separate from the body's natural outline itself.

You should know that the system is bugged, too. LENGTH and HEIGHT multiply each other wrong in the equation. Creatures that have both defined (pretty much everything that's got four legs) find that almost all possible combinations of sizes end up displayed as "gigantic" no matter what. The size itself is fine in the background, the description just lies.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 08, 2016, 05:32:07 am »

Yeah, that's the gist of it. Strength and fatness are separate from the body's natural outline itself.

You should know that the system is bugged, too. LENGTH and HEIGHT multiply each other wrong in the equation. Creatures that have both defined (pretty much everything that's got four legs) find that almost all possible combinations of sizes end up displayed as "gigantic" no matter what. The size itself is fine in the background, the description just lies.

Ah, good to know. Thanks! Guess that means just setting all the numbers to the highest as to ensure I get the body size of my drogoth race to be the same every time, also makes it easier to modify them ingame later on. But, wait.. what's with the fatness? The way I've understood is that broadness just makes the body broad and not fat, last time I got a fat description it didn't say anything about broadness. Ugh, confused yet again.

EDIT: Just set ALL of the BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER numbers from lowest to highest to be at the numbers I want them to be. Rendered the randomization of the character useless! :D Says 'gigantic with incredible muscles' every time! Now to test the broadness by setting all the LENGTH and HEIGHT to 100-105.

EDIT2: Bleh, not sure what will give that broadness tag in the description at this point but meh, seems to make my character sprint slower so I toned the BROADNESS down to 112 and HEIGHT and LENGTH to 110. At least now it says "Large for a drogoth (fe)male". Now to figure out what calculations it adds to the body size as I want an exact number of the body size as what sort of number it calculates/adds to the default body size 120,650 of a Drogoth.

EDIT3: So I'm using the previous method which is 120650 x 100% and I get 120650 so I add 10 + 10 + 12 (broadness) = 32 to that 100 and it's 159258 and when broadness at 25 it's 174942.5 ..YIKES! no wonder it slows a Drogoth down.

EDIT4: Nope! A non-muscular drogoth without any skills weights 237 ...237,000!?? :o What the!? Just tested it in the arena by strangling one. So I've decided to change CHANGE_BODY_SIZE_PERC from 254 to 164 thus making my race weight about 152 to somewhat match what tigerman weighs (150-160). Add some muscles and I guess I can call it a day.

Final edit: DERP! I'm forgetting about my drogoth's muscle and bone density. Anyway some results are in with CHANGE_BODY_SIZE_PERC:

204% = 160 (ingame weight) - Large non-muscular default density lynxified Drogoth

204% = 189 (ingame weight) - Large non-muscular modded density lynxified Drogoth

One of the tigermen was about 164+ something weight so yeah, I think I can call it a day. It's just that something still doesn't add up how can my race weight 160 with unmodded density and yet going by the average calculations of 47500 (default lynx man size) x 204% = 96,900... I just don't get it. I think I'm gonna just make it easy for myself and make that non-spawning lynx-demon creature of mine the exact body size of a tiger so my Drogoth is bound to be the exact size as a tigerman but just 2-5 numbers broader from the maximum and delete CHANGE_BODY_SIZE_PERC thing from CREATURE:DROGOTH.

Final edit .2: Agh, I decided to do this for the regular tiger and tiger man: (225000 + 70000)/2 = 147,500... I'm gonna get a bloody migraine! Going by that I've got this all wrong and so has the bloody wiki! What the actual fuck!?! Is it 147,500 for tigerman or 120,000!??? *brainbleed* Ya see, that's why I hate math. Anyway my brain is on the fritz for now.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 01:12:37 pm by Droggarth »

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 08, 2016, 01:40:52 pm »

How would I go about giving a creature a metal neck and a head made of bone without making the rest of the body made of these materials.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 08, 2016, 01:54:53 pm »

How would I go about giving a creature a metal neck and a head made of bone without making the rest of the body made of these materials.

You declare materials first, then define tissues made from those materials, then apply tissue layers to bodyparts as if you were dipping candles.  The most recently added layer is on the outside.

You can coat a bodypart in a tissue pretty easily (look at fingernails, and just omit the FRONT parameter).  Making it entirely out of one material will necessitate a new body detail plan so that you can skip the head and neck while building everything else... then "coat" the head in bone and the neck in metal.  With no underlying layers, they'll be just that one tissue.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 08, 2016, 04:18:55 pm »

Yeah, it should. The last we checked, entities are placed in the world in the order that they appear in entity_default.txt.

I know entity placement is dependent on Biomes, is it also influenced by SAVAGE, GOOD, and EVIL tokens?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 08, 2016, 04:37:32 pm »

Sure is. I don't know whether those are just limitations where they can be randomly placed or if they're favored in the draw in some way. Goblin civilizations seem to have a really big chance of starting up on evil ground as opposed to the neutral majority of other palatable areas and I don't think I've ever ran into elves whose capitals weren't ass-deep inside the untamed wilds.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 08, 2016, 09:01:55 pm »

I know entity placement is dependent on Biomes, is it also influenced by SAVAGE, GOOD, and EVIL tokens?

I'm not entirely sure but EVIL token seemed to make (for both my drogoth and kobolth who had them) none of the civs hostile or anything of the sort, all it seemed to do was make regular wildlife slightly more hostile as in a barn owl attempted to attack my character. It was like the wildlife knew my character is evil. Never seem to had that without the EVIL token bit and yes the regular animal men and women you can come across even they were blithering about few times more about attacking my character, usually one or two of them say that they "attacked" my character and then talk about their own things but everytime with the EVIL token they just were talking about how they "attacked" my character, over and over and like 2-10% of it was them talking about their own problems.

Besides, my EVIL token having drogoth or kobolth couldn't spawn in a goblin area anyway and npcs were just running away as usual once I got to a goblin place.

EDIT: And about the neck thing, I personally would prefer having some sort of adamantine collar/neck guard equipped there.

Edit2: Alright, I think I'm done testing tigermen vs drogoth body weights, from all the data I've gathered in the notepad, my large drogoth is now a bit smaller (on purpose) and broader from the biggest tiger man (HEIGHT 110, LENGTH 110, BROADNESS 110, total ingame body weight: 241) except MUCH denser.
So now a drogoth is at a fixed size now: HEIGHT 109, LENGTH 109, BROADNESS 112. All of that added to my lynx-demon's default size (210000 + 70000)/2 = 140,000 - new default size for a drogoth I've decided on which makes the creature weigh 229 (default density) and 270 when modded density in place. Cool.

Few days later edit: Made arms and hands bit bigger with RELSIZE, am now wondering if elbows, wrists and fingers scale to that or not. Added RELSIZE:BY_TOKEN for all five fingers plus left/right wrists, elbows and shoulders. Should all be scaled accordingly as far as arms go and I can finally start me new adventure... I hope. Interesting to see how my ape-armed incredibly muscular drogoth performs in the real adventure.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 02:24:53 pm by Droggarth »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 11, 2016, 06:06:14 am »

Isn't it better to use MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER set to 1?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 12, 2016, 10:49:05 am »

Will somebody already please tell me what calculations does BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER use to add/remove from BODY_SIZE!?? I need to know and I can't figure it out. >:(
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:51:20 am by Droggarth »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 372