Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 684016 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1605 on: February 26, 2016, 02:20:59 pm »

if you use advanced world generation to create a world with no demons, there also no goblins.
what causes this? and how do I force armok to be the ruler of dwarven civs?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 28, 2016, 11:45:08 am »

IIRC, a clown leader is needed to create the HFS spire for Dark Fortress capitals. No clowns, no capital, no goblins.

As for the Armok question, assuming you already made an Armok creature, the only way I could think of is to make a civ started and ruled by him, and have Dwarves emigrate to it later on. I'm not even sure if that could work at all.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 29, 2016, 12:16:44 pm »

How would one create an entity that has an increased tendency to make cities rather than hamlets? if this isnt possible what kind of problems may I face if I increase the amount of sites they create in general

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: February 29, 2016, 12:20:13 pm »

Cities are hamlets with bigger population.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1609 on: February 29, 2016, 01:53:35 pm »

Cities are hamlets with bigger population.
This, but also I find that if you put a civ's exclusive biome as something rather far off and not easily reachable they more commonly make gigantic towns. I.e I have a modded civ that starts in the tundras and taigas, and since they're far off from other civs and dont get into too many wars, their cities expand much more noticably than those civs that get into wars.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 01, 2016, 11:51:13 am »

I notice that for the most part elves act differently in their home entity and in human entities.
is there any way to make elves have the ethics as elves despite being part of the human entity?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

IRefuseToChooseAUserName

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: March 01, 2016, 03:01:09 pm »

As I was looking through the raws I noticed that the position tokens for the humans and goblins are missing.
#1 Is this a problem?
#2 Could this be why the Humans have not sent a caravan?
#3 What position would I have to add to the Evles to get them to do trade agreements?
#4 If I add things to fix these discrepancies would I need to regen my world?

I apologize if this is not the right thread to ask these questions.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 01, 2016, 03:15:07 pm »

#1 Is this a problem?
#2 Could this be why the Humans have not sent a caravan?
#3 What position would I have to add to the Evles to get them to do trade agreements?
#4 If I add things to fix these discrepancies would I need to regen my world?

#1: Look harder, they have tokens that say that their positions are randomly generated titles. You can still add your own in the way the dwarves and elves have, though. My humans work just fine with their kings and chancellors, so I'm guessing it just generates roles that aren't specifically defined.
#2: Nah, I don't think so. If you're playing 42.05, they're blocked by the bug that makes your fortress exports not actually increase the "exports out" fame number that they depend on. You could remove it or add some other PROGRESS_TRIGGER token to sidestep that.
#3: You give a position RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE. I gave it to acolytes, personally.
#4: Yes, I don't think any of these things are exceptions that'd pass into a running game.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 01, 2016, 03:17:09 pm »

Human and Goblin entities have semi-randomly generated positions. It's what [VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL] does.

The Humans may just be too far away to come. Or you haven't hit their trade triggers yet.

The position token that allows trade agreements is [ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS]. I think it only allows agreements between the same civilization though. At least, the wiki indicates as such.

And generally, yes, changes to entities will require a regen.

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 01, 2016, 04:42:08 pm »

Is it possible to make an interaction require the target to have a specific [SYN_CLASS] yet?
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 02, 2016, 12:14:59 pm »

How do subteranian civs work right now? any way for them to build cities? or any way to have custom civs in hell?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: March 02, 2016, 01:52:28 pm »

my custom civ has special attacks that transforms  hit creatures into the custom civ's creature. mostly copied werebeast example. it kinda works in world gen. an elf got hit and then became that creature, however later that same creature defended it's original civ.
how do I make the transformed creatures join custom civ?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 02, 2016, 02:58:13 pm »

my custom civ has special attacks that transforms  hit creatures into the custom civ's creature. mostly copied werebeast example. it kinda works in world gen. an elf got hit and then became that creature, however later that same creature defended it's original civ.
I believe the Succubus mod does something like this, which can also be found rolled up inside Masterwork.  No idea how it works, though.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 02, 2016, 03:56:40 pm »

I believe the Succubus mod does something like this, which can also be found rolled up inside Masterwork.  No idea how it works, though.
IIR it requires certain DFHack scripts for it to work properly.
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 02, 2016, 07:37:57 pm »

IIR it requires certain DFHack scripts for it to work properly.
I don't think Masterwork can tie its shoes without DFHack.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 372