Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686285 times)

Crimson Beard 13

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1125 on: February 11, 2015, 07:38:31 pm »

Question by the phisics of the game is it possible to have creatures that can tunnel/dig or no ? could be interesting if so :3

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 11, 2015, 07:43:43 pm »

Question by the phisics of the game is it possible to have creatures that can tunnel/dig or no ? could be interesting if so :3

Not through raw modding alone. There's a DFHack script that enables some units to dig, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 11, 2015, 09:12:27 pm »

You might be thinking of the diggingInvaders plugin.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 11, 2015, 10:34:20 pm »

What factors are needed to make an entity trade and siege through the caverns? Is it possible to make them do so preferentially?

Crimson Beard 13

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 12, 2015, 02:27:20 am »

what tokens let you take an animal at embark o-o i have yet to find it also going to make a teddy bear monster o-o seem like fun ? id just like to know what size is 2 feet tall just for an estimate

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 12, 2015, 02:58:43 am »

It varies by entity. Dwarves can have any pet that is [COMMON_DOMESTIC], [PACK_ANIMAL], [WAGON_PULLER], [MOUNT], or [PET] because the dwarven entity has [COMMON_DOMESTIC_X] tags in the pet's definition, and is allowed to use cave animals because their entity has the tag [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS]

Other tags include [USE_GOOD_ANIMALS], which allows them to use good-aligned animals, [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS], which lets them use evil-aligned animals, and [USE_ANY_PET_RACE], which lets them use just about any animal that they settle near.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:02:23 am by BlackFlyme »

EuropeanDorf

• Bay Watcher
  • alchemy too stronk pls nerf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 12, 2015, 03:51:42 am »

So it should only be made of slime? Also, if you want to make it more resilient, then you may want to alter its slime material, rather than its tissue. Or give it the [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:X:X] tag to soften the hits it takes.

As I mentioned, there are creatures that are only made of one tissue that you could look at for examples, which include the bronze colossus, plump helmet men, or the various elemental peoples.

...not exactly.

The slime should serve as some kind of protective tissue, like human skin.

Inside should be fleshy, like dwarves or humans.

(since this is a head-canon a certain group came up with, and I rode with it.

Note that since this is a mollusk, it may not have some things you'd find in a mammal.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:58:28 am by EuropeanDorf »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 12, 2015, 07:52:42 am »

Note that since this is a mollusk, it may not have some things you'd find in a mammal.)
FYI, Button has a disturbingly detailed mod to add realistic snails, and snails are land mollusks.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1133 on: February 12, 2015, 08:25:35 am »

So it should only be made of slime? Also, if you want to make it more resilient, then you may want to alter its slime material, rather than its tissue. Or give it the [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:X:X] tag to soften the hits it takes.

As I mentioned, there are creatures that are only made of one tissue that you could look at for examples, which include the bronze colossus, plump helmet men, or the various elemental peoples.

...not exactly.

The slime should serve as some kind of protective tissue, like human skin.

Inside should be fleshy, like dwarves or humans.

(since this is a head-canon a certain group came up with, and I rode with it.

You can simply give it a regular, mollusk-like physiology, and have the slime as a secretion instead.  This would also allow you to give the slime a contact syndrome that affects anyone who touches it.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 12, 2015, 10:11:03 am »

got it
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 01:12:32 am by That Wolf »
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Crimson Beard 13

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 13, 2015, 05:29:23 am »

so would i be able to make a paralysing syndrone snail o-o ? that could be funny X3 *dwarf walks by getting supplies poison snail walks in front of dwarf* hey little guy how are you :D *he picks up the snail* OH F**K *feels his legs weaken as he notices what it is he collapses to the floor gasping for air* FUN X3

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1136 on: February 13, 2015, 07:08:21 am »

What are the exact conditions to be able to trade with someone?
I have a couple of races that have access to [OUTDOOR_WOOD], [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK], [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL], and [ETHIC:KILL_PLANT:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON].  There are trees in every biome and at least one common domestic wagon puller.  The embark screen lists them as No Trade, though.  Before 40.x, they were fine.  What changed?

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 15, 2015, 07:58:41 am »

It appears to be based on location rather then any particular ethics issue. For instance, in a mixed MK-Vanilla save, goblins won't trade with koopas if you attempt to settle the fortress in specific regions; this possibly has something to do with path finding on a global scale, or might be civ specific. Have you tried shifting around the embark position some tiles to see if it remains that way?

Also, anyone know the optimal way to make a specific creature caste cold-immune so they don't die from exposure in freezing regions?
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 15, 2015, 01:55:45 pm »

This feels like a legit problem, but I'm not sure.

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:BONGO_BSTORM]
[DESCRIPTION: A large, heavy-bodied antelope with large, curving horns and striking white markings.]
[NAME:bongo:bongos:bongo]
[CASTE_NAME:bongo:bongos:bongo]
[CHILD:1][GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:bongo calf:bongo calves]
[CREATURE_TILE:'B'][COLOR:7:0:1][POPULATION_NUMBER:15:30]
[PETVALUE:500]
[PET_EXOTIC]
[STANDARD_GRAZER]
[VISION_ARC:50:310]
[PREFSTRING:attractive markings]
[PREFSTRING:graceful horns]
[GRASSTRAMPLE:0]
[LARGE_ROAMING][MUNDANE]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:15:30]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:3:7]
[BIOME:SHRUBLAND_TROPICAL]
[BIOME:FOREST_TROPICAL_MOIST_BROADLEAF]
[BENIGN][MEANDERER][NATURAL]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK_HOOF:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH:RIBCAGE:2HEAD_HORN]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HOOF:HOOF_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HOOF:HOOF_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:19000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:100000]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:300000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:10:15]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:HOOF_FRONT]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:HOOF_REAR]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:HGORE:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:HORN]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:gore:gores]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[CREPUSCULAR]
[HOMEOTHERM:10067]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_QUADRUPED_GAITS:900:438:292:146:1900:2900] 60 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[MUNDANE]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:CINNAMON:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:DARK_BROWN:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:ECRU:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PEACH:1:PINK:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]

And it seems to mess with the spawning of creatures on the embark.  The creatures gen just fine, but the regional list of creatures is greatly impoverished - about half what it ought to be.  And this time, there are no shelledfish on embark at all, and after waiting a bit they don't spawn either.  Deleting the creature from the raws hasn't fixed it either, and this definitely wasn't happening before, since I've been checking region pops upon embark as a matter of course.  Sometimes I'll get pond turtles, but in much-reduced numbers.  Meanwhile, all the plants are listed as "innumerable" within the region, which is just untrue.

...Huh.  Copying and pasting in "healthy" raws from an existing world didn't fix it. 

EDIT: Removing the modded creatures didn't help, removing some other mods didn't help, removing the modded raw file didn't help.  I took all the raws from an okay region and pasted them in...nothing.  There's no way this can be "normal" like the last time, because it interferes directly with gameplay - since oysters and mussels are immobile, they will never "move in" into the map.  They gen just fine, but they never, ever appear on the map.  This has persisted across 5-10 worldgens, so it's not just an isolated incident.  Errorlog, as usual, is completely useless.  And I just figured out the other problem too...

I removed the thing that could have caused it, plus other things, but no dice.  I just don't understand what went wrong.

EDIT: EDIT: No luck with even a fresh install.  The only thing I can think of is some "unable to save" thing in my text editor (sublime text 2) or backup saves from it, but I don't know how to fix those.  This is shaping up to be an absolute nightmare, just like last time.

I tried two, three fresh reinstalls, but the problem persisted.  I'd write it off as a normal variation but for the fact that this complete absence of shellfish creatures from all embark points (although present in the world apparently) is a literal death sentence to any dwarf who likes shells.  I've every possible offending thing but it still persists.  Yet I know this isn't supposed to happen.  Shellfish are either there on embark or not at all, and in over a dozen genned worlds, it's been "not at all".

MORE EDITS: So apparently I let some dwarves clean fish and the mussels came out of thin air?  And it appears "innumberable" is the number of trees on my "healthy" files as well?  Well, damn.  I...really do not feel smart right now.  And I think I know what was happening: I got local region pops mixed up with worldwide region pops.  So disregard this entire post, I suck idiomatic cocks.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:09:11 pm by Badger Storm »

lordpyridine

• Bay Watcher
  • [APPLY_CREATURE_ VARIATION:PSYCHOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 15, 2015, 11:45:50 pm »

Awright, I used some of the raw from the Rexbold Camp by Rex Invictus in an attempt to make kobolds scaly instead of furry, but now they don't even exist in the arena. I cannot find anything wrong with the raw. This is for personal use by the way, not trying to pass this off as mine later.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, how can I make the kobolds exist again?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:47:35 pm by lordpyridine »
Anyone can build a buttress at forty degrees, but it takes a DWARF to build one arbitrarily and have it be twice as strong!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 372