Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686363 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1035 on: February 05, 2015, 04:52:00 am »

Hmm, could be.  Does SETTLEMENT_BIOME work with sites other than CAVE_DETAILED?  Or is it a dwarf-specific hack?

Nope, a DARK_FORTRESS civ respect the settlements provided and create structures from its DEFAULT_SITE set in the provided biomes. Most are called pits but visiting in adv mode proved that it's more then cross trenches.

The civ have several LIKES_SITE but I believe that only DEFAULT_SITE is used. But the civ does not spread over mountains and hills so I can't tell for sure.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:54:03 am by Boltgun »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1036 on: February 05, 2015, 05:18:08 am »

Hmm, could be.  Does SETTLEMENT_BIOME work with sites other than CAVE_DETAILED?  Or is it a dwarf-specific hack?

Nope, a DARK_FORTRESS civ respect the settlements provided and create structures from its DEFAULT_SITE set in the provided biomes. Most are called pits but visiting in adv mode proved that it's more then cross trenches.

The civ have several LIKES_SITE but I believe that only DEFAULT_SITE is used. But the civ does not spread over mountains and hills so I can't tell for sure.

Civs will never build a type of site other than their default type.  The LIKES_SITE determines how likely they are to move into another civ's site, whether peacefully or through conquest.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 05, 2015, 06:07:46 am »

Civs will never build a type of site other than their default type.  The LIKES_SITE determines how likely they are to move into another civ's site, whether peacefully or through conquest.

Has anyone tried to put several DEFAULT_SITE in case it is chosen at random or increase the set of sites to build?

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 05, 2015, 06:21:34 am »

Adding _BSTORM seems to have worked for the pooka.  Making yaks shearable now, let's see how that goes.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1039 on: February 05, 2015, 06:50:44 am »

Has anyone tried to put several DEFAULT_SITE in case it is chosen at random or increase the set of sites to build?

I've tried it, it doesn't work.

You can, however, make a race that likes every site type except their own.  They will tend to migrate to sites built by other races regularly.  If they are warlike and stronger than the original owners, they will often conquer them.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 05, 2015, 08:19:44 am »

One time it went fine except the hunter refused to hunt, one time it always crashed on loading.  The third time seems to be a charm so far.

Unrelated: I have created a lesser phoenix, but it does not seem to be sufficiently on fire.  What would be the best way to rectify this problem?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 05, 2015, 03:47:20 pm »

One time it went fine except the hunter refused to hunt, one time it always crashed on loading.  The third time seems to be a charm so far.

Unrelated: I have created a lesser phoenix, but it does not seem to be sufficiently on fire.  What would be the best way to rectify this problem?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/Themes/darkling/images/bbc/spoiler.gif

Does the IMMOLATE tag still work? You can try. Otherwise I gave a creature a fixed temp of 30000, it was not fire by itself but it burnt grass by simply walking.

By the way, more temperature shenanigans, my creatures starved themselves to death in fort mode despite having plenty of food (and no, none forbidden). I tried making an adventurer to see what's wrong and she complained when trying to eat that "the cave lobster is too cold". A camp fire couldn't do a thing but restoring fixed temp suddenly made food edible.

Here are the tags related to temperature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So in case someone come here asking about a creature not eating, temperature may be an issue. Perhaps having heatdam and colddam to none confused DF when it tried to figure it temperature was okay. Can this be confirmed?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:55:50 pm by Boltgun »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 05, 2015, 05:05:09 pm »

My first response was "put player characters adventurers next to it, it will end up on fire shortly after"... worth noting I accidentally discovered using a clean usage hint isn't guaranteed to prevent creatures from barfing dragonfire on each other constantly.

fledermaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 05, 2015, 06:31:41 pm »

I'm trying to make a creature with a syndrome in its blood that causes anyone consuming it to undergo an interaction. The ultimate goal is to create a race of mages with different castes having different sets of magical abilities which can be acquired by a specific caste that starts with only the ability to acquire the others' powers in adventure mode. But, I can't seem to get the basic ingestion syndrome to work. I'm probably doing something wrong; hopefully someone here can help.

This is the relevant part of the creature raw (which is just a copy of human for now).

This is the interaction.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 05, 2015, 07:32:52 pm »

Probably easier to put the CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION into the blood syndrome directly.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 05, 2015, 09:09:59 pm »

Speaking of vampires, it mentions using the werewolf template to allow vampirism transfer through a bite, do you have to add a second version to get this to work or something? I tried changing the one in raw/interactions and it didn't work, I put a copy of it in raw/objects just to check if it would work and it hasn't either as far as I can tell. Anyone got a working "transfer on bite" version of vampirism? I just added the werewolf bits with what looked like the right tags for vampirism:

Code: [Select]
interaction_vampire

[OBJECT:INTERACTION]

Note:  This is a vampirism curse from profaning a temple.  The werebeast example can show you how to make it contagious through an attack.

[INTERACTION:VAMPIRE_CURSE]

[I_SOURCE:DEITY]
[IS_USAGE_HINT:MAJOR_CURSE]
[IS_HIST_STRING_1: cursed ]
[IS_HIST_STRING_2: to prowl the night in search of blood]

[I_SOURCE:INGESTION]
[IS_HIST_STRING_1: consumed the tainted blood of ]
[IS_HIST_STRING_2: and was cursed]

[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_REQUIRES:HAS_BLOOD]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:SUPERNATURAL]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:DISTURBANCE_CURSE]

[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Vampire]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]
[CE_ADD_TAG:BLOODSUCKER:NO_AGING:STERILE:NOT_LIVING:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:200:0:AGILITY:200:0:TOUGHNESS:200:0:START:0]
[CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1:2]
[CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION:MAT_TOKEN:RESERVED_BLOOD:START:0]
[CE:INTERACTION:VAMPIRE_CURSE]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INGESTED]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INJECTED]
[CE_DISPLAY_TILE:TILE:165:4:0:0:START:0:CAN_BE_HIDDEN]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:vampire:vampires:vampiric:START:0:CAN_BE_HIDDEN]
[CE_BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:START:0:BP:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH:APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:150]
[CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:DRINKING_BLOOD:1:NONE:REQUIRED]
[CE_SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS:START:0:CLASS:GENERAL_POISON:15:4:0:1]

[INTERACTION:VAMPIRE_BITE]

[I_SOURCE:ATTACK]
[IS_HIST_STRING_1: bit ]
[IS_HIST_STRING_2:, passing on the vampire curse]

[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_REQUIRES:HAS_BLOOD]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:SUPERNATURAL]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:WERECURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:DISTURBANCE_CURSE]

[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Vampire]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:VAMPCURSE]
[CE_ADD_TAG:BLOODSUCKER:NO_AGING:STERILE:NOT_LIVING:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:200:0:AGILITY:200:0:TOUGHNESS:200:0:START:0]
[CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1:2]
[CE_BODY_MAT_INTERACTION:MAT_TOKEN:RESERVED_BLOOD:START:0]
[CE:INTERACTION:VAMPIRE_CURSE]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INGESTED]
[CE:SYNDROME_TAG:SYN_INJECTED]
[CE_DISPLAY_TILE:TILE:165:4:0:0:START:0:CAN_BE_HIDDEN]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:vampire:vampires:vampiric:START:0:CAN_BE_HIDDEN]
[CE_BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:START:0:BP:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH:APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:150]
[CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:DRINKING_BLOOD:1:NONE:REQUIRED]
[CE_SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS:START:0:CLASS:GENERAL_POISON:15:4:0:1]

Wait, I think I'm a moron, I don't need to add the curse bit a second time do I, just the bite part huh?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 05, 2015, 09:12:06 pm »

It's interaction examples, not interactions. It doesn't actually do anything.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 05, 2015, 09:29:25 pm »

I'll be on the bridge, someone go pull the lever please.

(but wait, where are the vampire/werebeast/necromancer bits at then, did I miss them somewhere weird while looking for them?)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 05, 2015, 09:50:51 pm »

They're procedurally generated and not in any raws.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 05, 2015, 10:22:03 pm »

Makes sense, was looking through some of the older stuff and I think I've got enough of an idea from the how the fear the night mod worked in .34 and what changes there were to .40 to get it working right, ty for helping me notice my incredibly silly mistake!
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 372