Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682265 times)

DPh Kraken

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN:she:her:herself][PRONOUN:it:its:itself]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5550 on: August 26, 2024, 03:57:28 pm »

I think you don't need the tag removals - just putting your new child/maxage values should overwrite the last ones.
[CHEESE_PLANT] and [CHEESE_GRAPHICS] biggest fan
My mods:
Language & symbolsMiscellanyGraphics resourcesPseudo-ASCII

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: August 28, 2024, 07:49:23 am »

Yeah, to my knowledge, the what is specified the last in the raws in the one that gets processed?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: August 28, 2024, 01:46:25 pm »

those removal functions are explicitly for creature variations, which you have to create beforehand and in a separate file, not creature raws. You can create a creature variation that does that and only that, and then apply it to the creature, but theyre right that it is faster to overwrite them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DPh Kraken

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN:she:her:herself][PRONOUN:it:its:itself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: August 28, 2024, 06:48:41 pm »

APPLY_CURRENT_CREATURE_VARIATION is the correct syntax for using CV tags without defining it in a separate file. They're used correctly here to remove the tags, but I imagine the difficulty is that the parser is reading that, reading the replacement tokens, and then applying the variation that takes out the tags you just redefined.
[CHEESE_PLANT] and [CHEESE_GRAPHICS] biggest fan
My mods:
Language & symbolsMiscellanyGraphics resourcesPseudo-ASCII

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: August 29, 2024, 05:30:04 am »

What (moddable) vampire property makes him persecuted? and assuming false identities? The fact that he murdered someone? Or that he doesn't live or age? Hoe does this work?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: August 29, 2024, 06:24:26 am »

BLOODSUCKER causes vampires to murder people and get killed during vampire purges.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: August 29, 2024, 09:33:35 am »

BLOODSUCKER causes vampires to murder people and get killed during vampire purges.
Thanks!
Is this somehow connected to ethics? Can I make a civ which does not purge vampires?
Also, are there other moddable features relating purges, persucutions and prosecutions?

Acymetric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: August 29, 2024, 04:53:21 pm »

Doesn't the NO_AGING tag "arouse suspicion" for both vampires and necromancers (who don't have BLOODSUCKER)?

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: August 29, 2024, 04:54:24 pm »

Doesn't the NO_AGING tag "arouse suspicion" for both vampires and necromancers (who don't have BLOODSUCKER)?

Yes

Vampires get persecuted for both their lack of aging and their bloodsucking.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: September 01, 2024, 04:57:15 pm »

Thanks!

Is there a way to promote the formation of certain special entities, like troupes, merchant companies, mercenary companies, craftguilds and so on? In other words: what is the reason and trigger that these organisations are founded and can we manually stimulate it?

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: September 06, 2024, 02:29:05 pm »

What causes the message “You’ve spotted a giant cave spider!” to pop up when you encounter a GCS in adventure mode?
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: September 06, 2024, 02:32:21 pm »

AMBUSHPREDATOR does that one
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

xzaxza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: September 10, 2024, 12:11:02 pm »

How's the BP_RELATION stuff work exactly? For example, the standard humanoid rib cages:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There are a total of 14 true ribs, and they're defined to be around the heart by a value of 5. Is this defined collectively, or for each individual rib? Ie., is the heart covered by true ribs 14*5=70?

Similarly, is it also covered by false ribs 6*5=30? Does it add up? 70+30? Ie., it's fully covered by a rib of some sort? Doesn't a value of 100 mean that it's fully around something?

Also, is there a reason the rib definitions lack [ LEFT ] and [ RIGHT ]?
Known issues
You may get a dwarf that likes bugged stockpiles.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: September 13, 2024, 09:20:38 am »

Question about LIKES_SITE, when a site-type is mentioned, without the ability to construct it themself

For Example:
DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE
LIKES_SITE:CITY

or
DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:DARK_FORTRESS
LIKES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED

1. Do the sites need to be conquered first and part of the civilization, before part of the population will move there? Or will it also cause peacefull migration from the civ's population to sites of this type owned by other civs?
2. It is hinted at the wiki that this also causes the civ to target these sites more quickly to be conquered. Is that verified?

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: September 14, 2024, 09:28:15 am »

Is there any way to make DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:MONUMENT not always crash the game? Or a way to make zero site playable civilizations without making them cavern dwellers?
Yes I made one.
Main considerations: set all biome settlements tags to ANY_LAND.
However, legends mode crashed, Legends Viewer did not show all the sites, and in adventurermode there was nothing really of interest.
After 200 years, the dwarfs had made only two monuments each civ. no structures or anything else interest.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 09:41:22 am by joostheger »
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372