Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682257 times)

DPh Kraken

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN:she:her:herself][PRONOUN:it:its:itself]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5535 on: August 10, 2024, 10:40:06 pm »

besides hostility to other factions, what does BABY_SNATCHER do, if your fortress civ has it? Will snatched babies been brought in? any other significant effect?

There's little support for playing a baby-snatcher, beyond the baseline of what dwarves have. The increased ethnic diversity doesn't apply to migrants, as they're forced to only be of your main species. Nor do you get any ways to abduct children through raids.
I recommend (though I am not the originator) calling your messengers "snatchers", because they are able to take people from other sites (even if they're allied sites).
[CHEESE_PLANT] and [CHEESE_GRAPHICS] biggest fan
My mods:
Language & symbolsMiscellanyGraphics resourcesPseudo-ASCII

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: August 11, 2024, 11:21:22 am »

How does [ANIMAL_CASTE_TOKEN] work?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

DPh Kraken

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN:she:her:herself][PRONOUN:it:its:itself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: August 11, 2024, 11:59:37 pm »

Presumably targets a single caste of a specified creature with the various usage tokens, like ANIMAL_TOKEN.
[CHEESE_PLANT] and [CHEESE_GRAPHICS] biggest fan
My mods:
Language & symbolsMiscellanyGraphics resourcesPseudo-ASCII

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: August 13, 2024, 07:19:13 am »

How does [LIKES_FIGHTING] work? Is it identical to [LARGE_PREDATOR]? Do wild creatures with it attack indiscriminately or only if initially provoked?
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: August 13, 2024, 08:58:27 am »

LIKES_FIGHTING is an old token that has been replaced and does nothing in the current version. I think you'll get an error if you try to use to now.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: August 13, 2024, 01:49:00 pm »

Understandable, thank you
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

Acymetric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: August 13, 2024, 06:15:13 pm »

When digging around for info about modding creatures, castes, and syndromes, I came across something that mentioned something along the lines of if you make a creature immortal via syndrome (by adding the NO_AGING tag, unless there is another way?), they won't reproduce with other creatures of their race unless the race has an existing caste that is immortal (is there a way to specify this other than not including MAXAGE?).  Unfortunately I can't remember where I saw it, nor enough specifics to find it again.  I would not be surprised if it was on this board although searches didn't turn anything up. I'm going to play around to see if I can figure out, but thought I'd see if this rung a bell for anyone, and if so what the specifics are.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: August 13, 2024, 10:27:30 pm »

Vanilla vampire curses make the creature sterile, but vanilla necromancy doesnt appear to (from a vanilla world i just generated). If they go hide in a tower then they probably wont get married or anything, but I have had married necromancers have children. It was a pretty wacky game, though, and the subjects were married before becoming necromancers, and i havent specifically tried to get a necromancer married outside of that game.

The rules for marriage did change to allow a longer age range in 50.x+, so its possible that you could convince necromancers to marry more frequently now. I would suspect the advice to make an immortal caste was regarding finding them a potential spouse; in prior versions, the max age difference was something like ten years, so a 250 year old necromancer would never marry even a 180 year old senile dwarf, but immortal creatures are often generated with age ranges between 200-300, so a pre-generated immortal that just happened to fall within 10 years of age of that necromancer could marry them.

Its definitely worth a shot to see if you can throw a creature with an immortality syndrome in a dwarven honeymoon suite with a few potential suitors and see if they at least become lovers.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: August 16, 2024, 08:25:35 am »

I'm trying to get a certain caste of my modded creature to be rarer than the others, but no matter what I do or what values I enter, their numbers are either evenly matched or the caste which is supposed to be rare greatly outnumbers all the others. Is [POP_RATIO] currently bugged, am I unlucky or am I doing something wrong? Specifically, I tried adjusting the pop ratio of the more common castes to 10, 100, 1000 and finally 10000 compared to the rarer caste's pop ratio of 1 but it seemingly made no difference. Can someone please explain this to me?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: August 16, 2024, 02:22:21 pm »

Assuming youve got the format right, i.e. [POP_RATIO:x], double check youve got the correct caste selected when using [POP_RATIO:x].

You could post the creature raws in code tags.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: August 16, 2024, 03:45:45 pm »

Code: [Select]
[CASTE:MALE]
[CASTE_NAME:jaggi:jaggi:jaggi]
[DESCRIPTION:Highly social, carnivorous bird wyverns found in large packs. Young Jaggi males hunt in groups, attacking much larger animals. Current research suggests they operate under orders from an alpha male.]
[POP_RATIO:50][DIFFICULTY:1]
[CASTE_TILE:'j']
[MAXAGE:20:30]
[MALE]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:6000]
[BODY_SIZE:3:0:45000]
[BODY_SIZE:6:0:90000]
[NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:1]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[CASTE_NAME:jaggia:jaggia:jaggia]
[DESCRIPTION:Female Jaggi that stay in groups, Jaggia generally cluster around the nest to defend it and raise whelps. Smaller than mature males, but larger than and tougher than the countless young males. Jaggia also operate under an alphas orders.]
[POP_RATIO:15][DIFFICULTY:1]
[CASTE_TILE:'j']
[MAXAGE:30:40]
[FEMALE]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:25000]
[BODY_SIZE:3:0:50000]
[BODY_SIZE:6:0:100000]
[LAYS_EGGS]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGGSHELL:SOLID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_WHITE:LIQUID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[EGG_SIZE:6000]
[CLUTCH_SIZE:6:8]
[ATTACK:HIPCHECK:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
[ATTACK_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT]
[ATTACK_VERB:hipcheck:hipchecks]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[CASTE:GREAT]
[CASTE_NAME:great jaggi:great jaggi:great jaggi]
[DESCRIPTION:The Great Jaggi is the head of a Jaggi pack. At a certain age, males leave the pack to live on their own for a period of time before returning to fight for the right to be a leader. They have a very commanding presence. It is said they can call and give complex orders to their pack with their howls and barks.]
[POP_RATIO:1][DIFFICULTY:2]
[CASTE_TILE:'J']
[MOUNT_EXOTIC][PETVALUE:300]
[MAXAGE:50:60]
[MALE]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:25000]
[BODY_SIZE:3:0:500000]
[BODY_SIZE:6:0:1000000]
[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:FRILL:45]
[ATTACK:SLAM:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER]
[ATTACK_VERB:slam:slams]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK:HIPCHECK:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
[ATTACK_VERB:hipcheck:hipchecks]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:1]
[NATURAL_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE:1]
[NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:1]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:1]
[NATURAL_SKILL:SITUATIONAL_AWARENESS:1]
[NATURAL_SKILL:WRESTLING:1]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DISCIPLINE:1]

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: August 16, 2024, 05:45:58 pm »

It looks accurate to me, I don't see any reason that you should be having the problem you describe. I would make check and make sure there isn't a stray duplicate of the pop_ratio tag outside the caste definitions
I make Spellcrafts!

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: August 21, 2024, 02:10:18 pm »

[LIKES_SITE:PLAYER_FORTRESS]
I've seen this tag a few times. Does anyone knows for sure if this increases attacks or migrants or does anything usefull?

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: August 26, 2024, 07:07:26 am »

What tokens make the general and outpost liaison arrive with the monarch? I would assume it's the responsibilities of MILITARY_STRATEGY and ESTABBLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS, but I'd like confirmation.
I think, but haven't confirmed yet, that all Civ-level nobles will arive, except the one's that are for some reason on a mission. Those might be diplomats.

Acymetric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: August 26, 2024, 03:44:19 pm »

Very basic question, but I can't figure out what is wrong.  I'm just trying to modify the max age of Dwarves.  It seems like this should work, but I end up with ageless Dwarves (no MAXAGE).  Is there something obvious wrong with this SELECT?

Code: [Select]
[SELECT_CREATURE:DWARF]
[CV_REMOVE_TAG:MAXAGE]
[CV_REMOVE_TAG:CHILD]
[APPLY_CURRENT_CREATURE_VARIATION]
[BODY_SIZE:9:0:59500]
[CHILD:9]
[MAXAGE:55:125]
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372