Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682539 times)

teabasins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5385 on: November 17, 2023, 03:01:28 pm »

the only thing I see what could be making the difference, is
[START_BIOME:MOUNTAIN]
Vanilla uses:
[EXCLUSIVE_START_BIOME:MOUNTAIN]

The issue started before I made that change. It doesn't even have any functional implications anyway since [START_BIOME:MOUNTAIN] is just an alias for [EXCLUSIVE_START_BIOME:MOUNTAIN] + [SETTLEMENT_BIOME:MOUNTAIN].

What version are you working with?

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: November 20, 2023, 08:26:58 am »

Well I guess the best thing you can do, is revert to vanilla, and then apply your changes one by one, untill you encounter the problem.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: November 20, 2023, 06:09:51 pm »

I've had that issue too, and just gave up and made some edible shrubs and fruit trees that grow in mountain biomes. They'll only grow on the lowest z-level of the mountain range where it's adjacent to other biomes in-game, so it's not excessively noticeable. It's enough to prevent the world rejections.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: November 21, 2023, 08:01:10 am »

Did you specificly mod them to grow on the lowest z-levels? Or did they just happen to grow only there? If so: I'm curious how you did that

Maybe you could make some sort of dummy-schrub, that will let the game believe the biome has edable fruit, but wont show up in the game anyway.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: November 21, 2023, 01:26:55 pm »

Seems to be the game just doesn't let them grow above a certain point. A dummy shrub isn't necessary.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: November 22, 2023, 03:40:07 am »

Does anyone know if it's possible to create organic products through building reactions, like if I wanted a smelter to produce wheat beer or cow milk? Reactions using stuff like that as inputs tend to be generic with initial syntax and then specify reaction classes or the like, which doesn't work if I need a bucket of elf blood specifically and not a generic MISC_LIQUID.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: November 22, 2023, 04:33:24 am »

Does anyone know if it's possible to create organic products through building reactions, like if I wanted a smelter to produce wheat beer or cow milk? Reactions using stuff like that as inputs tend to be generic with initial syntax and then specify reaction classes or the like, which doesn't work if I need a bucket of elf blood specifically and not a generic MISC_LIQUID.

You would in fact want LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:ELF:BLOOD with PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150

reaction classes are used to take an input of any species, like a capybara raw hide, and produce an output linked to that same species, like capybara parchment. If you only want to output the same thing everytime, you can just use CREATURE_MAT: or PLANT_MAT:, the ID of the species you want to pull from, and then the material ID from the species' definition. It has to be a material defined in thar species' raws though, like you can't produce elf scales until you add at least USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE to the elf raws (you don't have to incorporate the material anywhere like in a tissue layer for reactions to call on it, the material just has to be added to the creature by a body detail plan or the prior example.)

Disclaimer; I'm posting from my phone and could have messed up any of those strings. Your milage may vary.
I make Spellcrafts!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: November 22, 2023, 03:51:33 pm »

Thanks, that worked perfectly! I was likewise able to use [PRODUCT:100:1:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:RYE:DRINK][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150] to get rye beer. These will enable many shenanigans.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: January 03, 2024, 02:12:48 pm »

Im trying to update some of Taffer's old stuff and im hitting a roadblock.

You can't use [select] on c_variation_default, so how do you edit broadly animal people?  For example, to add [CV_REMOVE_TAG:LAYS_EGGS] so animal people don't lay eggs.

Or to edit an attack like TALON_SCRATCH_ATTACK to make it deadlier

You can't even cut and replace this file without cutting the entire creature folder it looks like??? or am I misunderstanding?
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: January 03, 2024, 02:26:25 pm »

You should be able to cut it, but since it and the creatures it modifies are in the same file, your changes wont take effect. You have to cut all the animal people individually and re-add them after a new creature variation file. As long as your mod loads right after the vanilla creatures it should effectively replace them with no additional issues. Well, maybe graphical issues, so it should probably go between the creature definitions and graphics.
I make Spellcrafts!

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: January 03, 2024, 05:33:25 pm »

Will that make my mod incompatible with any mod that changes animal people or any of the creature files?

thanks for the answer
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: January 03, 2024, 08:19:11 pm »

It will be incompatible if they also delete the animal people and re-add them, since that would then override your/their changes (depending on load order) but if they just add something or remove a specific tag, it will probably be compatible. If they rely on the creature variations and youve deleted them without adding a replacement, their mod will fail, and if you readded the creature variations with changes, their mod should use your modified variations.
I make Spellcrafts!

CohentheBarbarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: January 05, 2024, 09:17:57 pm »

hi team.
im having a problem making metal threads, my goal is to have dwarfs be able to have clothes made out of their fave metal cloth.
can anyone see where im going wrong?

it makes thread (too much thread actually), which wont make cloth. it says missing stone thread at the loom.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CohentheBarbarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: January 05, 2024, 10:14:12 pm »

hi team.
im having a problem making metal threads, my goal is to have dwarfs be able to have clothes made out of their fave metal cloth.
can anyone see where im going wrong?

it makes thread (too much thread actually), which wont make cloth. it says missing stone thread at the loom.

DONT PANIC EVERONE!!!
i got it. :D

ArrowheadArcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Obsessed with !!Carp!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: January 11, 2024, 05:09:04 pm »

Code: [Select]

entity_dwarfworld

[OBJECT:ENTITY]

entity_default

[CUT_ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]
[CUT_ENTITY:FOREST]
[CUT_ENTITY:PLAINS]
[CUT_ENTITY:EVIL]
[CUT_ENTITY:SKULKING]

From entity_dwarfworld, in my Dwarfworld mod. I keep seeing MOUNTAIN, FOREST, PLAINS, and EVIL entities. In other words, there are still goblins, humans, and elves in worlds, even though their entities are not in use or are being skipped by my mod.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 372