Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682656 times)

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5310 on: September 05, 2023, 05:52:46 am »

https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Material_definition_token#STATE_COLOR
Yeah that's the weird thing I've set every single thing to do the color to what i want but it still goes to Orange for some reason I'm not sure why it's hooking on Orange I've got color working in every thing else
And no errors in log 😭
Also I'm not sure how the heck I did it but somehow I generated a world where forgotten beasts made fortresses and when I tried to embark to one as a site controllable entity the game crashed I was excited
Found what I could only describe as an interesting bug if you take a creature file and put about 50 creatures in it in a row and make them all mega beasts it makes the game do some pretty funny stuff like I had three fortresses that were built by forgotten beasts and when I tried to embark to them the game crashed 😂

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: September 05, 2023, 05:53:35 am »

Is it possible to set a creatures beliefs in the raws?
I know I can set a facet. however this is in a range of 0-100 and beliefs are in a range of -50 - +50.

So, does this work?
[PERSONALITY:LAW:0:45:100]

or this?
[PERSONALITY:LAW:-50:10:50]

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5312 on: September 05, 2023, 06:50:55 am »

Is it possible to set a creatures beliefs in the raws?
I know I can set a facet. however this is in a range of 0-100 and beliefs are in a range of -50 - +50.

So, does this work?
[PERSONALITY:LAW:0:45:100]

or this?
[PERSONALITY:LAW:-50:10:50]

You can't directly set them but, Beliefs are also influenced by cultural values via the use of the VALUE entity token. For example, dwarven civilizations hold craftsdwarfship in the highest regard, whereas goblins hold the ideas of fairness and sacrifice in utter disdain. (From the wiki)

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5313 on: September 05, 2023, 07:06:20 am »

why is this orange :D :( its driving me nuts :D the creature shoots it a lot but its all orange
the inorganic
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
the material
the cdi on the creature

joostheger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: September 05, 2023, 04:18:54 pm »

Think i know. Check the folder vanilla_environment and then the flow-files. Colors are not modeble per material.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5315 on: September 05, 2023, 04:48:04 pm »

Think i know. Check the folder vanilla_environment and then the flow-files. Colors are not modeble per material.
Yup it's magma spatter nice 😞
Thank you wasn't the answer I wanted but thanks I can rest knowing I wasn't crazy

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: September 05, 2023, 07:22:37 pm »

I mostly really want customizable sites. e.g giving my gnolls primitive huts around a campfire instead of cities. Or clusters of burrows for my foxfolk. Things like that.

Might be a pain to make RAW-able which I guess is part of the reason site modding is lackluster to say the least rn.

Just a wishlist at the moment, sites are entirely off limits because of the limited scope of RAW tokens, I wish i could say otherwise but you'll have to wait for Toady to catch up on the roadplan, which is already probably going to happen after the map rewrite getting into laws and civilizations.

I think the steam workshop format not being great for detailed feedback compared to the forums, and the simultaneous orphaning of DFFD files in the 2022 database collapse generally lost a lot of good archival reference, and a few other things contributed to people not coming back to the modding community to either update their mods, or keep up the quality of new ones.
Yeah I know, that's what I said in my previous post about wanting a moddability arc.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5317 on: September 06, 2023, 09:42:52 am »

Noticed that world gen crashes if you make an entity with [noeat],[nosleep] can any one confirm this ?

To be more clear it crashes with history over 5 years

On v50

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: September 06, 2023, 12:17:11 pm »

Noticed that world gen crashes if you make an entity with [noeat],[nosleep] can any one confirm this ?

On v50

Making a entity CTD can be very specific in its token application, no_eat and [PERMITTED_JOB:<*fishing jobs, i can't remember the exact one>] is a typically well known bug from older versions (v47.05 etc) predating v50. Id check your errorlog too.

It shouldn't be too wide a issue in v50. anyway though to simply omit fishing to prevent the bug, because entity level jobs don't apply to the fortress mode labors like 47.05 (all races can do all jobs as long as they have the required materials to build the workshops), they just determine the possible incoming migrant skills you can get and the entity's products for trade.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 12:19:49 pm by FantasticDorf »

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5319 on: September 06, 2023, 07:56:06 pm »

On v50

Making a entity CTD can be very specific in its token application, no_eat and [PERMITTED_JOB:<*fishing jobs, i can't remember the exact one>] is a typically well known bug from older versions (v47.05 etc) predating v50. Id check your errorlog too.

It shouldn't be too wide a issue in v50. anyway though to simply omit fishing to prevent the bug, because entity level jobs don't apply to the fortress mode labors like 47.05 (all races can do all jobs as long as they have the required materials to build the workshops), they just determine the possible incoming migrant skills you can get and the entity's products for trade.

Error log was clean, hmm weird cuz I just copied a goblin template and  not sure why it crashed all I know is I removed  [noeat] [nosleep] from the creature and it works normally now

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5320 on: September 06, 2023, 08:03:33 pm »

Oof complex question inbound

For a custom reaction how do I specify the specific amount of a stack of item from a stack of items

Example: I have a stack of 100 fish I need 50 of those fish for a reaction how do I target just 50 of the 100

As it stands at the present dwarfs take entire stacks and use them for reactions :(

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: September 06, 2023, 08:38:15 pm »

Define the quantity you want to use, and then at the end of the reagent add [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]. It should then use 50, and leave behind whatever the remainder of the stack is.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5322 on: September 06, 2023, 10:41:35 pm »

Define the quantity you want to use, and then at the end of the reagent add [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]. It should then use 50, and leave behind whatever the remainder of the stack is.

Okay 👌 that works, thank you got every thing working swimmingly ,🤩
 I also wasn't referencing a material properly 🫠 was a big problem 🤣 needed reaction_class tag

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5323 on: September 07, 2023, 08:06:08 pm »

How exactly do you manipulate the wild animal population I've set the population number incredibly high with big cluster number with just about every biome any tag and they are not appearing at all ??
I got it working guess I was being impatient
Setting cluster size to 1000 made my monster sure appear fast and swarmed the entire map fairly quickly 🤣🤣
Also I think I had conflicting biome tags I removed all but the tags the creature wild_boar has and it's working great

aradar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary bullshitter
    • View Profile
    • my steam workshop
« Reply #5324 on: September 10, 2023, 08:27:08 pm »

For a little clarity sake I know what the error is about I just don't understand why the error is happening

What exactly does the error creature duplicate mean like what is that  referring to
All 5 are custom creature
I have 5 creature all spawning in as wild life all set up the same but with different cluster number but one of them makes an error

Creature duplicate creature name .... Not sure what's happening where creature name is the name of my creature
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 372