Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682367 times)

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4680 on: June 12, 2020, 04:09:23 am »

A little while back, I needed help with defining animals in my dwarf civs, I've been having a little trouble with that lately, ever since I tried to implement this enormous, venomous, but gentle underground snake. No matter how many times I've tweaked it, I can't seem to get them available on embark when I generate a test world. Anyone know why? (I know some stuff is weird, it's mostly placeholders and other modded things, I don't get any errorlog reports btw)

Creature_Domestic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And Entity_Default:

Anyone know how to fix it?
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4681 on: June 13, 2020, 05:31:15 am »

If remove amphibious, underswim, and biome:chasm, and put biome:mountain, does it appear then?

My Pekyt cavesheep do work on embark with
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: June 15, 2020, 01:20:34 pm »

How prevent vomiting of injured creature? Without removing guts.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: June 15, 2020, 01:38:02 pm »

I think you can use [NONAUSEA] for that.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: June 15, 2020, 02:13:48 pm »

How make creature that regenerate lost body parts?

Madde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: June 16, 2020, 09:37:37 am »

I've noticed that wagons (the creature) have COMMON_DOMESTIC among its tags. Does this mean that a custom entity without COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET can have its own unique kind of wagon defined, or are the default kind of trade wagons hardcoded to appear if the civ has access to a wagon puller animal?

My plagueweaver civ would be really complete with a stylish caravan made out of the bones of their enemies  :D

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: June 16, 2020, 10:48:32 am »

heh, iirc there is a creature token to define a wagon, but I think there's some hardcoding issues.

could try defining a [x-bone] wagon and giving it exclusively to your civ, but I doubt you can get them to just make various flavors of wagon
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: June 16, 2020, 11:05:21 am »

I've noticed that wagons (the creature) have COMMON_DOMESTIC among its tags. Does this mean that a custom entity without COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET can have its own unique kind of wagon defined, or are the default kind of trade wagons hardcoded to appear if the civ has access to a wagon puller animal?

My plagueweaver civ would be really complete with a stylish caravan made out of the bones of their enemies  :D
Do your civ use evil animals? You can add EVIL token to bone wagon.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: June 16, 2020, 12:33:08 pm »

Does CV_REMOVE_TAG remove all instances of the tag, or only the first one it finds?

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: June 16, 2020, 01:05:21 pm »

How make entity that have no cheap metals (like copper), but have a lot of divine metals and/or 'cottoncandy'?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4690 on: June 17, 2020, 10:28:01 am »

How make creature that regenerate lost body parts?
Armok mod's wolverine has limb regeneration, check it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/fd6ahj/armok_40_the_unstoppable_armok/
DFFD is down at the moment?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: June 17, 2020, 10:38:38 am »

its on and off.  try later.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: June 18, 2020, 09:06:40 am »

I add SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER and NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER to kobolds for testing purposes. Why they don't spread evil surroundings and don't create experiments?

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: June 22, 2020, 07:36:47 am »

Does anyone know the upper limits of [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER]? And does [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER] conflicts with regular [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER]? I'm trying to make a creature using GENERAL to make it immune to everything except one specific material.

I add SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER and NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER to kobolds for testing purposes. Why they don't spread evil surroundings and don't create experiments?

My guess is that kobold caves are hidden from world view and can't spread evil because it would reveal its location. If kobolds could build towers for example, they may be able to spread evil from there. Experimenter may be the same but I'm not sure why.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: June 22, 2020, 05:15:06 pm »

Does anyone know the upper limits of [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER]? And does [GENERAL_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER] conflicts with regular [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER]? I'm trying to make a creature using GENERAL to make it immune to everything except one specific material.

I change site type to PLAYER_FORTRESS, so they build hillocks everywhere, but don't spread evil and create experiments.

My guess is that kobold caves are hidden from world view and can't spread evil because it would reveal its location. If kobolds could build towers for example, they may be able to spread evil from there. Experimenter may be the same but I'm not sure why.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 372