Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 682785 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4515 on: April 22, 2020, 08:03:24 am »

If I add pack animals and wagon pullers to goblins, generate big world, embark around friendly goblin civ and trade with their caravan, will I buy caged trolls?
You need to make goblins friendly too. Either remove Baby_snatcher tag or add Baby_snatcher to your dwarves (will make you hostile to elf and human civs).
In really big world I have goblin caravans without babysnatcher tweaking. My question was different: will goblins sell trolls or not?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: April 22, 2020, 08:33:20 am »

If I add pack animals and wagon pullers to goblins, generate big world, embark around friendly goblin civ and trade with their caravan, will I buy caged trolls?
You need to make goblins friendly too. Either remove Baby_snatcher tag or add Baby_snatcher to your dwarves (will make you hostile to elf and human civs).
In really big world I have goblin caravans without babysnatcher tweaking. My question was different: will goblins sell trolls or not?
No, you don't. You might have an outpost liasion who is a goblin, but without modding, you don't have friendly goblin caravans. So, assuming you are getting actual goblin caravans, then it depends entirely on your mod and what changes have been made to goblins. The answer can only be "maybe".

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: April 22, 2020, 04:22:43 pm »

No, you don't. You might have an outpost liasion who is a goblin, but without modding, you don't have friendly goblin caravans. So, assuming you are getting actual goblin caravans, then it depends entirely on your mod and what changes have been made to goblins. The answer can only be "maybe".
I only add [ANIMAL] definition, so goblins use beak dogs as wagon pullers and pack animals. All other stay as in vanilla.

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: April 23, 2020, 01:11:27 am »

I've made a creature from obsidian and gave it dragonfire, but it gets damaged by it.
I added this, but it all appears in the errorlog as an "unrecognised creature token":
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This was copied from the dragon's raws.
This is the tissue that the whole creature is made from:

What can I do to fix it?
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: April 23, 2020, 01:30:55 am »

Use the tag [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER] on the creature. Makes it immune to dragonfire.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: April 23, 2020, 02:04:10 am »

It does have that... I reckon I know what caused it now! I just assumed it was melting itself. Cheers
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4521 on: April 23, 2020, 04:03:58 am »

It doesnt, its just an AI switch that makes a creature think its safe to path through dragonfire. Same with [FIREIMMUNE], only for normal fire.

What grants dragonfire immunity are these lines from the dragon raws:
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
      [COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
      [HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
      [IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:55000]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:57000]
      [SPEC_HEAT:30000]
   [SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
    [PLUS_MATERIAL:PUS]
      [MELTING_POINT:10000]

Would also need to add [PLUS_MATERIAL] for sweat, tears, etc. other liquid stuff so their melting point is 10000 rather than 55000 - for gases one would use BOILING_POINT:10000 instead. I generally also use fixed temp with the liquids, I noticed for some extracts it just bypasses the MELTING_POINT:10000 stuff and makes superheated spit or the like.

I'd reckon the unrecognized creature token stuff is from the [SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD] lines, provided of course the creature doesn't have blood.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 04:05:39 am by ZM5 »

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: April 23, 2020, 08:13:49 am »

It doesnt, its just an AI switch that makes a creature think its safe to path through dragonfire. Same with [FIREIMMUNE], only for normal fire.

Would also need to add [PLUS_MATERIAL] for sweat, tears, etc. other liquid stuff so their melting point is 10000 rather than 55000 - for gases one would use BOILING_POINT:10000 instead. I generally also use fixed temp with the liquids, I noticed for some extracts it just bypasses the MELTING_POINT:10000 stuff and makes superheated spit or the like.

I'd reckon the unrecognized creature token stuff is from the [SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD] lines, provided of course the creature doesn't have blood.
Will this work for inorganic materials of creature? Example, if I want dragon with bronze scales.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4523 on: April 23, 2020, 10:20:16 am »

Will this work for inorganic materials of creature? Example, if I want dragon with bronze scales.
For inorganic materials, I'd say no since its counted as a separate material. You'd need to define a new tissue+material combination within the creature for it to be affected.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: April 24, 2020, 08:43:30 am »

Is there a way to make a creature that spits liquid globs of freezing liquid? MAT_FIXED_TEMP seems wonky and I don't think it does the trick.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: April 24, 2020, 12:34:12 pm »

Is there a way to make a creature that spits liquid globs of freezing liquid? MAT_FIXED_TEMP seems wonky and I don't think it does the trick.
Melting temperature of the material must be very low, 9800 example.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: April 24, 2020, 04:02:51 pm »

I've been using this;

It's super-effective, against all known life forms, pretty much. The syndrome is virtually useless, they freeze out of existence anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Germanicus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: April 24, 2020, 11:33:32 pm »

Is there a way to make a Creature that reproduces using other Creatures? I want to make Goblins that kidnap other civilized creatures to reproduce with, ala the Goblin Slayer anime.

I have had success by making them Night Creatures, but I'd prefer if Goblin females didn't exist at all.

Also, is there a way I can keep Goblins from joining other Civs without giving them [UTTERANCES]? If I combine Night Creature and UTTERANCES they seem to stop kidnapping other creatures for mating.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4528 on: April 25, 2020, 02:36:57 am »

Is there a way to make a Creature that reproduces using other Creatures? I want to make Goblins that kidnap other civilized creatures to reproduce with, ala the Goblin Slayer anime.

I have had success by making them Night Creatures, but I'd prefer if Goblin females didn't exist at all.

Also, is there a way I can keep Goblins from joining other Civs without giving them [UTTERANCES]? If I combine Night Creature and UTTERANCES they seem to stop kidnapping other creatures for mating.
There isn't currently, unfortunately, especially since night troll behavior only works with "wild" creatures and not civilized ones. For civs it needs both males and females.
For night trolls you can atleast change the caste name, symbol, description and size of the female caste, maybe give it some different properties i.e renaming it to a generic "breeder" which lacks LARGE_PREDATOR. That said they wouldn't be as numerous that way, since iirc with night trolls only one or two spawn to begin with. Maybe they'd appear in the wild still with the proper tokens, but I haven't messed enough with it.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: April 25, 2020, 05:16:20 am »

I've been using this;

It's super-effective, against all known life forms, pretty much. The syndrome is virtually useless, they freeze out of existence anyway.
Doesn't seem to work... I used the raws for water as the template, maybe that's why. Can you provide the SPECIAL_WATER_SPRAY_TEMPLATE?

Nevermind, I tinkered with it a little, lowered the temperatures and all, now it works. Thanks for the idea!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 08:11:18 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 372