Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 685656 times)

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3405 on: February 27, 2019, 10:55:37 am »

How would you make your guys immune to the morale penalty from seeing dead bodies? It's cost me 2 fortresses so far :(

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: February 27, 2019, 01:30:54 pm »

How would you make your guys immune to the morale penalty from seeing dead bodies? It's cost me 2 fortresses so far :(
You could try lowering their DEPRESSION_PROPENSITY, STRESS_VULNERABILITY, and EMOTIONALLY_OBSESSIVE ranges and raising their BRAVERY. Or if you just want them to stop having mental breakdowns whenever they walk past a corpse stockpile, give them [NATURAL_SKILL:DISCIPLINE:15].
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: February 28, 2019, 10:21:52 am »

I believe you need at least two tissue layers in order to be able to butcher something and get a product from it.

Thanks Eric Blank, I will try playing with it to let it give multiple plant-looking butchering results, I'll be back with more uestions on it later.

For now, I am here with questions on another creature.

1) Would adding this:
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TALON:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:TALON:TALON_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_TYPE:STANCE:TALON]
      [TL_RELATIVE_THICKNESS:3]
be enough to add a layer of "talon" on the feet of a GCS?

2) Is Nail the best "natural" material for an edged natural attack? Would Bone or Chitine be a better choice? (this crature is a webless, poisonless, kicking spider, and I'd like its attack to be working good against any naked body, but be much less scary against armored opponents, without making the animal overpowered)

3) While we are at it: how can I control that a creature has all of its intended body layers and body parts, and works as designed?
I don't do much modding, but when I do you can use anything I did for Dwarf Fortress in any non-commercial project. Let me know if you did, you'll make me happy!

Rhenaya's Drow mod forum page

seht

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: February 28, 2019, 10:18:18 pm »

I've noticed that some animal people have ATTACK_FLAG_INDEPENDENT_MULTIATTACK under their body size and appearance parameters, rather than just in their kick attacks like usual. Does this mean that every multiattack they use is at a penalty? I'm not sure if any non-playable creatures have it, the animals that the above animal people are derived from don't seem to.

Usually it's the winged or enormous that have it, so I thought it might be some unknown balancing thing, but the camel men have two of this flag each, for whatever reason

Ceques

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: March 01, 2019, 05:42:36 am »

Hi all, I've been trying to mod a creature that has a kind of thin skin 'sack' attached to it, with an organ inside. This all works perfectly - when the sack is removed, the creature (if it's still alive) reports that both the sack and the organ are missing (good!). However, if I butcher the sack (which has a relative thickness of 1 muscle:3 skin), I get only the muscle and the skin. I don't see the organ anywhere.

I've tried making the organ external to the sack for testing purposes, and I can indeed remove it and have it as an individual object with the desired material. It just seems that while it's internal it is impossible to get.

Any ideas?

JPapas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: March 01, 2019, 09:08:56 am »

Having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around changing the sizes of animal people. If I just put a BODY_SIZE token later in the raw of the specific animal person, will that override the gravitate body size that's appointed by the creature variant?

BKWM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: March 03, 2019, 04:52:48 am »

I have been working on modding in a race of ants who use beetles as pack animals. They work fine, their hands work, they can use tools, i can equip them weapons and the like. The beetles work fine (after I remembered to give them brains, took me hours to figure that one out  ::) ) But when the ants come to trade, the merchants don't lead the beetles to the depot. The beetles wander over separately and never get unloaded. They unload the wagons in the usual half a day or so. Never the accompanying pack animals. I used DFHack to make them hang around for a year, and "My apologies, but we're still unloading. We'll be ready soon." still displays. Interesting definition of soon, Ramul. I used DFHack to kill the offending pack animals, and then to make the caravan return, and they are now ready to trade, so trading theoretically works. I don't think killing the poor beetles is a good long term solution here.

What is going on?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: March 03, 2019, 04:40:08 pm »

Do the beetles have both pet and pack animal tags or did you force them to be pack animals through the entity only? Thats the only thing i can think of that could be related.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BKWM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: March 04, 2019, 03:44:39 pm »

I found it. Twice actually. I gave the beetles necks, and removed natural skill climbing from the ants. Giving the beetles necks caused the merchants to lead them, then try to climb a tree or drag the poor beetle through a pond (even though neither the ants nor the beetles can swim, but whatever, dwarves don't know what fire is so it's not like these things are intelligent regardless of what the raws say) both of which caused them to let go of their beetles, and once they have let go there is nothing I can find that will make the ants grab the beetles again. So now my traders are working properly.

Also, yeah the beetles had the pet tag before, they are basically copy-paste-edit horses. Which is how I found this. I went through and reverted things in the beetles one at a time back to the way horses are, and when I added necks, boom they worked. Up until the aforementioned ponds/trees.

Interestingly, I only added necks to one of the two kinds of beetles, neither of which worked before, and both of which work now. No idea what's going on there, but hey they work now.

Hetsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: March 08, 2019, 07:19:00 pm »

Is there a way to remove a specific attack via creature variations? This, with a creature containing an [ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:SKULL:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH] already results in 2 bite attacks available:

Code: [Select]
[CV_REMOVE_TAG:ATTACK|BITE]

[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:SKULL:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_VELOCITY_MODIFIER:100]
[CV_NEW_TAG:ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]

Edit: Derp. Changing [CV_REMOVE_TAG:ATTACK|BITE] to [CV_REMOVE_TAG:ATTACK:BITE] made it work. Seems inconsistent with the CV_CONVERT tags, but whatever
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 06:59:05 pm by Hetsin »

that_eye

• Bay Watcher
  • admires eyeballs for their looks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: March 10, 2019, 01:24:04 am »

Hey guys, I have a creature that is using push attacks despite it having 21 heads, mouth, and generic teeth with fangs. Why isn't it biting? It is still insanely lethal with just a push attack (being roughly bronze-colossus-sized and having a tissue made of ectoplasm, basically steel) but for the flavor I want it to last out with numerous biting heads.

Here is my creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here is an image of the creature I'm basing this on:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For reference, CALLER_IN_DARKNESS_BODY is BASIC_2PART_BODY mixed with 7HEADNECKS (times three) that have slightly adjusted relative sized, and its tissue (TE_PSIONIC_ECTOPLASM) is just copied from steel

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: March 10, 2019, 01:41:47 am »

No brain? Give it NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT.

that_eye

• Bay Watcher
  • admires eyeballs for their looks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: March 10, 2019, 01:59:14 am »

No brain? Give it NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT.

That's exactly what fixed it, thanks.

I figured it wouldn't need that since it was already jumping around and whatnot

Deus_Vult

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: March 12, 2019, 11:15:44 pm »

I am fairly new to worldgen\creature and entity stuff. But, I've been playing around creating evil worlds, and I noticed that nobody settles in evil biomes except gobbos (even that I'm not sure). How do I make civilizations, and particularly dwarven to be able to settle in evil biomes?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:22:15 pm by Deus_Vult »

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: March 13, 2019, 12:24:22 am »

Try giving dwarf creatures (or whoever) the [EVIL] token.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 372