Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 685897 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3255 on: July 29, 2018, 05:15:58 pm »

yeah I'm getting the same crash when butchering tester 2 in fort mode, and of course arena mode works fine. Have you noticed that anything else using the tissues/materials also crashes the game when butchered, sentient and not sentient

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: July 29, 2018, 05:19:42 pm »

All I know is that butchering sentients that contain non-local globs/meat (but not bones) will crash the game or create unknown frozen substance. These BDPs are made specifically to avoid that, so...

Herodian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: July 29, 2018, 05:40:17 pm »

Folks, does anyone know if [SKILL_LEARN_RATES:{percentage}] applied to all skills for a certain caste overrides specific [SKILL_LEARN_RATE]s set for that caste?
The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold;
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-dûm.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: July 29, 2018, 06:49:00 pm »

the second one overrides the first

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: July 30, 2018, 12:53:31 am »

All I know is that butchering sentients that contain non-local globs/meat (but not bones) will crash the game or create unknown frozen substance. These BDPs are made specifically to avoid that, so...

I might have to do some testing with my generic material setup, and see if I can convert yours into my setup and see if I get the crash still. might take be a few days.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: July 30, 2018, 05:01:04 pm »

I've made it work by making ALL the sapient creatures' materials locally-declared.

Well... I hope that there's still some speed gain from this.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: July 30, 2018, 05:07:22 pm »

I've made it work by making ALL the sapient creatures' materials locally-declared.

Well... I hope that there's still some speed gain from this.

I think cutting down on a majority of animal materials will speed it up a lot, RNG and Plants will eat up quite a bit still, but that's something you don't have much control over (RNG is RNG after all, and Plants (food and the like) need to be unique to function correctly. Wood, Leaves, and other misc unused materials can probably be generalized.

But if my Generic Material framework works without crashes then I'll see what I can do to help you get that working for FiM, might need to make some custom features in it but should be doable if it works for me.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: July 30, 2018, 07:48:34 pm »

Just found out that using INORGANIC materials in tissues spoils the entire caste, as well. I think.
no, that's wrong.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:14:48 am by Valikdu »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: July 30, 2018, 08:35:40 pm »

Just found out that using INORGANIC materials in tissues spoils the entire caste, as well. I think.

define "spoils"

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: July 30, 2018, 08:46:49 pm »

I think he's just got the generic and tissue stuff too complicated that things are crossing wires and being unhappy

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: July 31, 2018, 08:03:46 am »

Mhm... I have a new hypothesis.

Maybe if you declare materials or tissues with same names, inside various castes, several times, it stops working.

It still works I have 2 test-castes with the same materials and tissues, but if I make 5, then literally everything turns into forgotten beast extracts and unknown substances.
actually no, it will probably turn into forgotten beast extract chops anyway after one repeat.

If it's just one kind of tissue or material, then it's just that one that's affected.

[UPD] Everything's okay if you make just one declaration, using any number of [SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE]. So... I'm gonna have to look though all the creatures and look for multi-declarations, aren't I.

[P.S.] Elsewhere-declared globs in intelligent creatures still don't work, that's a different problem. I had an intelligent and an unintelligent test-caste with literally the same composition (using elsewhere-declared materials), differing only in [INTELLIGENT], butchered. Second was OK, first was a pile of BS.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:20:43 pm by Valikdu »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: July 31, 2018, 01:53:47 pm »

I figured the re adding of the same tissue I'd would cause issues just I had. To shift through a lot of your raws

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: July 31, 2018, 10:01:25 pm »

Mhm... I have a new hypothesis.

Maybe if you declare materials or tissues with same names, inside various castes, several times, it stops working.

i could've told you that; tissues and materials are creature-level, not caste level; you can see how to work around this in fortbent, which has blood colors for each caste

DaStormDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: September 03, 2018, 02:54:15 pm »

Is there a way (probably using dfhack) to make an interaction need to be performed regularly or it triggers a syndrome?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: September 03, 2018, 05:18:45 pm »

I cant think of a good way to do it, but you could have a syndrome that is in effect at all times, and the interaction gives immunity to its symptoms. Like the syndrome causes nonstop nausea, and the interaction gives the creature the nonausea tag. But im not sure how that would turn out, like the syndrome symptoms could continue to be in effect even though the interaction has been run, until something slaps the critter to make it rethink its wound status.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 372