Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686440 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2580 on: May 03, 2017, 07:16:48 pm »

- I have no idea what the PROGRESS_TRIGGER tokens do ???

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token#PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION

simple 3 triggers for the civilization to visit others, 3 triggers for the civilization to seige other civs.  option is 0 to 5.  0 disables the progress trigger, 1 is the shortest and 5 is the longest.  basically pop targets are 20,50,80,110,& 140 and production/trade targets are 5k,25k,100k,200k,& 300k.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: May 03, 2017, 09:58:23 pm »

@Marxdorf

1- no multirace civs, sorry
2- sites are hardcoded stuff, so no

Dunno about the rest, sorry
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: May 04, 2017, 11:22:32 am »

@Legendary Marksdorf,  1) remove the settlement tokens from their raws. They'll still settle in hillocks, they just won't gen them.

2) You should also remove the reactions that allow them to make pig iron and mead, since primitive peoples probably wouldn't have been able to make either.

3) Caves, by default, never have workshops or anything. Try CAVE_DETAILED - it'll still be a cave, but it will have workshops and statues.

Finally, you might want to remove gem utters, since cave people probably only had rough gems.
I can't say I know the solutions to any other problems you've presented.

1) If I remove the settlement tokens, won't they also become unable to settle in new caves besides the one were the civ started ?

2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Age https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Age I was surprised too when I first learned about this, but turns out we've been able to make metal for a looooong time.

3) CAVE_DETAILED actually refers to Fortresses

Thanks for your help, though :)

- I have no idea what the PROGRESS_TRIGGER tokens do ???

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Entity_token#PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION

simple 3 triggers for the civilization to visit others, 3 triggers for the civilization to seige other civs.  option is 0 to 5.  0 disables the progress trigger, 1 is the shortest and 5 is the longest.  basically pop targets are 20,50,80,110,& 140 and production/trade targets are 5k,25k,100k,200k,& 300k.

Ah, thanks a bunch !

These still remain :

- It seems that the only cave animals they use are moles, and I'd like them to use other cave animals as well (maybe purring maggots to make milk, or cave crocs, or cave swallows for example). Is that possible ? (They already have USE_CAVE_ANIMALS) What tags are required on a creature to be able to be used by civs ? (Then again, it might be normal as I don't recall seeing more than 1 type of pet animal in other civs... And I only checked in one cave (they're bothersome to find))

- Can I make caves visible on the overworld map just by editing the raws (if possible, only caves that are inhabited by civilizations) ?

NEW : - Is it possible to make milk drinkable ? (I think rn civs only use milk for cheese), also what is required for a civ to be able to make cheese ?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:30:31 am by Legendary Marksdorf »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: May 04, 2017, 04:49:21 pm »

@Legendary Marksdorf,  1) remove the settlement tokens from their raws. They'll still settle in hillocks, they just won't gen them.

2) You should also remove the reactions that allow them to make pig iron and mead, since primitive peoples probably wouldn't have been able to make either.

3) Caves, by default, never have workshops or anything. Try CAVE_DETAILED - it'll still be a cave, but it will have workshops and statues.

Finally, you might want to remove gem utters, since cave people probably only had rough gems.

1) If I remove the settlement tokens, won't they also become unable to settle in new caves besides the one were the civ started ?

2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Age https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Age I was surprised too when I first learned about this, but turns out we've been able to make metal for a looooong time.

Actually, to pose a counter-response...

1. No. Settlement refers expressely to hillocks and hamlets - nothing else.
2. Sure, they would be able to make bronze and iron, but pig iron is something that wasn't discovered until around 300 B.C. in China, who by then were far past their primitive origins.
3. Oops. : p
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: May 04, 2017, 08:43:04 pm »

If you add multiple creatures to an entity then as it cycles through and places them it will go down the list, so you can have the same broad "mountain" civ which has one entity of dwarves, another of humans, a third of gobs, and then another dwarf one. They'll be friendly with each other due to sharing values and such but they won't actually be the same civ.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: May 05, 2017, 11:45:25 am »

Actually, to pose a counter-response...

1. No. Settlement refers expressely to hillocks and hamlets - nothing else.
2. Sure, they would be able to make bronze and iron, but pig iron is something that wasn't discovered until around 300 B.C. in China, who by then were far past their primitive origins.
3. Oops. : p

1) I just tested it, and they don't settle in caves during worldgen :/ More than that, they simply don't settle anywhere, staying only in their starting cave, which is weird considering elves also lack settlement tokens but they do settle in forests during worldgen. I guess I'll have to stick to using settlement tokens for now...

EDIT : Wait, nevermind ? I'm not really sure, running more tests rn.

2) Oh, ok then, I thought pig iron just meant "poor quality iron". Guess I'll remove that then !
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:04:25 pm by Legendary Marksdorf »

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: May 05, 2017, 12:33:48 pm »

Alright, seems I had forgotten to transfer over the creature raws when I updated to 43.05, which explains why kobolds wouldn't settle in other civs; they were lacking the CAN_SPEAK token. Although it seems the problem still remains : While more cave civs appear now, these are restrained to their starting cave and will not conquer other caves during worldgen... Well, guess that's as good as it gets. Btw, is there a way to make caves visible on the wolrdmap by default ?

For some reason, starting out at a cave as an adventurer will make you start in a completely empty cave; Which is weird, considering I've already visited a Kobold Cave (which I didn't spawn at) and it was bustling with life. Hm.

EDIT: Alright, I fixed the cave problem and they now properly settle in new caves during worldgen (at least I think so ?)
However the empty cave problem remains, and it's really really weird. Anyone got an idea of why it's doing that ?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:12:52 pm by Legendary Marksdorf »

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: May 05, 2017, 06:49:58 pm »

Small dumb question - where are unicorns in the raws? I am having the worst trouble finding them...
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: May 05, 2017, 07:05:06 pm »

Does anybody have recent information regarding whether or not CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER works correctly when applied through material or interaction syndromes? I've been messing with it quite a bit with my mods but cant for the life of me tell the difference between a creature that takes triple the force from a material or 1/3 the force, and frankly I'm wondering if it's just not working
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: May 06, 2017, 03:04:41 am »

Small dumb question - where are unicorns in the raws? I am having the worst trouble finding them...

when in doubt, ctrl-f inside creature_standard.txt

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: May 06, 2017, 12:53:20 pm »

Upon implementing a new civ, the game has begun rejecting almost every world in worldgen.
EDIT: Apparently that's because they can only start on freezing biomes and there's not always enough of them. Welp, not much I can do about that...

Here are the raws (for both the creature and the entity, as well as a weapon they use) :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 02:55:57 pm by Legendary Marksdorf »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: May 06, 2017, 06:15:04 pm »

Does anybody have recent information regarding whether or not CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER works correctly when applied through material or interaction syndromes? I've been messing with it quite a bit with my mods but cant for the life of me tell the difference between a creature that takes triple the force from a material or 1/3 the force, and frankly I'm wondering if it's just not working
Given the absurd shit I do with minecarts and launch that tends to explode most creatures and mangle the rest, if I wasn't running around with the 1/500th general damage reduction from various interactions working I'd probably notice.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: May 06, 2017, 07:22:16 pm »

Given the absurd shit I do with minecarts and launch that tends to explode most creatures and mangle the rest, if I wasn't running around with the 1/500th general damage reduction from various interactions working I'd probably notice.
You definitely think its working, then?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: May 06, 2017, 09:46:20 pm »

I'm trying to think of a reliable way to test and see if it wasn't, but like I said, sliding and bouncing across the ground after a hyperspeed minecart wipeout should give more than bruises if it wasn't working.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: May 06, 2017, 10:56:51 pm »

You definitely think its working, then?

It definitely works when applied through interaction syndromes.  To see this, try testing this reaction with and without the material force multiplier line:
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:KINETIC_BLAST]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:MATERIAL]
[IT_MATERIAL:CONTEXT_MATERIAL]
[I_TARGET:B:LOCATION]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION] <-- this is always the emitter for now
[I_TARGET:C:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:luckless target]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:C]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:kinetic grasp]
[SYN_CLASS:KINESIS]
[CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST:PERC:1:PERC_ON:100:START:0:END:1:DWF_STRETCH:72]
[CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:108:1:START:0:END:1:DWF_STRETCH:72]
[I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_TARGET:B]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]

Without the force multiplier, a material like chitin globs bruises muscles. With the multiplier, it splinters bones.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 372