Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683613 times)

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1995 on: August 01, 2016, 02:18:58 am »

I call bugs on this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still isn't working. Just says average in size or just incredible muscular when fully buffed. Wish the broad description thing would work as it somehow already works and yet none of my fixed values work. Somebody please help with this because I have no idea at this point and I've been trying to solve it for months now. All of my creatures are supposed to have fixed body values and body broadness mentioned in the descriptions and can't for the life of me use this brain of mine to figure out why the default randomization gets you the broad body description and my fixed values don't. Is that bug with descriptions still prevalent?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:26:36 am by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: August 03, 2016, 07:21:55 pm »

So I'm trying to make cats into adamantine... Do I need to make new templates for every tissue and then a new plan for that?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1997 on: August 03, 2016, 11:37:08 pm »

So I'm trying to make cats into adamantine... Do I need to make new templates for every tissue and then a new plan for that?
I got rock-tissue gargoyles, here's the relevant bit:
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:ROCKGAR]
[TISSUE_NAME:gabbro:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:GABBRO]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ROCKGAR]
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: August 05, 2016, 09:02:44 am »

Can you stick [LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES] on any wild animal? For example, could you put it on a brown bear and suddenly a brown bear shows up to join a fortress?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: August 05, 2016, 11:16:24 am »

To name raw files, do I pick the filename prefix based on the first tag of the raw?

So a file starting with "[Creature:Jotunn" tag could be named "creature_Jotunn.txt", and a file starting with "[Entity:Jotunn" could be named "entity_Jotunn.txt" and a file starting with "[Plant:Snowbulb" could be named "entity_Snowbulb.txt", right?

These are the filenames I'm using for Arctic Additions at the moment, if anyone wants to double check:
Spoiler: file listing (click to show/hide)

Thanks!

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: August 05, 2016, 01:07:26 pm »

Okay, I'm totally lost here. What am I doing wrong?

PIDGEY:Unrecognized Creature Token: STATE_NAME_ADJ
PIDGEY:Unrecognized Creature Token: STATE_NAME_ADJ
PIDGEY:Unrecognized Creature Token: PREFIX

It seems to be the same as the honey bee's material templates...

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: August 05, 2016, 02:09:13 pm »

Try taking the underscore out of FEATHER_PIDGEY.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: August 05, 2016, 07:23:32 pm »

I don't see how that would change anything unless FEATHERPIDGEY is also a thing.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: August 05, 2016, 08:31:14 pm »

To name raw files, do I pick the filename prefix based on the first tag of the raw?

So a file starting with "[Creature:Jotunn" tag could be named "creature_Jotunn.txt", and a file starting with "[Entity:Jotunn" could be named "entity_Jotunn.txt" and a file starting with "[Plant:Snowbulb" could be named "entity_Snowbulb.txt", right?

These are the filenames I'm using for Arctic Additions at the moment, if anyone wants to double check:
Spoiler: file listing (click to show/hide)

Thanks!
The prefix is required, and you can have any suffix you like so long as it is unique.  The easiest way to keep it unique is to base it on your mod's name so that it's unlikely to collide with anyone else's work.  The name on the first line ought to match the filename, but strictly speaking it will work even if they don't.

In very odd cases, most of which involve creature variations, you might care what order the raws parse.  Within a prefix-type, raws are processed in alphabetical order based on the name on the first line.  So, if you wanted to make an AERO mod that makes flying variants of a lot of vanilla creatures, you might need to use creature_z_AERO.txt, but in the vast majority of modding situations the name is just for identification.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: August 06, 2016, 10:54:50 am »

EDIT: Figured it out. : )
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 11:08:57 am by Managrimm »

mcbucko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: August 07, 2016, 12:01:44 pm »

Is it possible to set up tissues to either change color once a year or else grow long before becoming short again once a year? Or are both tissue growths and tissue color change a one way only thing?

I'm just trying to simulate seasonal color changes on a creature that can be seen in both adventure mode and fortress mode since transformations would be wonky in the former.

windre0

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Yes, I'd like a one way ticket to Flavour Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: August 07, 2016, 02:41:21 pm »

Basically I am trying to change the size of black mamba men to be the same size as dwarves. I looked in the creature_tropical_new.txt and noticed there was only body size parameters under the black mamba itself, not the black mamba man or large black mamba. Then i remembered that it works on a conversion table. I might sound stupid but i tried to do some math with the sizes of animals and such to see what the tables multiply by, but gave up because I want to change the black mamba man size itself without affecting the black mambas size.
"What?" ~ Ronald Reagan

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: August 07, 2016, 03:38:09 pm »

I'm having trouble getting syndrome breaths working- the interaction itself works, but the syndrome effects only happen for a split second.

Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong

here's the raws

This isn't even the first time this has happened: no syndrome breaths I give to any creature seem to work.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: August 07, 2016, 04:59:21 pm »

Is there a way to have a creature grow a fruit that can be periodically plucked?

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: August 07, 2016, 05:51:40 pm »

I'm having trouble getting syndrome breaths working- the interaction itself works, but the syndrome effects only happen for a split second.

Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong

here's the raws

This isn't even the first time this has happened: no syndrome breaths I give to any creature seem to work.

If I were to make a guess, perhaps the syndrome timing stuff is just too short.

Is there a way to have a creature grow a fruit that can be periodically plucked?

I don't think so, but you might be able to do something similar with eggs or unusual eggs or something like that.
Er, atleast I think that's right.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 372