Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 686118 times)

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1260 on: March 13, 2015, 01:11:29 pm »

oh, thank you.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 13, 2015, 01:33:05 pm »

Tissues are applied to bodyparts kind of like dipping a candle.  Whatever you add is layered on top of what is already there (though scaled so the total thickness stays the same).  To get just metal, you have to avoid applying the standard tissues... then you end up with one full-thickness layer of metallic stuff.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 13, 2015, 01:38:17 pm »

Thank you for the explanation. I got it to work by making a new creature instead of sticking it in the caste.

Zombiecow99

• Bay Watcher
  • ENEMIES! We Need Enemies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 13, 2015, 07:14:41 pm »

Well I made the Pixie but when i went to play on a new region it said data/save/region28/raw/objects/text/book_intruction.txt NOT FOUND. in a popup menu titles fatal error

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 13, 2015, 07:37:11 pm »

Did you edit a pre-existing save?

It sounds like you accidentally deleted the text folder in the raws, which contains text for books in-game.

Zombiecow99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 13, 2015, 07:40:44 pm »

turns out that region has no raws folder at all and no i dont think i edited a save

Zombiecow99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 13, 2015, 07:43:45 pm »

And any more worlds i try to make dont show up on start playing: fixed the error just copied and pasted the raws to the region: but i went to play adventure mode and it said something about failing to load nemesis
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:49:58 pm by Zombiecow99 »

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 14, 2015, 01:46:16 am »

Is it possible to change a creature's orientation using interactions?
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 14, 2015, 01:53:11 am »

No.

If it is not on the syndrome or interaction page on the wiki, it does not exist at all.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 14, 2015, 02:22:52 pm »

You can try, if you would like. I'm not certain how they would act, to be honest.

They just might not fly at all. Or they may end up stuck in trees and on ledges. More than usual, I mean.
IIRC, the pathfinding for fliers has a big FPS hit and therefore is limited to fairly short range, but works just fine within that range.  So if the entire fort is confined to a small area, meaning no one has to path outside that area to get wood or water or anything, fliers would occupy it as expected.  Though cramming everything in a tiny area is antithetical to how one would expect fliers to design a fort.  (No, I don't think Toady ever revealed what the exact range is for flier pathfinding.)
If you put in only flying gaits you will probably have a lot of extra lag and weirdness, but giving them a normal gait and a flying gait worked fine when I tried it, forts with them operated as I expected, with them running around doing stuff when going on foot is more efficient (their foot gait was faster than the flying one which may have helped, not sure how the ai checks time to get to a location vs distance to the location) and only flying where it was an option and even then not so much.

In adventure mode with a swarm of them following me as I ran around on foot (male caste couldn't fly, females could) they would buzz around and divebomb stuff like you'd expect, though I'm baffled at the way they can be in mid-air following me when I get to a river, I jump it, they stop in mid-air and just sit there, even though if you just keep running at a river while playing as one, you fly straight across without stopping.

Sometimes I did get one that would "roost" and get stuck in a tree but a quick wait or travel hop generally fixed it, worst case scenario I'd pull up advfort and fell the tree to get them out.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 15, 2015, 06:04:21 am »

Does [FEATURE_ATTACK_GROUP] tag still has any use?
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 15, 2015, 06:50:10 am »

No reason to assume it wouldn't. It's still right there in the vanilla raws and cave furries still act the same as ever.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 15, 2015, 07:44:52 am »

Oh god is that why crundles do that, never thought to check... now I'm trying to decide if it would be amazing or awful to add it to dorfs or gobs or cats or something...

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 15, 2015, 10:54:47 am »

No reason to assume it wouldn't. It's still right there in the vanilla raws and cave furries still act the same as ever.
Well, yeah, but no one can clearly say what does this tag doing.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Exodus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 15, 2015, 01:22:30 pm »

So, I successfully made a creature which successfully creates civilizations and whatnot.

One problem, when I'm adventuring as one and I try to wrestle something, I cannot use my hands or any part of my arms.
How do I fix this?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 372