Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armor Stands/Weapon Racks  (Read 3214 times)

chickenbaconranch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armor Stands/Weapon Racks
« on: May 21, 2012, 12:08:40 pm »

Hi guys, so I'm having some issues with my dwarves not using the armor stands and weapon racks I have made for them. I've tried a few different things to get it to work but to no avail. I've made a room full of weapon racks and stands, and used one of them to designate a barracks. I've toggled the squad eq. on for all my squads, and also toggled the "Over clothing" into "Replace clothing" in the military menu. According to the View Items in Buildings button ( t ) there is nothing on any of the racks or stands. So what gives?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Armor Stands/Weapon Racks
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 12:22:09 pm »

Use containers or cabinets instead. Armor racks and weapon racks don't exactly work as intended in current versions.

chickenbaconranch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 01:15:09 pm »

Cabinets and coffers arent working for me either :(

Bilanthri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 01:18:38 pm »

As far as I've seen, military storage does not work at all. The best solution currently is to set up personal bedrooms for your military dwarves that are next to your training hall and make sure each one has a chest and cabinet.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 01:40:10 pm »

As far as I've seen, military storage does not work at all. The best solution currently is to set up personal bedrooms for your military dwarves that are next to your training hall and make sure each one has a chest and cabinet.
That's a bummer, but good to know.  I designated one armory for each of my 8 squads, but after 2 years they were never used.  Turning them into generic weapon/armor/ammo stockpiles will have to do for now.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 03:46:59 pm »

Yeah, I use a chest to designate training areas (barracks), give each recruit a chest and cabinet in their room, and have a general armour/weapon/ammo stockpile right next to the training area for storage.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 07:50:54 pm »

I seriously have no idea where my military dorfs keep their weapons. I think they carry them around full-time. Even to the dining hall. Especially to the dining hall...

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 07:54:45 pm »

I seriously have no idea where my military dorfs keep their weapons. I think they carry them around full-time. Even to the dining hall. Especially to the dining hall...

I can confirm that every one of my soldiers carry their weapons everywhere.  It makes me all the more careful to not make them tantrum.

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 07:56:00 pm »

I can confirm that every one of my soldiers carry their weapons everywhere.  It makes me all the more careful to not try tomake them tantrum.

fixed

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 09:00:54 pm »

I'm pretty sure they only use fists and throw random objects when tantruming
if they go berserk however...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 01:11:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure they only use fists and throw random objects when tantruming
Urist McSwordmaster accidentally killed someone recently.

I beg to differ.