Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.10 Released  (Read 55450 times)

therealmarauder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.10 Released
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2012, 08:02:45 am »

Toady, I'm sorry for not posting this on the 34.08 thread. I don't think I ever communicated this desire, but I have wanted wagons or carts or boats or something like that for a very long time and when I opened the DF main page and saw you were working on mine carts, I was ecstatic. Thank you so much! I am going to have so much fun with this.

vidboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2012, 11:48:43 am »

I may be being thick here, but was the category "small rock" present in the stocks screen before the new release? I was just trying out the resized windows (which are great) and I noticed it at the bottom of the screen. I have 0 of them, whatever they are, so my guess is that they weren't in previous versions (it's a save from .09)

"Small rock" category is old, it was surely present in v.31.xx.

Yeah, I checked again and it is in previous versions. I guess I never noticed until the change in screen sizes put it in a very visible position.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2012, 04:17:13 am »

Is the hauling by collecting in carried containers already in this version?
It's on the devlog 04/02/2012, but i can't match it to any of the listed updates for the release.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2012, 04:38:45 am »

It's from a couple of versions back.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Lac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 02:38:07 pm »

Interesting, but I don't think it's intended as such? Well, the lack of 4 rows on the world view at least.
Vherid, did you see?:
The world map is smaller since it tends to grow in pops (I think so it samples uniform areas, the code is old).

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2012, 02:41:23 pm »

Unfortunately, I don't think Adventure Mode's travel screen is affected by the update D:
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

ZZmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 11:26:56 pm »

So I'm not sure it this is new but if you go in to the military screen and press Shift+N your game becomes irretrievably stuck on that screen and not even the quicksave plugin of dfhack could save me. :'( did it several times after i realized what i did to repeat it.
also the minecarts so much fun was had with them.
DK advisor quote was the message thingy of DF with: "Uric Glodson does a wonderful impression of the baron, he can even do the nose. He has been sentenced to 40 hammerstrikes for his insolence."

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2012, 09:28:03 pm »

Quote from: Toady One
•wall/floodgate/etc. builders often make more reasonable decisions about where to stand to avoid walling themselves in

Egads, no!

How will I be able to control them once they start thinking for themselves?
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2012, 09:33:25 pm »

•wall/floodgate/etc. builders often make more reasonable decisions about where to stand to avoid walling themselves in

Egads, no!

Hah.  You've read my mind!  I too fear that "often make more reasonable decisions" means "every once in a while, they'll fuck up so profoundly that you'll be helpless to fix it".
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2012, 03:25:20 am »

now we got thinking dorfs

shit just got real
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2012, 04:24:42 am »

Egads, no!

Hah.  You've read my mind!  I too fear that "often make more reasonable decisions" means "every once in a while, they'll fuck up so profoundly that you'll be helpless to fix it".

!!Fun!! happens, guys. Time to get used to it. !!Fun!! now comes in the form of dwarves that accidently the entire fort.

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2012, 09:51:58 pm »

Loving all the bug-fixes and feature tweaks!

I couldn't ask for anything more. Save perhaps for a working population cap. :P

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2012, 05:53:50 am »

could u explain these things to me?

Added ability to set up generic armor options in uniforms (like the ones the defaults have);
Stopped dwarves from looping between civ/squad equipment if they can't follow their orders;
Stopped aspects of the game from advancing when designations were placed;
Stopped adventurer from turning into an underground creature when in the ocean/etc.

thanks
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2012, 08:43:29 am »

could u explain these things to me?
thanks

Yes, I found one or two of these a bit confusing at first, but the bug tracker page has a more detailed breakdown that helps.

Added ability to set up generic armor options in uniforms (like the ones the defaults have);
The default armour sets (leather, metal etc.) have an option that says "Any helmet" or "Any leather helmet" etc. which wasn't available for players to use in their own custom sets.  It is now.

Stopped dwarves from looping between civ/squad equipment if they can't follow their orders;
I didn't know about this, but seems quite elf-explanatory.

Stopped aspects of the game from advancing when designations were placed;
The mantis tracker entry says...  While paused, placing designations causes cat adoptions, martial trances, liaison meeting/negotiations.  Sometimes you'd see a large list of announcements pop up when the game was paused, no longer!

Stopped adventurer from turning into an underground creature when in the ocean/etc.
Adv. Mode travel (near oceans) teleports player underground and turns them into an underground creature.  Hmm, can't say I ever experienced this one, but seems pretty freaky.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2012, 08:54:54 am »

made armor stop lack of clothing thoughts

This sounds... somewhat exploitable.  Put all your civilians in squads, and give them a uniform that's a mail shirt, leggings, and boots (and a helmet, because you were going to do that anyway).  Then they'll all wear the 3 critical armor pieces all the time, and they won't wear out, because armor doesn't wear out.  So... no need to make any more clothing, ever!

... except for the miners, woodcutters, and hunters.  Stupid bug #1451.

... oh, and except for the children, since you can't draft those.  I guess you'll still need clothes for them.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5