Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wagon explosions  (Read 1176 times)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wagon explosions
« on: May 21, 2012, 03:36:58 am »

Having Issues.

The embark wagon explodes immediately on embark.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Everything with the material seems ok to me. Is there anything that can cause this problem elsewhere?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Wagon explosions
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 03:39:13 am »

The embark wagon is made of a random wood that your civ can access, that includes all surface woods and anything that grows in depth 1.

If you have firewood (for example from the bonfire mod) that grows naturally, or any boiling/melting type of wood, that will be the issue.

I tried making poison-releasing mushrooms for cavern layer 1, and it lead to embark/traders using this type of evaporating wood for barrels and the wagon.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 03:45:33 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These are the only varieties of wood we are using but it still occurs. :( Maybe my civ cant access wood

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 03:46:14 am »

nope they have wood access

Code: [Select]
[OUTDOOR_WOOD]
[USE_MISC_PROCESSED_WOOD_PRODUCTS]

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 03:53:49 am »

It happens to me sometime randomly, most of the time its because they embark on a cliff or something.. no 3x3 tile to place the wagon it just go boom
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 04:07:24 am »

Ok just checked that, they still explode when they have enough room.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 04:13:07 am »

ok i figured it out. It was the lack of a [WOOD] tag on the wood material. I added it back in but then had exploding stone cargo in my test embark...... stupid. Took that off and bam its fixed

thanks for the fast replies