Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Roll to ADVENTURE  (Read 6968 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to ADVENTURE
« on: May 21, 2012, 03:22:58 am »

You are in a generic medieval tavern. Outside there is a generic medieval town. You are bored. You can feel it in the air. It is time for ADVENTURE.

Spoiler: Rules: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Game mechanics: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character sheet: (click to show/hide)

Trying my hand at another overly explained RTD! This is completely freeform, whatever you do is up to you. Also, to make it easier on me, please track your inventory in your actions.

Player list:
  • Goshizaki The Pilgrim
  • Timothy Samuels
  • Moocow
  • Ashmane
  • Greypatch
  • Tavish DeGroot
Waitlist:
  • Urist cog
  • Athra Leafgaurder
  • Fode Spurthollow
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 03:17:43 pm by borno »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to ADVENTURE (Sign-ups)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 03:46:23 am »

Name: Goshizaki The Pilgrim
Race: Octopus-man
Profession: Travelling Morris Dancer
Bio: Goshizaki is a professional Travelling Morris Dancer, travelling from village to village performing his mostly traditional folk dances and gathering tales and legends as he passes. And occasionally other things. After being kicked out of his local Morris Dancer Union for embracing some... less traditional dances, he ended up at this generic medieval town by following a fairly generic medieval road, earning his living by performing his most generic morris dances and saving the good ones for more interesting places.
Appearance: Goshizaki is a typical octopus-man; he has more limbs than most people and is quite squishy, in a squeezing through things and generally being quite flexible kind of way. Which is good for a pro Travelling Morris Dancer. He dresses in purple, has white hair and white stubble and a sad glint in his eye.
Health:100/100
Inventory: Old purple rags, Cup o' grog, Bag (=100=)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 04:20:39 am by lawastooshort »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 03:53:30 am »

Name: Timothy Samuels
Race: Human
Profession: Priest
Bio: An absolute firebrand, Tim is very vocal about punishing monsters, infidels and threats to humanity and God.  On some level, he knows that he can be too harsh, even to friends sometimes, but his high moral standards often drive him to the extreme in certain situations.  Very spartan, he dislikes riches ( like any good priest ) and politics ( somewhat less like some priests ) and prefers direct action to beating around the bush. 
Appearance: Shaggy red hair, large red beard, standard brown cloak.
Inventory: Old rags, Cup o' grog, Bag,
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 04:06:57 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 04:06:21 am »

((I'm sorry I wasn't clear about this earlier, but you buy your stuff at the market place. The Inventory is Pre-defined.))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 04:07:52 am »

Edited my inventory. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 04:26:14 am »

Name: Moocow
Race: Minotaur
Profession: Cleric
Bio: Moocow was a cleric of Baphomet, god of pretty much everything minotaurs care about, back at his isolated minotaur home. Then one day it occurred to him that his home was rather small, and that he'd really rather live in a grand gilded palace like in some of the stories of old. To that end, he inducted one of his helper acolytes into a full-fledged cleric to take over for him and traveled off to a human town to begin his quest, which is about as far as he's thought this through. Minotaurs are not known for their careful planning.
Appearance: A big shaggy cow-man.
Inventory: Old rags, Cup o' grog, Bag (=100=)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 05:04:51 am »

Name: Ashmane
profession: Blacksmith
bio: After a lot of brawls and different disputes he got roped into a aprenteship with a phyromance/smith he didn’t pick up the magic side of things being more interested in big axes and making armor and blades after the tower burnt from a experiment that got out of hand he ran with only the clothes on his back and his money pouch he has made his way to this town by luck h got some attention from a doctor and is drinking in a inn
Appearance: a bull minotaur that has a full mane in some old rags and some new burns. he is looking around intently ready for a brawl or new axe
Helth:100/100
Inventory:old rags, Cup o' grog, bag(=100=)
edit two minotaur party one to beat the crap out of you and the other to fill you with holy crap by beating it into your skull
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:08:15 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 08:32:08 am »

Name: Greypatch
Profession: Lumberjack
Bio: Greypatch is a lumberjack, he kills trees and cuts down elves. He was named Greypatch after an accident that scarred his flesh and caused a rather noticeable patch of hair to go prematurely grey. Said accident may or may not have involved trying to kill a tree with an elf.
Appearance: Big, Hairy, Angry, Bipedal, Bovine.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:43:00 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 10:24:31 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 01:57:52 pm »

Name: Urist cog
Race: Dwarf
Profession: Blacksmith
Bio: A dwarven blacksmith that has a love of booze and metal. anything other question recived a punch in the face of reporters. Elves got in the balls
Appearance: Short and stocky with toned muscles, and a black beard

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 02:12:42 pm »

Name: Athra Leafgaurder
Race: Elf (edge of corruption)
Profession: Crafts Elf
Bio: Working all his life as a crafts elf, he was unhappy. Not because he was a crafts elf, mind you, but, because he never did any crafting. Crafts elves are the equivalent of singing farmers. instead of taking chisel to stone, or knife to wood, they sing. They sing and sing to the trees until they grow into the shape they want. He hated that. He hated the song's of "THIIIIS" he had to spew out of his mouth. So. . .  one day, he sold all he had that was wood, and left with nothing but a bag and assortment of items. And the cash he had left over.
Appearance: Tall for an Elf, but leaner than the average one too. Has Hazel hair, and red eyes. He clicks his tongue when aggravated.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:20:18 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 02:47:09 pm »

Bio: (do I have to?)
No, but it may help other players understand your character.

Oh yes, now that we have enough players, we may start! Writing prologue later.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:12:13 pm by borno »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 06:09:12 pm »

yay i like 4 people to beat people up  :)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to ADVENTURE (Prolouge)
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 03:31:29 am »

It is time to leave, You tell yourself. The sense of ADVENTURE is too strong. But then, just as you are about to leave, you see some other people in the bar, people who look like they want to go on an ADVENTURE too.

The first person you see is by far the most distinguishable. He looks like... Like some sort of octopus. But you can see by his eyes that he is no ordinary octopus. He looks extremely flexible, however(+1 to agility rolls),but looks extremely squishy(-10 to defence rolls). You can tell that he has done some sort of dancing in his life (+1 to agility rolls)You feel sorry for him, however, because you know that merchants sell for a higher price to entertainers(+=10= to every purchase).

The second person you see looks normal enough, except for his shaggy red hair, and large red beard. You can tell, however, that he is a priest. You realise that people respond well to priests(+1 to team actions), and you know that priests are renowned for their mental abilities, but not for their physical ones(-10 to attack rolls).

The third person you can tell is a Minotaur as soon as you look at him. Minotaur's are renowned for their great strength(+10 to attack rolls), but are also known for how big and bulky they are(-1 agility). You can tell he is a cleric from the way he holds himself(1+ to communicating with gods), but that just means that people may react angrily if they do not like his religion(-1 to  interacting with other species).

The fourth person is also Minotaur, but has some rather recent burns, unlike the other one(+10 to attack, -1 to agility). You can tell by the burns that he was the apprentice of some sort pyromancer/blacksmith(+1 to crafting), but you know that blacksmiths are very proud of their work, and prefers to get their own weapons rather then buying/finding them(-1/10 to using other's creations).

The fifth person is obviously a Minotaur as well, but is distinguished by a big patch of grey on its hide(+10 to attack, -1 agility). You can tell that he is a lumberjack, and you know that lumberjacks usually live in the forests, and as such know how to live without relying on the city(+1 to hunting/gathering), but are also not used to relying on the city, and do not know how to haggle(+=10= to every purchase).

The sixth and last person is, no doubt, a halfling. Halflings, you know, are notorious for the ability to slip into crowds easily(+1 to stealth/hiding), but as such are disliked greatly(-1 to social rolls). You can see in his eyes that he used to be a promising actor(+1 to acting), but you know that actors, as they are entertainers, also get a greater cost from merchants(+=10= to every purchase).

You hurriedly slip outside, to start on your ADVENTURE...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 02:56:33 pm by borno »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to ADVENTURE (Prolouge)
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 03:34:43 am »

Search for a shop, if we have money (pref: weapons, then armour). If not, search for a street corner where I can display some traditional morris dancing, and dance for cash, unless warned that it is not legal.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5