Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Woodcutter won't grab axe  (Read 795 times)

Fireborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Woodcutter won't grab axe
« on: May 20, 2012, 11:13:20 pm »

So, we're on our third succession fort now...

Last one died in it's sleep from deadly dust...

But, I'm hitting something weird now.  I've assigned two people to cut trees, but none of them are going to grab the plentiful axes.

All their other labors are out, I tried taking one out of military, he still just waits around the meeting zone with no job...

Ideas? Is it bugged?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Woodcutter won't grab axe
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:56:19 pm »

I'm going to guess his military uniform is conflicting with his woodcutter uniform.  It does the same with hunters and miners, by the way.

The most common solution is to have an extra axe so he uses one while a woodcutter, and the second while active in the militia (assuming he's an axedwarf in the militia).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Fireborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 01:52:36 pm »

Said they were both ousted from the military.

However, it seems to be some weirdness with the military anyway.  I brought stuff to make steel (now even more of a bargain with the x3/x4 yields of ore.) and the 3 steel axes all cycled through the military, due to quality increases.

Both of the woodcutters are now using wooden training axes, even though I have said extra steel battle axe.

Weirdness.

Uristoteles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 06:41:39 pm »

they were in the military, you took them out of it, but their former squad still exists?
if so, then check in the military/equip screen if their now empty slots still claim weapons and armor.