Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Powder Toy - Trust Us, We Are Science  (Read 15346 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Powder Toy - Trust Us, We Are Science
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2012, 10:07:42 pm »

Define "messed up". :P

I haven't had any issues with it.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2012, 10:10:23 pm »

This game was fun until it messed up my computer and had to be deleted. Any idea what happened there?
You need to be more descriptive. It's like saying "The toaster had a red light turn on then blew up", We don't know the specifics.
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2012, 10:14:40 pm »

This game was fun until it messed up my computer and had to be deleted. Any idea what happened there?
You need to be more descriptive. It's like saying "The toaster had a red light turn on then blew up", We don't know the specifics.

Oh come on. I was nowhere near that descriptive.

Pretty much what happened was my computer froze twice on startup, and ran ridiculously slow until I deleted Powder Toy.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2012, 10:36:42 pm »

Always fun to make all sorts of culinary delights with all kinds of chemicals and 'splodey things.

Unfortunately, most of my pots keep melting and/or exploding like the Manhattan Project.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 10:45:36 pm »

Oh come on. I was nowhere near that descriptive.

Pretty much what happened was my computer froze twice on startup, and ran ridiculously slow until I deleted Powder Toy.

Well, Powder Toy is an executable and does not install anything on your computer. Deleting the file is about as effective as deleting any text file you might have laying around.

I will say that Powder Toy gets my laptop extremely hot, more than almost any other ap I ever run, to the point of I shut it down because I am worried my fans wont keep up and the nuclear meltdowns I am making in the game will happen for real inside the laptop case.
I got nothing

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2012, 10:51:43 pm »

Yeah, it's surprisingly hard to run for what it looks like. I guess it's probably tracking a lot of individual particles all at once. Your computer may just not be up to snuff.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2012, 10:53:21 pm »

I've ran some pretty hardcore sims on a 12 year old desktop with no upgrades.

It shouldn't be fucking with anybody's computer on that level.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2012, 11:23:50 pm »

Love this game for the thought processes it creates. "Now what if I put Plutonium, IN LAVA!?"

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 12:05:00 pm »

I've had this for awhile. Made a number of different nuclear bombs, an iron smelter, a desalination system, and a neat little coal-fired oven. I also like the effect of throwing yeast into a black hole.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 12:11:00 pm »

The most fun thing i do is make supercharged deut cannons.
Just apply pressure to a tank made of walls (full walls, the only things that stop air), fill it with deut, use property edit to get the deut to have a life of 9999999999, do it until it glows white (in fancy), delete a bit of the deut and replace it with neutrons, then open up the tank somewhere to have it wreak havoc on whatever is outside of the tank.
So much explody fun :D

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2012, 04:32:32 pm »

Nuclear physics, GOOOO!!!
Seems you can do a bit of stellar alchemy now.
Electrons + neutrons = hydrogen
Pressurize and heat hydrogen, it becomes plasma, which cools to noble gasses (helium).
Heat that back to plasma and keep heating, it becomes photons, neutrons, CO2, and gives off a burst of pressure higher than the previous maximum; I've seen pressures as high as 406.05 (fusion probably; CO2 is the closest they can get to the C, N, and O resulting from stellar fusion with their current lack of N and C gasses).
Heat the CO2 while keeping the whole thing pressurized still, it becomes oxygen (which promptly burns to plasma) and singularity.

So you can now take a star from sub-atomic particles to black hole. :D

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2012, 04:35:29 pm »

Has anyone seen the computers people make with this?  Some of them are pretty impressive.
Also there are various reactors, none of them are quite realistic, but some of them are also good.
And there are a couple of devices that can detect what element you put into them.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 04:44:07 pm by Draxis »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2012, 04:39:56 pm »

I feel lame now.  I just laughed a little as I watched some magma melting iron.  You guys take it a step further ._.  Or a dozen steps.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2012, 04:52:52 pm »

Is there any way of destroying wall things? The indestructible ones. I'm trying to devise a nuclear reactor using mercury.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2012, 04:55:01 pm »

The indestructible ones.
No... No I think there's a definition in here where you answered your own question.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5