Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330445 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.38 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Real-time lighting!
« Reply #1395 on: October 20, 2013, 04:56:48 am »

Anything syndromes can't do itemsyndrome can't do, so no FLIER.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 20, 2013, 09:34:31 am »

Before I release the new version, I accept your suggestions for magical items/weapons/armor you want to see.

Is this thing still open?

If so, then:

Wand of Paranoia
Grants an interaction that allows one person to turn someone insane. Will cause loyalty cascades.

Sphere of Geomancy
Allows one to turn corpses into utility spiders or other constructs (turrets?). Long cooldown.

Rally Equipment
Allows one to buff his comrades with various status effects. Stronger equipment grant more effects with longer effect durations.

Amulet of Flesh-Made-Whole
Transforms the user into a fleshy cocoon, which restores their missing limbs.
*I am not sure whether you have another way of restoring health in this mod; haven't played for the longest time.

Gorgon Eye
Petrifies a target. (paralysis or via transformation into an immobile stone statue that yields a statue when killed. DF statues are usually animal statues despite the statues themselves being humanoid >.>)

Celestial Equipment
Grants special interactions, in which only the undead or creatures marked [EVIL] are affected. Evil creatures are also weak to this material.

And that is all that I can think of right now. I think I'mma get back to trying this mod out again.
I'll definitely utilize the Gorgon Eye and Champion's banner (rally equipment). I am not sure how Wand of paranoia would be useful, can you explain it? :)
I'd think that turning corpses into something that dies and leaves gems behind would be more useful. Currently gems are a rare asset which you either buy or randomly dig out.
Being able to turn siegers into jewelry would be really useful for production and economy.

Celestial equipment is a bit weird. I mean, it's not the sky but hell/abyss which opposes void and magic creatures the best.

Currently you can fully heal a limbless dwarf by changing his caste in chapterhouse. I plan to rework it a bit; make it a "rebirth ritual" in a new Altar of Ancestors, along with a few craftable objects with new itemsyndrome.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: October 20, 2013, 10:20:33 am »

Paranoia could turn, let's say a bandit, against his own team in the heat of battle or make a small infighting scene when you're hidden, but personally I think it's too OP. Side effects (by virtue of interaction tokens) include turning someone hostile against you when you're nearby.

You could rename Celestial Equipment, but thinking about it, you would have to make two material types for this: one for armor and one for weaponry with special combat interactions. It would be good, but the point was to make voidwalker slaying a little less risky, and the plan was to make it global, kind of like how moonsilver is distributed, so scratch that.

Sphere of Geomancy could be altered to turn corpses into gems, so we can have some kind of utility interaction.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn5.39 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Magical items!
« Reply #1398 on: October 23, 2013, 05:15:47 am »

- New worldgen maps (Numenor, Middle-Earth, Tamriel).
- Gemgrinding chances to get mana crystals has been increased.
- Skull throne now has a chance to grant any type of gem during bone sacrificial ritual.
- Changed religious buildings so they follow the same scheme as mana crystals. Each temple uses appropriate mana crystals.

- Aether temple
-- Cultist rite, turns into cultists.
-- Make nightwatch scarf, a scarf with extravision (ignores darkness/blindness).
-- Make shadow veil, a veil which allows to hide in plain sight.
-- Conjure shadowscale, turns leather/hide into dragonscale-tier leather.

- Air temple
-- Clear skies, clears weather.
-- Rain dance, calls rain.
-- Winter call, calls snow storm.
-- Make hermes hood, a hood which makes wearer very fast.

- Earth temple
-- Make warding armor, which reduces damage to 1/3.
-- Make warding greaves, which make immune to nausea and paralysis.
-- Make warding helmet, which makes immune to stun and dizziness.
-- Make barkskin belt, which increases endurance, toughness and reduces damage to 3/4.

- Fire temple
-- Summon Hellhoun
-- Summon Bebilith
-- Summon Pit Fiend
-- Make Titan belt, which increases strength to 150% and grants no exertion.
-- Forge Wand of flames, which allows to shoot fireballs.

- Water temple
-- Druidic rite, turns into druid.
-- Farming rite, which grants random plants.
-- Grow forest, which turns all saplings on map into grown trees.
-- Make triton fascia, which grants ability to require no breathing (no drowning/suffocation).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:17:47 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 23, 2013, 10:18:16 am »

Not sure if this is a genesis bug or a vanilla one, but my dwarves with cleaning enabled keep running outside to clean ground tiles that have been burnt by beholders.  Currently playing 5.38

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: October 23, 2013, 12:22:36 pm »

Thanks for the report, I've been away from modding for a bit so discussion kinda halted, and stuff like this is important to make the mod better.

Do you mean beholder gas which spills when the creature is pierced?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn5.40 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Hotfix, spell immunity!
« Reply #1401 on: October 23, 2013, 01:09:08 pm »

GRAB A PATCH!

- GRANDFIX: Ironhand version did not have some magical items, my bad with merging. It's fixed.
- Creatures are "reborn" as a different caste in Aether temple now instead of Chapterhouse (for 1 aether crystal and 1 soulgem).
- New item: Ancestral gown. Crafted in Aether temple, it makes the wearer sterile but shields him from most of curses and spells. So long, Void dwellers.

Hell yeah, no more annoying spells killing your uber champions if you dress them in Ancestral gowns. No kids from them either (probably good for female warriors, so they don't carry babies into a fight).

As a side note, such wearer cannot become a vampire or a werebeast, and he's unaffected by deadly clouds and other mad weather.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:13:20 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn5.40 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Hotfix, spell immunity!
« Reply #1402 on: October 23, 2013, 02:00:24 pm »

I couldn't find a place where this was answered earlier, what exactly is the point of transforming a dorf into a cultist or druid?
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: October 23, 2013, 02:33:50 pm »

Thanks for the report, I've been away from modding for a bit so discussion kinda halted, and stuff like this is important to make the mod better.

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, I just know that there've been a few beholders spawning since it's a joyous wilds embark which pop up with enraging notifications but no combat logs showing them being attacked.  I do have some jade cannons but the range cannot be that great.  Here's a link to my save:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8064

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 23, 2013, 02:39:52 pm »

I couldn't find a place where this was answered earlier, what exactly is the point of transforming a dorf into a cultist or druid?

Yeah, not everything is in a manual :). Many small things you have to discover yourself (or I did not write about them yet).

Cultists are not alive, it means undead will not harm them (and they may ignore undead unless you give direct kill order). They also feel no pain and never tire, they don't sleep and have no fevers/dizziness. They are a bit tougher and more disease resistant. They can also caste enfeeble curse (weakens) and harm spell (causes pain) on enemies.

Druids have increased disease resistance and willpower. They can also cast harm spell on enemy. Druids will cast empower and healing hands on other dwarves (buffs them and increases recuperation). Druids can charm hostile animals (animal becomes sleepy and stunned) and they can transform into beast form when they are very hurt and fleeing, which turns them into a big werewolf and heals their wounds once they turn back.

I'm not entirely sure to be honest, I just know that there've been a few beholders spawning since it's a joyous wilds embark which pop up with enraging notifications but no combat logs showing them being attacked.  I do have some jade cannons but the range cannot be that great.  Here's a link to my save:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8064
Thank you, I will check it tomorrow morning. Does ordering dwarves not to touch refuse/clean outside help (in the 'o'rders menu)?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: October 23, 2013, 03:04:03 pm »

Thank you, I will check it tomorrow morning. Does ordering dwarves not to touch refuse/clean outside help (in the 'o'rders menu)?

No it doesn't :/ just went through and tested from the orders menu to ignore outside refuse with all possible options both on and off and dwarves still want to clean up the ash.  Turning off the cleaning labor itself seems to work but don't want to disable my inside cleaning though.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: October 23, 2013, 04:30:53 pm »

"-- Make warding helmet, which makes immune to stun and dizziness."
Won't [NOSTUN] cause dwarves to go to sleep and never wake up?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: October 23, 2013, 10:57:56 pm »

I thought that bug was fixed. Can you confirm it's not?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: October 23, 2013, 10:58:24 pm »

It's not.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1409 on: October 24, 2013, 05:32:15 pm »

I thought that bug was fixed. Can you confirm it's not?
Same here, it still is a problem. Adding no sleep circumvents it, but thats a whole other effect then.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 108