Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330409 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.35 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1320 on: August 06, 2013, 06:05:48 am »

So, what happened to elixirs and the calcinator?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 06, 2013, 02:45:27 pm »

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

I updated the wrong version. This is what happens when you work at work, at home and on wifey's Laptop. So 5.35 is based on 5.33. It should be fairly trivial to fix, sorry for that. I am going to bed now but I will re-add calcinator and elixirs back tomorrow.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Kaytavo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Pie Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 06, 2013, 04:25:24 pm »

Can't find any small blunt rocks for knapping tools in adventurer...
I can only find small dolomite rocks and they don't seem to work, also can't bonecraft using bones or skulls(tired wolf and salamander bones).
not sure if I'm doing it wrong or what.

P.S. I'm using the latest version (5.35)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: August 06, 2013, 05:17:36 pm »

There are no book titles assigned to pyromancy, only to the other secrets. I just read an Ember Dragon sultan's literary accomplishments across a fortress, and recieved neither pyromancy nor wizardry knowledge. A shame, really- Legends Viewer lists the books written by historical figures by name and shows where they were stored, and by title one can say what kind of secret, if any, is in the book.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:07:58 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 13, 2013, 08:02:07 pm »

Seems like the past couple of versions of Genesis, leather bins are never taken to stockpiles from the Depot. Individual skins will be moved to bins in the stockpile, but even deconstructing the Depot just leaves a pile of bins. Not a burrows or pathing issue.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 14, 2013, 07:03:58 pm »

I posted a while back about Mermen blocking a season's worth of jade cannon fire. I just observed a dwarf immolated by the burst from a jade cannon hitting a thief 4 tiles away.

Is it a characteristic of the jade cannon explosion that makes it blockable, or is this a characteristic of the nature of all explosion events, that they are propagated by flaming objects that are inherently blockable?

I've only succeeded in setting my entire catapult training area on fire with inferno blocks. I've never been able to fire inferno blocks at the enemy, but it certainly would be less than optimal if they were able to block all the hunka hunka burning dwarfy love I'm flinging at them.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1326 on: August 16, 2013, 04:43:20 am »

Downloaded the latest genesis.
Got interface issues, numpad's + - not working in embark preparations (I fixed it with copying older interface.txt), and mouse not painting stairs/tunnels in fort mode...
especially my favorite "hold LMB down, go up or down a level with < >" So 50 levels down while holding mouse button and > down.
Now the mouse does rectangles, I am totally not accustomed to that. Hacked exe?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 05:13:29 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 16, 2013, 04:53:04 am »

No, just DFHack.

Also, that hold LMB down thing hasn't been necessary since 34.01, where Toady allowed multi-z-level designations ;)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1328 on: August 16, 2013, 05:44:12 am »

Ok thanks Putnam.
What are Living bars and Living picks, they seem to be very oddly named for a metal.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: August 16, 2013, 05:50:14 am »

Ok thanks Putnam.
What are Living bars and Living picks, they seem to be very oddly named for a metal.

The proper name would be living metal, which is very sharp. It's made, among other things, from wood only found in evil biomes, where the wildlife will almost certainly make it impossible to survive. At all.

Rainbows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 17, 2013, 06:52:53 am »

What are all the new weapons? I know how metal properties work (is voidsteel,blood steel and all the deep furnace metals the same?) but i don't know how to interpret weapon raws. All these billhooks and glaives and longswords and broadswords I know what are in real life but don't know how they translate into DF.

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: August 17, 2013, 11:13:17 am »

I've started playing (again) DF and Genesis after couple of years, and I keep running into a problem. Goblin ranged ambushes simply perforate my fully steel-clad squads with copper bolts, in the very first volley. Am I doing something wrong or has archery been that buffed?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:15:10 am by afoninv »
-
V.

Rainbows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 17, 2013, 12:46:18 pm »

Archery in general is pretty mad, bolts have a very small penetration, varying but usually high weight and a lot of speed which leaves adamantine armour being pincushioned by copper. Shields, blocking and dodging is where it's at, if it's hit armour it's too late.
I remember someone made a mod to nerf ranged weapons in general and make them more sane.

Best to soften up with some of your own bolts to kill, maim or knock unconscious enemy archers before sending in melee, having buildings or hills shortening the field of fire also increases survivability.

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 17, 2013, 04:23:13 pm »

I remember someone made a mod to nerf ranged weapons in general and make them more sane.
Thanks, I've looked around a bit and found both mod and dwarven research on the topic. Not sure if I should use that mod though, it was designed for vanilla. Since Genesis, being a major mod, adds and/or modifies a lot of original content, I'm not sure how that would affect Genesis balance. However copper bolts penetrating steel dwarven plate is ridiculous fun!

And yes, a praise to Deon is due - the mod's awesome.
-
V.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 21, 2013, 03:22:31 pm »

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

I updated the wrong version. This is what happens when you work at work, at home and on wifey's Laptop. So 5.35 is based on 5.33. It should be fairly trivial to fix, sorry for that. I am going to bed now but I will re-add calcinator and elixirs back tomorrow.

So was this ever fixed?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 108