Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330405 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.34 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1305 on: July 23, 2013, 06:01:35 am »

Dunno if this is a vanilla thing or due to the mod, but figured I'd ask here anyways.  It has been a while since I've played and decided to fire up a new fort in a cold biome with lots of trees and an aquifer.  I figured since stone was kind of hard to get to an I had copious amounts of wood (lol) that I would build a wall around my fort out of wood blocks constructed at the lumber yard.  Got the wall done in summer of the second year, just before the vile force of merfolk arrived.  I was like, "damn, invasion in the second year?  Oh well, I have walls to protect me".  I raised the bridge and thought I was safe.  Then I got to watch in horror as the merfolk CLIMBED OVER the wooden walls like they weren't even there and began slaughtering my helpless dwarves  :'( :'(

Soo.... wooden walls are obviously a bad idea atm.  They serve absolutely no purpose if regular non-flying enemies can just hop over them.  Is this normal?

Definitely not normal. Maybe you built wooden floors by mistake? Or your dwarves didn't complete it? Walls should be impassable, unless they fly over it- and they seldom do that, if the gate is closed, as they can't path inside.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Kpn.Kardif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 23, 2013, 02:11:22 pm »

The wall was definitely complete, and I certainly didn't build floors by mistake.  The gate was closed, but I did have a constructed ramp leading up to a hill on the other side of the fort where I was building another wall to keep archers away, so they could have used this for pathing.  But the invasion came from the opposite side of the map and none of them ever touched the ramp.  The area where they climbed over had previously been a small hill, which I channeled out because it contained a small amount of stone.  There weren't any natural ramps left going through there though, I had channeled out all of it.  Is it possible that because there may have been a ramp there before, the game somehow still thought there was?  It's not just that they climbed up to the top of the wall, but were able to come down the other side of it as well.  I've been playing DF for a couple of years, and I've never seen this happen before. 

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 28, 2013, 01:55:12 am »

They cannot climb walls for sure, so it was your mistake leaving a path somewhere. There could be a ramp UNDER your wall somewhere too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 31, 2013, 09:13:40 pm »

Embarked with no Scroll Dwarves: No Treasurer or Broker until one shows up. I could probably do without a Broker, but not having accurate inventory, that's not fun.

Edit: I love finding cement amongst natural stone. It gives me a creepy sense of elder gods, whose constructions can be found in rock formations billions of years old.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:06:30 am by There Is No Vic »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 01, 2013, 08:34:42 am »

So, Deon, do you plan to make this plugin: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127116.0 a part of your mod? Digging and/or deconstructing invaders would be a nice late-game challenge...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 01, 2013, 01:11:03 pm »

Yep, and that (and a few options I need to add to the modloader and recompile it) are the only things which hold back the next release (I've been a bit too involved in new Shadowrun Returns and Don't Starve modding, so yeah, gotta admit I got lazy with DF a bit).

Embarked with no Scroll Dwarves: No Treasurer or Broker until one shows up. I could probably do without a Broker, but not having accurate inventory, that's not fun.

Edit: I love finding cement amongst natural stone. It gives me a creepy sense of elder gods, whose constructions can be found in rock formations billions of years old.
Cement as natural stone? Huh, I thought I fixed that, it's for sure fixed in the next release :).

Regarding inability to have major nobles without special caste, it's a design decision by me. And I will make it optional in modloader for the next version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 05, 2013, 07:09:49 am »

Also, am I the only one who always finds empty curious underground structures in adventurer mode? No undead, no demons...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 06, 2013, 12:57:21 am »

I think it's because I did not create custom curses for those, thanks for heads up, they will come!

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1313 on: August 06, 2013, 02:26:13 am »

Wait... custom stuff for curious underground structures? How? Please, tell me more.

I have a problem in MasterworkDF with 2000-5000 undeads per underground structure, which kills the FPS. I never knew what caused this, but maybe some curses affect it, some regional interactions that were included in DwarfChocolate/WizardsTower or so. It would be really great to fix this. Or even add sensible replacements and populate the structures with something more interesting.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 06, 2013, 02:59:47 am »

Those guys in curious structures are a type of a generated curse too, you can see them if you look through world_gen.txt.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.35 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1315 on: August 06, 2013, 03:04:10 am »

I should have released a fixed version long time ago, sorry :). I planned to add more stuff but kept delaying it.

- fixed oil pressing (kitchen, cooking skill).
- removed demoniacs (too bad effects for gameplay).
- readjusted biome and population information for creatures.
- changed fallen population ratios. Liches and revenants are very rare.
- ghouls (fallen caste) are slower but much stronger.

- added options to launcher to toggle following features:
-- House of Scrolls only main nobles: on/off
-- Clockworks: bronze/steel
-- Fast maturation: on/off (original 12 years to mature, or just 1 year to be a child).

Current creature population distributions if you are interested:
Creature - total amount per world chunk - chance to encounter
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 06, 2013, 04:16:41 am »

How about naturally occurring cement, and argentan for the more developed surface entities?

EDIT: so, regional interactions should be something other than 0 in worldgen to get slade temple zombies?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1317 on: August 06, 2013, 04:43:39 am »

I think its DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER, no?

My question was more: Can custom reactions interfere with the underground structures, and if yes, how?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 06, 2013, 04:47:36 am »

Reactions? If you mean interactions, it's the same way as any other interaction for regions.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1319 on: August 06, 2013, 05:42:56 am »

Ah, sorry. I did mean interactions, dont know how I made that typo. Thanks, I'll check my regional interactions then, because somehow I end up with way too many undeads in these things.

Have you seen Maklaks scripts? He has finished plants and creatures, and works on items now. Would be a great addition to any manual :)
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 108