Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330402 times)

Ghundio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.34 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1290 on: July 07, 2013, 10:31:32 pm »

Have you tried using manager? It could be DF pathing bug.

You right, I dumb. Got it working! Thanks for being patient and helpful!
Go into your stocks menu. You'll see a masterwork adamantine sword of some kind. Zoom to its location and you'll be directed to the bottom of the curious structure.

Go now and claim what is rightly yours. And watch out for the zombies.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 08, 2013, 01:05:12 pm »

I urge you to remove or at least rework the Demoniacs. They cause loyalty cascades and turn adventurers into the enemy of civs with surprising ease. For example, a blinding curse (either temporary, or rotting their eyes out if you feel like that) used as a greeting would still be a threat, but it wouldn't cause game-breaking loyalty cascades.

EDIT: usually it's just me finding the corpse of the Demoniac quest target in a cottage full of dead bodies, but last time it was a high priest in a keep who turned my vampire necromage's companions into maniacs, turning me into the enemy of the Realm. Probably used that damnable skill on me too, since afterwards even the undead raised by me were hostile to me.

EDIT2: Werebeasts are still brutally hardcore in human form.

And I recieved a quest from a lord to kill his own civ's Dracolich sultan...  :o
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:08:05 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 10, 2013, 08:04:12 pm »

My list of workshops tells me I can make an Infirmary In the Thuamatology section.
I can't find it in the manual.
What does it do?

Edit to prevent double post:

I keep trying to convert my Vampire Mayor/Manager into a Remade to stop her snacking on any more legendary Craftsdwarves.
But every time she gets the materials, she goes into the flesh studio the particle effect happens but no transformation occurs.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 12:02:52 am by Spleenling »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 11, 2013, 02:10:49 am »

My list of workshops tells me I can make an Infirmary In the Thuamatology section.
I can't find it in the manual.
What does it do?

Edit to prevent double post:

I keep trying to convert my Vampire Mayor/Manager into a Remade to stop her snacking on any more legendary Craftsdwarves.
But every time she gets the materials, she goes into the flesh studio the particle effect happens but no transformation occurs.

Infarmary lets dwarves to drink attribute-boosting potions.
I had the same problem with vampires... be glad that at least it's not a Demoniac, those bastards turn your fortress into a madness-inspired loyalty cascade with an interaction that isn't even removed by the remade/clockwork transformations.

Also, suggestion:    [PERMITTED_REACTION:ARGENTAN_MAKING] argentan isn't a difficult metal to make, and it would make a lot of sense in adventurer mode undead/vampire/werebeast hunting. Orichalcum isn't that difficult to make either- I think any civ that can make bronze should be able to make these.

EDIT: heretical suggestion, read at own peril: with mithril and titanium (and dragonbone, and moonsilver, bloodsteel etc... everything you need magma to do) making firmly in dwarves hands, perhaps good old fashioned steel doesn't merit the same dwarf monopoly it has in vanilla. It would certainly make sense for at least the plate armor-wearing civilizations to know it's secrets.

Also, moonsilver has no [MAX_EDGE] at all.

Necromage's bone spear does nothing, but Gully Shrieker and Quillbeast bone-spitting works.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:56:11 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 13, 2013, 06:41:26 pm »

I will fix that for the next update. I removed Demoniac and expanded bestiary a bit in my free time.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 15, 2013, 04:10:05 am »

Another:
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0]
            [CE:CREATURE:WEREBEAST:MALE]
            [CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE:27:0]
         [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:500]
            [CDI:ADV_NAME:Transform into werebeast]
            [CDI:INTERACTION:TRANSFORM_WEREBEAST_MALE]
            [CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
            [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1]
            [CDI:USAGE_HINT:FLEEING]
            [CDI:VERB:begin to transform:begins to transform:NA]
            [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:1500]
The first line means immediate Fun! when I go hunting on full-moon nights with companions. Maybe it should be START:500 too.

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 15, 2013, 09:41:40 pm »

I have some Inactive Utility Spiders that I can't get to work. I have made Soulgems and told my dwarves to activate them but nothing happens.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 16, 2013, 04:02:48 am »

Is there a possibility this mod has a DF Therapist built for it?

Jetriot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 16, 2013, 02:40:31 pm »

What is wrong with the regular Dwarf The rapist?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 16, 2013, 07:47:14 pm »

Is there a possibility this mod has a DF Therapist built for it?

Splinter's version handles castes well.

Vinedragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: July 16, 2013, 11:08:25 pm »

Dunno if this has been asked before, but none of the crossbowdwarves will shoot their crossbows. I have ammo, and have quivers, they're set to take any and all ammo, and they fire only rarely at point blank range, after chasing whatever they're trying to kill down.

Edit: Nevermind, they're doing what they're supposed to now. Weird.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 01:30:24 pm by Vinedragon »

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 18, 2013, 10:59:21 pm »

Whats the Corpsdwarf Noble Post for?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 19, 2013, 09:04:13 am »

Whats the Corpsdwarf Noble Post for?

Healthcare. They are deputies of the Chief Healer.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 22, 2013, 12:06:40 am »

Deon I started as a magician who ended up smacking an 8 year old goblin child running from the town on a minecart and blowing up into a mist of gibs.
swap over to the 8 year old who then was given a quest to clean up a minotaur camp.
after picking up a group of meatsheilds we did the task with little ease.
Then the idea hit me, I was going to take over the minotaur lair to see what happens.
the result was 8 years of fortifying a base watching a little girl grow up and ditching her companions to go die in the woods.
now she taken over a dalesman fort planning to bore a hole underground to release a few horrors.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kpn.Kardif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 23, 2013, 04:20:47 am »

Dunno if this is a vanilla thing or due to the mod, but figured I'd ask here anyways.  It has been a while since I've played and decided to fire up a new fort in a cold biome with lots of trees and an aquifer.  I figured since stone was kind of hard to get to an I had copious amounts of wood (lol) that I would build a wall around my fort out of wood blocks constructed at the lumber yard.  Got the wall done in summer of the second year, just before the vile force of merfolk arrived.  I was like, "damn, invasion in the second year?  Oh well, I have walls to protect me".  I raised the bridge and thought I was safe.  Then I got to watch in horror as the merfolk CLIMBED OVER the wooden walls like they weren't even there and began slaughtering my helpless dwarves  :'( :'(

Soo.... wooden walls are obviously a bad idea atm.  They serve absolutely no purpose if regular non-flying enemies can just hop over them.  Is this normal? 
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 108