Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330373 times)

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.32 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1230 on: June 20, 2013, 01:54:10 pm »

No, what Tirion meant is while they can see normally, the game may force them to make bad items because they have "vision lost" flag. I will make sure it's not an issue by adding a few gem eye-things.

Can you make it so you can recover those gems when you butcher then?If it's even possible to meet them in adventure mode.
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 20, 2013, 03:44:37 pm »

No, what Tirion meant is while they can see normally, the game may force them to make bad items because they have "vision lost" flag. I will make sure it's not an issue by adding a few gem eye-things.

Can you make it so you can recover those gems when you butcher then?If it's even possible to meet them in adventure mode.

They are made of bronze and are sentient, you don't butcher them.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 21, 2013, 08:15:50 am »

Clockwork and Remade dorfs are currently unplayable, they lose their proesthetics/clockwork limbs easily... Dherim farmer punches me in the mechanical claw, the severed part sails across arc

And that's a shame, because the mechanical claw is AWESOME. Never getting a shield again.

I had a major break from DF, so I didn't manage to read the whole thread since the last 1000 updates, my complaints/advice:

Clockworks shouldn't be dependant on food nor water.
Clockworks can't talk to any civs (?) that's understandable, but it would be great if at least bandits tolerated them (if they do, sorry for having no point, didn't encounter any camps since I reinstalled the game yesterday)
In some generated worlds, there seems to be an overload of vampires getting 900+ kills on year 125, I think it's connected to that desecrate-curse mechanism you put in the game, I read it up in the Legends section (it's good actually)

I also dig the launcher, I see you listened to my feedback :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 08:22:13 am by Ragnarock »
Dabbling Overseer

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 21, 2013, 02:51:49 pm »

Wait, since when can't clockworks talk to people? Testing it now... they can talk to people just fine. On the other hand, a cobalt spear stab fractured my bronze arm... that's strange, though it appears to have been a lucky strike, and copper weapons consistently glance away. A lucky bash from a bandit's black bronze flail, on the other hand, took my clockwork's right hand clean off- though it had nothing more than a silkweed glove protecting it. Maybe their frequent dismemberments are because they are rigid- their bronze is harder than bone, but where bone would break and be splinted, their bronze breaking means limb loss. Fracturing is only function loss, luckily.
Speaking of clockwork fine tuning, maybe they should "live" longer than puny meatbags. I'd be really annoyed if one of them ever died of old age.

EDIT: I have yet to compare thickness values with bone, but clockworks seem balanced to me. Less likely to be injured than a dwarf, but if it happens, it's drastic. I also noticed how ridiculously underpowered their wrist blades are- I think they should at least be able to cut an unconscious human's throat through clothing, instead of bruising it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:22:32 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Matthmatt1213

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Science!! Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 22, 2013, 02:17:40 pm »

I seem to be encountering a strange bug with the Dark Shrine. For some reason, listening to whispers is consistently turning all dwarves on the Shrine into Hell Hounds. The first time it happened, I thought I was just unlucky, but after several more tries, including one where a child happened to be on the shrine at the time, becoming a Hell Puppy, I have become convinced that it's a bug, as this makes dark crystals very difficult to come by without creating a large amount of husks, and it also makes summoning  a Hell Hound at the summoning circle for 5 crystals rather useless when you can get them for free. Is there some way to fix this? Also, what does making a dwarf a cultist do? There was no change in the dwarf's description when I tried it.
Hmm. Now i've got "mountain goat soap thread" and something like kidney fiber and i've seen roasts made out of leather.
selling elven princess booze to a human shopkeeper will fetch some wild stories.

Blackdot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 22, 2013, 05:21:39 pm »

I seem to be encountering a strange bug with the Dark Shrine. For some reason, listening to whispers is consistently turning all dwarves on the Shrine into Hell Hounds. The first time it happened, I thought I was just unlucky, but after several more tries, including one where a child happened to be on the shrine at the time, becoming a Hell Puppy, I have become convinced that it's a bug, as this makes dark crystals very difficult to come by without creating a large amount of husks, and it also makes summoning  a Hell Hound at the summoning circle for 5 crystals rather useless when you can get them for free. Is there some way to fix this? Also, what does making a dwarf a cultist do? There was no change in the dwarf's description when I tried it.

This happening to me too. Only Hell Hounds. I deleted reaction for MORPHSTONE_DEMON_1, 2 and 3 in raws from Dark Shrine, then every dwarf becomes hollow.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 23, 2013, 02:36:42 am »

Okay, I found an easy fix to clockwork severing. I split their "metal" tissue into "frame" and "case" tissues (both of them have CONNECTS), so now strong punches and hits fracture the case instead of removing bodyparts altogether.

I must check the dark altar, there's a 1% chance for a dwarf to turn into a demon or something, I surely hope it's not 100% due to autosyndrome plugin or something like that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 23, 2013, 03:02:23 am »

Wait, since when can't clockworks talk to people? Testing it now... they can talk to people just fine. On the other hand, a cobalt spear stab fractured my bronze arm... that's strange, though it appears to have been a lucky strike, and copper weapons consistently glance away. A lucky bash from a bandit's black bronze flail, on the other hand, took my clockwork's right hand clean off- though it had nothing more than a silkweed glove protecting it. Maybe their frequent dismemberments are because they are rigid- their bronze is harder than bone, but where bone would break and be splinted, their bronze breaking means limb loss. Fracturing is only function loss, luckily.
Speaking of clockwork fine tuning, maybe they should "live" longer than puny meatbags. I'd be really annoyed if one of them ever died of old age.

EDIT: I have yet to compare thickness values with bone, but clockworks seem balanced to me. Less likely to be injured than a dwarf, but if it happens, it's drastic. I also noticed how ridiculously underpowered their wrist blades are- I think they should at least be able to cut an unconscious human's throat through clothing, instead of bruising it.

Maybe I was just unlucky but when I tried to talk to a dalesman farmer I just received "Don't talk to me." response, which I never got playing a normal dorf. I checked the legends and the civs are not at war.
Dabbling Overseer

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 23, 2013, 03:22:44 am »

"Don't talk to me" happens when the civ you are trying to talk to is hostile (usually due to worldgen war). Not sure why that happened to you, maybe some personal conflict of two entities or your group which you come from? Sometimes it's weird in DF.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 23, 2013, 03:27:57 am »

I must check the dark altar, there's a 1% chance for a dwarf to turn into a demon or something, I surely hope it's not 100% due to autosyndrome plugin or something like that.
Well, it is confirmed, autosyndrome plugin does not check for % chance and turns the creature in the first entry immediately. I will have to turn it back to boiling rock to stop it from happening.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Blackdot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 23, 2013, 04:37:20 am »

Dont you think is better to use growth fix script than having static sizes?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 23, 2013, 04:47:20 am »

It would be, but I've decided to go this way instead. I did it before the script was released actually, so for future I may roll back (but I will have to run that script every few months or something).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 24, 2013, 03:43:36 am »

Re: not-drinking, not-eating (and maybe not-sleeping?) clockworks: it would be easy if those tokens can be assigned on a caste level, but the issue here is alcohol dependancy. One could remove ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT from the dwarf entry and put it in all caste entries except clockwork. I hope that would remove the token from fleshy dwarves upon transformation and not cause withdrawal slowdown.

They would make even more awesome soldiers for patrolling and guard duty if they could go without sleep, drink and food without adverse effects.

Matthmatt1213

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Science!! Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 24, 2013, 12:40:17 pm »

Well, it is confirmed, autosyndrome plugin does not check for % chance and turns the creature in the first entry immediately. I will have to turn it back to boiling rock to stop it from happening.

Deon, while you're doing that, can you check the other religion buildings? If one is bugged, the others may be as well. That might explain why the "turn a dwarf into a cultist/druid" has no observable effect other than looking flashy.
Hmm. Now i've got "mountain goat soap thread" and something like kidney fiber and i've seen roasts made out of leather.
selling elven princess booze to a human shopkeeper will fetch some wild stories.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 24, 2013, 01:14:07 pm »

Yeah, all % chances were initialized immediately, so only the first one worked due to Autosyndrome not checking the frequency of the products. I am reworking alchemy/classes altogether though, so the next update will have fixes for everything.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 108