Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330238 times)

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm having a couple of problems, playing Genesis 5.23.

Mithril - I have both chunks and strands. I can't find where to make wafers though.

Edit 2: I think I made this work. added [METAL_ORE:MITHRIL:100] to the [INORGANIC:RAW_MITHRIL] in the inorganic_g_stone.txt raw.
Can still make mithril cloaks, and now I can make mithril shields too. Hooray!

Magma Sauna Vent - I can't figure out where to put the magma in relation to the vent.

Edit: It looks like Sirmaril had the same problem with the Sauna and fixed it by changing the dimensions of the workshop to be bigger than a 1x1 tile... I'll look up how to do that and see if I can fix it the same way :)

Edit 3: It's working! Just have to ignore the way it looks exactly like a forge now. The unwalkable squares I made in the workshop with my cut and paste antics don't seem to block the steam which is good.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:07:19 am by Nat »

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a mineral/rock chart describing what all the vanilla DF and new mineral/rocks in Genesis are used for?

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a mineral/rock chart describing what all the vanilla DF and new mineral/rocks in Genesis are used for?
I don't think there's a list for the Genesis rock uses, but you can look at them in the Stone tab of the stockpile screen to see what they can be used for.
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Random idea, inspired by a mindfuck present even in vanilla: why are chain lower body armors [SHAPED]? Layering plate armor over chainmail is done on the upper body with no such issues.
trousers-chain mail leggings-greaves sounds more realistic than
trousers-trousers-greaves OR trousers-trousers-chain mail leggings.

Also, I'm a bit confused. Did anyone succeed at becoming a vampire, lamia or demoniac by consuming one's blood, without editing their interactions in the raws? They call for a generic and nonexistent vampire curse when blood is ingested.

And a stray idea (tame): why not give military caste dwarves some minor natural skill, like novice wrestling? They'd bitch less about being conscripted.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:19:36 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed the selection of animals during embark does not include any or most of the default Dwarf Fortress animals. Is this by design or am I missing something. I want to bring cats for example...

Vorsh99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

cant tell by OP, which races are playable?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I noticed the selection of animals during embark does not include any or most of the default Dwarf Fortress animals. Is this by design or am I missing something. I want to bring cats for example...

It's by design. You have a new set of pets to choose from, like Bronze Centurions, Batwings, Utility Spiders and the like. If you want classic cat-like action, buy batwings. If you just want something that cleans your fortress without adopting anyone, Utility Spiders are the way to go.

Dwarves on Fortress Mode.

As for Adventurer Mode, you can choose any race save the Void Dwellers. There are also "Outsider Classes" to choose from, such as Barbarians, Magicians, Necromancers, Treasure Hunters and Vagabonds.

Barbarians - They have an ability that makes them immune to pain and boosts their ability to hit an enemy. They have enhanced combat learning rates.
Magicians - They have flame-oriented spells by default. They have default learning rates.
Necromancers - They can raise the dead. Note that it doesn't make you immune to being targeted by the dead until you read a slab that confers immortality or become a vampire.
Treasure Hunters - They do not have any special abilities, but they learn all skills 5x faster than anyone.
Vagabonds - They have a high skill in ambusher, dodging and knife-user. They also have a skill that enhances their speed and makes them immune to paralysis for a time.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

It's by design. You have a new set of pets to choose from, like Bronze Centurions, Batwings, Utility Spiders and the like. If you want classic cat-like action, buy batwings. If you just want something that cleans your fortress without adopting anyone, Utility Spiders are the way to go.

Dwarves on Fortress Mode.

As for Adventurer Mode, you can choose any race save the Void Dwellers. There are also "Outsider Classes" to choose from, such as Barbarians, Magicians, Necromancers, Treasure Hunters and Vagabonds.

Barbarians - They have an ability that makes them immune to pain and boosts their ability to hit an enemy. They have enhanced combat learning rates.
Magicians - They have flame-oriented spells by default. They have default learning rates.
Necromancers - They can raise the dead. Note that it doesn't make you immune to being targeted by the dead until you read a slab that confers immortality or become a vampire.

Treasure Hunters - They do not have any special abilities, but they learn all skills 5x faster than anyone.
Vagabonds - They have a high skill in ambusher, dodging and knife-user. They also have a skill that enhances their speed and makes them immune to paralysis for a time.
that can be fix with a script that checks if the adventurer is playing a caste like the necromancer and grant them non mortal status that will slip by the checks of hostile undead.
though I don't know how to write scripts that patch that in.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a current/recent tutorial video series for Dwarf Fortress that includes Genesis Reborn that takes you from the beginning on up? I see the let's plays but they don't explain the mechanics/strategies.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Genning worlds takes forever, it rejects around 200 then crashes.
All i did was enable curses and secrets and vampires, and removed bogeymen.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Do not enable curses. secrets and vampires. There's already a lot in this mod.

And sometimes worldgen can be stubborn because there's a lot of new races, secrets and the like. Just be patient :). It's only a matter of a bit of time to set a world.

Is there a current/recent tutorial video series for Dwarf Fortress that includes Genesis Reborn that takes you from the beginning on up? I see the let's plays but they don't explain the mechanics/strategies.
None that I remember. I may want a few let's plays in the future explaining new features, it sounds like a nice idea!

I am coming back from work-related hiatus, expect a few patches soon :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good to hear that. So, next version, will I be able to start a dwarf adventurer, become a vampire through drinking one's blood without editing the interaction, dig down to cavern layer 3, mine blue stuff, extract strands, cut down and burn some trees for charcoal, smelt adamantine wafers, somehow make an anvil and build a forge, and make my own *adamantine dwarven plate armor* and *full helmet*?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bah. I try to construct a workshop, it says i have to press Numpad 0 to pass a turn now, so i tired that, many times, wouldnt work. I pressed numpad 6 to move right, i moved right, so the thing started changing around, but i had to trash around myself, eventually change stopped happening. So i tried going into the center of the workshop, a carpenters workshop, pressed TAB.

Nothing happended.

HOW DO I DO THIS?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

You simply press numpad+0. No need to hold alt to perform a job on the same tile as you are.

You have the materials on the floor, right, and it's not an economic stone, right?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait.. do i need stone for this? Where can i see the resources required for the different workshops?
Would be nice if it atleast told me i was out of resources.æ
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 108