Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330237 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.18] - adventure mode update
« Reply #630 on: February 05, 2013, 09:22:29 pm »

I had some reports about people "fixing" it by building the workshop closer, stockpiling the materials next to it, or deconstructing/rebuilding the workshop. I dont really know what else could be done.

How is your poison-gland coming along? Does everything work as intended? I wanted to offer something similar in my mod, but I used milking for it. Instead of butchering your snakes/scoprions/spiders, you milk them once a month. Dont know if thats of interest to you...
It works just fine, both for fortress and adventure mode.
I plan to add antidotes next.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #631 on: February 05, 2013, 09:32:22 pm »

Antidote sound awesome. Take poison gland of desert scorpion, make desert scorpion antidote drink, affect dwarf with syndrome that adds a syndrome class... wait. Syndromes cant have a negative "cannot_have_syndrome_class", thats only for interactions...

What was your idea then? I dont really see a way... besides making all syndromes resistable and using a generalized antidote to up disease resistance to max.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 05, 2013, 10:14:47 pm »

I forgot that you cannot have that with syndromes, oh well. I guess an antidote will just boost disease resistance greatly. Most of my poisons are RESISTABLE anyway.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 05, 2013, 11:03:44 pm »

I had some reports about people "fixing" it by building the workshop closer, stockpiling the materials next to it, or deconstructing/rebuilding the workshop. I dont really know what else could be done.

How is your poison-gland coming along? Does everything work as intended? I wanted to offer something similar in my mod, but I used milking for it. Instead of butchering your snakes/scoprions/spiders, you milk them once a month. Dont know if thats of interest to you...

Out of curiosity, how do you deal with milking?  Did you just add the milkable tag to the critters and give "scorpion milk" a syndrome?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 05, 2013, 11:28:00 pm »

I can say for sure that the first issue is vanilla problem with custom workshops. Sometimes jobs appear as red because the workshop cannot find reagents, but manager screen takes care of that.

Not sure about the second problem, have you got a save? Are you sure it's not just a boulder which was hauled and dropped or remains from mining?

Not a boulder graphic. Looks like sand tile graphic.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7374
Hmm, I've noticed it, and the moment later it's gone. It must be something from one of dfhack plugins, I will go ask in their thread right now. I will try to disable different plugins and see which one may cause it. It must be done as a workaround for something, but I want to know for sure.

Sounds like globs from material emissions--they tend to be stockpiled in food.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #635 on: February 06, 2013, 12:06:01 am »

Scorpion Milk ? No no... You add the milkable tag, but replace MILK with POISON (or VENOM for creatures with venom) You will directly "milk" poison into the bucket. You could do the same with any liquid a creature has, be it blood, pus, vomit, hydraulical fluid from my constructs, doesnt matter. As long as it is liquid it works. You can add anything into it really, my test was with dogs that "milk" ghoul saliva, because I just copied that one. So you add "MILKABLE:CREATURE_MAT:GHOUL:SALIVA:20000" to the dog, and thats it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 06, 2013, 12:58:06 am »

I can say for sure that the first issue is vanilla problem with custom workshops. Sometimes jobs appear as red because the workshop cannot find reagents, but manager screen takes care of that.

Not sure about the second problem, have you got a save? Are you sure it's not just a boulder which was hauled and dropped or remains from mining?

Not a boulder graphic. Looks like sand tile graphic.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7374
Hmm, I've noticed it, and the moment later it's gone. It must be something from one of dfhack plugins, I will go ask in their thread right now. I will try to disable different plugins and see which one may cause it. It must be done as a workaround for something, but I want to know for sure.

Sounds like globs from material emissions--they tend to be stockpiled in food.
It's something different, the whole stockpile was filled with "granite" and when I unpaused it was gone. It must be something from those plugins which change management or something, I've asked in DFHack thread already.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 06, 2013, 09:55:30 am »

Deon, I enjoyed your old Genesis. Just wanted to say that. Haven't tried out Reborn yet.

Anyway, I was wondering if you've considered incorporating some of the bugfixes, tweaks, or other changes from
Modest Mod? I do not find it mentioned anywhere in this thread, so I'll assume it hasn't been brought up.

Also, posting to follow...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 06, 2013, 10:47:57 am »

Most of stuff from modest was already in oldgenesis and got ported over. Some minor things could be borrowed, but all vital bugfixes including a fixed exe are here.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 13, 2013, 03:59:03 pm »

Hi, I've been really enjoying Genesis Reborn so far, I have a couple questions though.  Is Vulcanite better than adamantine, and what is moonsilver good for?
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 14, 2013, 01:53:16 am »

i have a possible bug... (if this was mentioned before ignore me) ..... i was playing a bandit adventurer and after mastering combat, i was sick of my badass floundering across rivers, so i spent an entire day ingame, 30 mins IRL swimming back and forth in this pond without any change... i checked my skills, and didn't have a swimming skill.... i was werecreature, so i transformed and could swim fine, then i transformed back and decided to flounder until i drowned..... for some reason, i couldn't drown, i went back and forth across the pond, then just waited in the center and although it said i was drowning and he kept floundering, i never drowned....
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 14, 2013, 02:09:08 am »

You need to know how to swim to get any swimming skill from swimming.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 14, 2013, 04:34:35 am »

You need to know how to swim to get any swimming skill from swimming.

Some adventure bullshit again. Like you must have reading skill in the beginning in order to be able to read ever. Its not possible to put one and one together from reading things like signs.

Infact the next time someone makes a mod please go ahead and ensure that you can learn every single useful skill somewhere in adventure mode, be it slow I dont care. Not being ever able to swim or read is just annoying.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

alannon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 14, 2013, 05:15:58 am »

Has anybody gotten the "cremate butchery waste" reaction to work?  While also 'red'ed out, the "cremate vermin remains" reaction works if you prime it from the manager's menu.  I get an error about being unable to find two reaction class CREMATION items when the job begins, though.

EDIT:
That reaction has [REACTION_CLASS:CREMATION] on it, but no materials have it.  Presumably that token would need to be added to any body parts that were butcher-able?  Perhaps it's just not complete yet?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:33:50 am by alannon »

alannon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 14, 2013, 05:17:43 am »

Does anybody know if there was a particular reason why the magma steam engine was not listed in the permitted reactions for the dwarves?  When I add it back in there, it works perfectly.  I'm wondering if anybody knew of a reason.

EDIT:
If anyone's interested, just put [PERMITTED_BUILDING:MAGMA_STEAM_ENGINE] in your entity_dwarf.txt file to turn this back on.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:35:44 am by alannon »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 108