Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 329855 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS (4.15) - Adventure mode classes (barbarian, magician, vagabond)!
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2012, 11:35:33 pm »

[INORGANIC] isn't a valid token.

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS (4.15) - Adventure mode classes (barbarian, magician, vagabond)!
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2012, 01:27:00 am »

hey so just started up a game and i didnt like place after i got my 4rd migrant wave so i restarted and my fps only dipped down to the 80s. the map had a river as well spewing water off in a 4x4 embark area
so i made new map this next map also had river and also 4x4 embark area everything going smooth then my first migrant waves hits and its going good but i have a cat and before i can tell it to be butchered it becomes someones pet as soon as it became somones pet my fps dropped down to the 50s idk if its cause of the cat but thats the only thing i noticed and thats the first cat ive had in my forts this past week. any ideas why it would drop like that? also it was leaing misqueto remains everywhere as well but ive had much bigger of a base with water reactors before and about 80 dwarfs before it started dropping into the 60s so idk
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2012, 03:35:14 am »

@crappypappy: I know I am not helpful, but please use punctuation. The one cat btw wont be the problem...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2012, 08:32:07 am »

[INORGANIC] isn't a valid token.
Damnit!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2012, 08:49:40 am »

hey so just started up a game and i didnt like place after i got my 4rd migrant wave so i restarted and my fps only dipped down to the 80s. the map had a river as well spewing water off in a 4x4 embark area
so i made new map this next map also had river and also 4x4 embark area everything going smooth then my first migrant waves hits and its going good but i have a cat and before i can tell it to be butchered it becomes someones pet as soon as it became somones pet my fps dropped down to the 50s idk if its cause of the cat but thats the only thing i noticed and thats the first cat ive had in my forts this past week. any ideas why it would drop like that? also it was leaing misqueto remains everywhere as well but ive had much bigger of a base with water reactors before and about 80 dwarfs before it started dropping into the 60s so idk
Did you try increasing FPS limit?

GrizzlyAdamz, I've noticed that adv. mode metalcrafting is wonky, I will probably go with toys/tools as you suggested.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2012, 06:58:03 pm »

Hey Deon, I found a pretty odd and REALLY game breaking bug for Adventure. I started off as a Djinjari Thrower/wrestler. I completed about 6-7 quests, and walked into a Dalesmen fort. Inside of it, I found a book of Necromancy. When I left area that book was in, Another respawned, after I had taken the first, and I repeated this to have 3 Books of Necromancy..

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2012, 05:58:08 am »

There's a bugtracker where you can leave bugs for toady.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2012, 11:07:17 pm »

ha, that was kindof a pun. Any new progress?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2012, 07:25:48 am »

Still trying to pin that freezing issue, so no updates yet. I am almost willing to start anew but it hurts to think about it :P.

It happens in the autumn, so it's either some invaders or I don't know... I tried tweaking all enemies and no luck so far. It could be something weird like new secret-related enemy arriving (like necromancers do) and trying to do something he can't (like bring zombies which he cannot because he's a wizard or something) which ends in an infinite loop, but I haven't heard of problems with custom secrets in other mods, so I don't really know :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2012, 09:43:53 am »

autumn = dwarven trade caravan and diplomat? What does the gamelog say, last entry: Outpost liaison from xyz arrived ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2012, 11:30:47 am »

Nope, they may leave and it still freezes. The gamelog does not have a chance to update, it looks like the game enters an endless loop somewhere.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 21, 2012, 01:24:02 am »

This stupid freezing issue... It's not invaders, turning them off does nothing. I wish I knew what it is so I could avoid it in the future, but in the meantime I think I will start anew. Trying to isolate the issue takes so much time and still haven't netted results.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

recluser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 23, 2012, 08:36:24 am »

This stupid freezing issue... It's not invaders, turning them off does nothing. I wish I knew what it is so I could avoid it in the future, but in the meantime I think I will start anew. Trying to isolate the issue takes so much time and still haven't netted results.

Sorry about that, but growing pains are called pains for a reason :(
(I for one can't even remember how many times I borked genesis classic™ by ''tweaking'' it  :P)

Certanly hope it won't get you down.

Also do you plan on reintroducing official support for ironhand at some point or is it gone for good?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #208 on: September 23, 2012, 11:06:29 am »

Phoebus rocks and ores are just so silly, after weeks on tuning the OldGenesis Ironhand new minerals to look good. (biotite(dark iron mica), greenstone, elvan, obsidian as dark blue not gray...)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #209 on: September 23, 2012, 04:15:37 pm »

On a related topic: Bloodstone is actually green in RL.

Way more importand: Did you find a fix for your crashes ?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 108