Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330234 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

That's AdvFort's problem. Could probably be tweaked, but I know jack about DFHack.

Depends on what workshop you're making. A carpenters workshop just needs the usual building mats - wood, stone or blocks - to build it. If you are making a forge, well, you're going to need an anvil and firesafe stone. Since AdvFort can't check the status menu, you can't set which stone is economic or not.

You can get a gist of what you need to construct custom buildings on the building_adventurer and building_custom.txt

Everything else, I guess you can rely on the wiki.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, would you consider adding some cavern civilizations in place of the removed vanilla ones? Someone big and brave and strong, with good weapons and armor, so they make good companions for any adventurer that recruits them.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:34:06 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I will consider it!

I've decided to incorporate my steampunk elements in Genesis instead of starting another major project. It will make it better and I won't leave Genesis for dead this way, and it will also require less time and will have a good balanced base.

So I am reworking some noble tiles:

Also new uniforms for soldiers, with WW-style caps and with trenchcoats:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:48:42 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Urist Mcfortwrecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The manual is somewhat lacking, especially in the unique stuff, like poisons and the new metals and weapons, i had to do arena testing to figure out what to arm my military with, so some explanation of that would be nice, but i think it has to be cleaned up a lot, as it would require no coding and would help a lot for those new to the mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

soviet-style caps and with trenchcoats
Hehe, vherids soviets tileset would fit perfectly with those. How did you jump from steampunk to mother russia?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You know, not only russians had caps for soldiers. Germans, italians, almost any WW-era soldiers had uniforms with trenchcoats and caps.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Y'know, it might be an interesting idea to add Whale oil to "power up" technology. It might also qualify as a stupid dwarf trick if someone manages to coax a whale into a weapon trap, and then butcher its remains for power. :P

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Y'know, it might be an interesting idea to add Whale oil to "power up" technology. It might also qualify as a stupid dwarf trick if someone manages to coax a whale into a weapon trap, and then butcher its remains for power. :P

Or just import a few barrels of it.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Also don't forget that torque effects can cause an appearance of flying whales.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hmm, I wonder if I should add an ability to remove vampire status... Turning vampire dwarf into a clockwork or remade within Flesh Studio should probably be able to make them non-vampires again.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I wonder if I should add an ability to remove vampire status... Turning vampire dwarf into a clockwork or remade within Flesh Studio should probably be able to make them non-vampires again.

Or just remove BLOODSUCKER :D There's nothing wrong with NO_AGING:STERILE:NOT_LIVING:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Or just remove BLOODSUCKER :D There's nothing wrong with NO_AGING:STERILE:NOT_LIVING:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0

That's just cheating. :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That's not cheating, that's stats of clockwork. Remade will still age and require food, but clockworks will only require alcohol.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Just removing BLOODSUCKER without removing the NO_DRINK, NO_EAT tags would just make a risk-free vampire dwarf.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

De-vampirising a dwarf is actually a neat idea. That is something for my temple/priest of armok :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 108