Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330207 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Testing it now.

EDIT: nope, still won't work.

EDIT: appears to have worked, maybe the dalesman blood laced with (vampire's name) dalesman blood did the trick. I can feed off unconscious people now... oddly, the ( v ) following my name was gone upon reloading.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:15:17 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, turns out I can become a pyromancer AND a druid. Cool. More testing to follow... for now, note to self: pyromancers die to fire like everyone else  :D I wonder if changing their body tissues to fixed_temp could be done...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:18:23 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Impossible to do within the realm of interactions, barring a body transformation into something much like a red dragon or such.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Crux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a couple of questions:

Where did the rock beds (rock + cloth) go? :/ Will the Furniture Workshop come back?
What can you do with a Chapter House? I can build it but there are no tasks to set.
Why do all dwarfs have a penalty to masonry?

I am not sure whether it's a bug with Genesis or Dwarf Therapist 20.4 but the caste tag seems to disappear after playing for some time and won't reappear even if I restart both.

Other than that it's still a great mod and thanks for the Pheobus version.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

All dwarves have a 25% penalty to skill learning, which is to say that they're halfway between normal skill gain rates and being slowlearners. That said, if your dwarf belongs to a caste that emphasizes learning certain skills, for example, a dwarf of Anvil emphasizes the following skills: Mining, Stoneworking tree, Smithing tree, Architecture, he has a 25% bonus to skill rates for those skills.

In short, you assigned a non-dwarf of Anvil to do stoneworking.

I kinda miss the furniture workshop, but you can choose to embark with 8 tower-caps, some plants (minimum of 4 diff. stacks) and a large gem to build an Occultic Grove and Shroom Shrine respectively. Inhale spores on the shroom shrine, use the resulting gems on the Grove to grow trees. Then order your woodcutters to cut the trees and make beds with those, or use those logs for the Sawmill.

Currently, there's nothing to do with the chapterhouse, although Deon has said that he will add caste-shifting eventually (on the chapterhouse).

Crux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All dwarves have a 25% penalty to skill learning, which is to say that they're halfway between normal skill gain rates and being slowlearners. That said, if your dwarf belongs to a caste that emphasizes learning certain skills, for example, a dwarf of Anvil emphasizes the following skills: Mining, Stoneworking tree, Smithing tree, Architecture, he has a 25% bonus to skill rates for those skills.

In short, you assigned a non-dwarf of Anvil to do stoneworking.

Ah, I missed that Anvil wasn't only furnace stuff.

I kinda miss the furniture workshop, but you can choose to embark with 8 tower-caps, some plants (minimum of 4 diff. stacks) and a large gem to build an Occultic Grove and Shroom Shrine respectively. Inhale spores on the shroom shrine, use the resulting gems on the Grove to grow trees. Then order your woodcutters to cut the trees and make beds with those, or use those logs for the Sawmill.

I'd rather piss off the elves.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi guys, I've been wandering underground in cavern layer 3 for a day now (IRL), so far I've found a handful of Cave Trolls, legions of Diggers, Molerats and Alvicians, more adamantine spires than I can count, and a handful of magma pits. What I have not found are animalmen, FBs and Curious Underground Structures. About the latter- will they even appear if I generated a world with 0 random demons, so the only ones down there are the custom ones?

Also, for some reason I can build a craftsdwarf's workshop, but even when I drop raw adamantine in the center tile and stand on it, nothing happens when I select Extract Metal Strand (of which there are 2 reactions... go figure), nor can I make rock crafts out of it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:42:26 am by Tirion »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fun fact: I found a Vulcanite Bastard Sword in a circus tent, in place of an Adamantine one.

Also, the place was completely deserted, so I didn't get to test if circus tent zombies are hostile to druid pyromancer vampires. Though I did find some Bevilith silk webs further down...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:06:10 am by Tirion »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, there are no tribes of underground cave dwellers/animalmen in this version. Makes me slightly sad because the caves are so empty.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Funny bug found with dfhack reveal: Fallen bandits are embedded in sewer walls and the earth nearby. The ones in sewer walls can be attacked too.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like House of Anvil does not get that bonus for stone detailing.

Code: [Select]
[SELECT_CASTE:MALE_ANVIL]
[SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:FEMALE_ANVIL]
[SKILL_RATE:MINING:125:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL_RATE:DETAILSTONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL_RATE:MASONRY:125:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL_RATE:DESIGNBUILDING:125:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL_RATE:SMELT:125:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL_RATE:FORGE_WEAPON:125:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL_RATE:FORGE_ARMOR:125:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL_RATE:FORGE_FURNITURE:125:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL_RATE:METALCRAFT:125:NONE:NONE:NONE]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Looks like a typo to me.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi,
   Been playing around with this a bit this weekend, have a few bits of feeback.

bug: Feed to festive chest reaction apears in the Kiln, i assume this is not intended.

bug: On the embark screen the descriptions for some of the castes only shows the caste name, not the description (e.g. good at xxx) (Edit: [CREATURE:DWARF] missing caste descriptions for castes split between male/female)

balance: Are races other than dwarfs meant to bring bronze centurans on there caravans (I purchased 10 in the first year for various caravans, even if only buyable from dwarves a large cost increase [e.g 1000->50000] may mean you at least have to work a bit to buy them)

Speciablized catapult ammo (fire/web blocks). What stock-piles setting are needed for these so i can set up a feeder stockpile for my catapults (this might be worth adding to the manual as well), tried block-type:spell without success.

suggest: Bone Throne, is it possible to split the sacrifice bones reaction between sac bodyparts/skulls and sac bones. Gives the option of not eating all the bones wanted for making bolts etc. without having to setup custom feeder stockpiles.

doc: Upgrade station. Could do with a brief description of how to use it. (I'm guessing pasture zone at one end/near the workshop, add pets to upgrade and do the upgrade reaction. Does it work on just one centureun/spider or will it affect all in range?)

edit: These might just be things that are in still in progress: No real uses for the blood religion crystal once you have them. Nothing seems to produce the [INORGANIC:EARTHSTONE_GEOMANCER] transformation item.

edit2: The alchemical potions (e.g. FELINE_GRACE_MIX) only seem to have a duration of 1 day (if i am reading the raws right) which makes it not that useful, particually with the ingredients being quite hard to get . If consuming it as a food should the overal duration be around how often a dwarf eats so constant feeding of a potion gives at least some continual affect.

edit3: Could do with a reaction to create a Utility Spider, otherwise can only get if import from merchants. Is it possible to allow (via upgrade?) the Dump Item job, the idea being that you can use these to collect all the items from dead attackers, while keeping you dwarfs save in there civilian burrow.

edit4: bug: Auroch decription claims that they are shearable, but this does not seem to be the case. (seems to be missing a shearable_tissue_layer token)

Anyway having fun so far (even if my military is down to 1 xbow dwarf and 15 bronze war centurans!)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:14:05 am by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

The first one is indeed a bug, as there is an actual Festive Chest building.

I don't know about the second as to why the descriptions aren't finished, when the manual has all the information that details the rest of the caste bonuses.

You indeed pasture one of the creatures near the workshop (or even on top of the production area?) and hope the gasses affect your pets. As it is a gas and is not set to \WORKER_ONLY, it can affect multiple pets.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Why are you not using autosyndrome for your reaction_upgrade.txt ? You can only target a creature inside the workshop, while excluding the worker.

Would be a nice touch to add a cleaning interaction to your INORGANIC:SAUNA_STEAM. :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:50:48 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 108