Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330195 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's hard to explain. To continue to build a workshop, press numpad 5 while standing in its top-left corner. Make sure all items are on the ground and nothing obstructs the construction. If you drop items on the place of workshop, it won't be built. Drag them away.

About walls, it's easier. At first you designate it with alt-numpad4 or something, so the wall designation appears. Then you do the same, and your character walks to get a building material, and builds it.

Make sure you are well-fed and full of water :). Sometimes your character will try to look for food/water instead of doing things.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Relicknowles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok thanks i will try that. I am starting to see its a bit tricky at times. I just went ahead and made a fortress with workshops in it and made it a lair with DFhack so i got a home base. Loving the gen adventure mode alot so far though man keep up the good work :D
ok sweet got it all to work and built a workshop in adventure mode. thaks for the help :D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:45:17 pm by Relicknowles »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

It's hard to explain. To continue to build a workshop, press numpad 5 while standing in its top-left corner. Make sure all items are on the ground and nothing obstructs the construction. If you drop items on the place of workshop, it won't be built. Drag them away.

About walls, it's easier. At first you designate it with alt-numpad4 or something, so the wall designation appears. Then you do the same, and your character walks to get a building material, and builds it.
well you can build by standing on any part of the building, or alt move into the building. though if any item needed to build it doesn't get added to the workshop it's best to retry or remove the items.

Make sure you are well-fed and full of water :). Sometimes your character will try to look for food/water instead of doing things.
this is where having adventure mode reactions that allows the player to craft items that they normally don't need to feed and save them the time to search for food.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Relicknowles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for all your help so far. Another question. I found Lignite which usually can be smelted it seems into Coke for fuel but its not listed in the smelter as an option. am i supposed to use a different workshop?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Smelters don't work with AdvFort (Ctrl+X menu), but there is a way to acquire fuel. You need logs and need to "Burn wood" in the adventure mode crafting menu.

In short, you need to cut trees.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's smelted in smelter. If the reaction is red, use manager screen or rebuild the smelter, it's a common DF problem with not seeing items.

P.S. Ah, Smelter is a furnace, so if you try it with adv. mode, there's a bug with advfort which I already reported, you cannot use furnaces, only workshops. If you speak of fort mode though, it should be working fine.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question, can you play as a hostile race?
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Yeah, just add [BABYSNATCHER] to the dorf raws and generate a new world :P

Relicknowles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's smelted in smelter. If the reaction is red, use manager screen or rebuild the smelter, it's a common DF problem with not seeing items.

P.S. Ah, Smelter is a furnace, so if you try it with adv. mode, there's a bug with advfort which I already reported, you cannot use furnaces, only workshops. If you speak of fort mode though, it should be working fine.

yeah i should have said i was playing in Adv mode. logs for fuel it is then lol

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it normal to be able to capture another sentient race and then use them as a pet? I was closing a bridge during a siege and a Dalesman(woman) got caught and flung into a trap. I released her, but saw that she was listed under my pets. I then attached her to a rope and made her guard my border :) Is that normal?

http://www.wyvernscave.us/images/Dalesman.jpg
http://www.wyvernscave.us/images/Dalesman2.jpg

Tsumi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Popping in to say how much I like this mod, and to ask a quick question.

How on earth do I train animals in fortress mode?
It took me a while to find the "ready for slaughter" option, since I had to use view units rather than the Units list. But I can not for the life of me figure out how to train my scarabs/hounds/mastiffs. I have an animal training zone set up, a kennel and have looked around with the animals pastured and not.

Please help, It's driving me nuts....  :'(

thanks in advance.

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It took me a while to find the "ready for slaughter" option, since I had to use view units rather than the Units list. But I can not for the life of me figure out how to train my scarabs/hounds/mastiffs. I have an animal training zone set up, a kennel and have looked around with the animals pastured and not.

thanks in advance.

When you press Z and select Animals, then when you go over an animal that can be war or hunter trained, the options at the bottom will light up. W for war and H I think for Hunting. Then choose a trainer with T, that should get them going!

Tsumi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

thanks in advance.

When you press Z and select Animals, then when you go over an animal that can be war or hunter trained, the options at the bottom will light up. W for war and H I think for Hunting. Then choose a trainer with T, that should get them going!

Yeah... that's what I thought as well... there are no options for that on my screen though... that's what has me confused. When I press Z and go to animals, the options for slaughter and train aren't there. Not even the words... lol. I'm trying a new download now, to see if I mucked something up somehow... heck if I know.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Options are there.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tsumi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As they should be >.< I have no idea what I've managed to do... The only options on that screen in my fort was scroll and toggle pet availability. I redownloaded and started a new fort though, and it seems to be fine, but My first fort was simply against me having trained pets I suppose. Oh well, It's fine now anyways.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 108